10+ Year Old Account

Question Life as a Gnome: Retirement and Roleplay

So last night, I bit the bullet and finally just power leveled the last two profs I needed for the Master of All achievement. Now that alts are no longer necessary, I've killed every alt, on every realm, and dropped everything on my DK. I paid to move the DK to Sisters of Elune, and race change from Human to Gnome (originally human for the rep bonuses). Now, it is time to roleplay and retire from my altoholic behavior.

But, I find myself in unfamiliar territory. I used to RP on Wyrmrest Accord, but with their population explosion, I wanted to avoid so much over exposure all at once. The last time I was on SoE, I was a human frost mage. That was 5 years ago. I wonder, those who might be familiar with SoE and RP, is there a resource I might use to find a suitable RP guild, where Gnomes are welcome?

*Note to the Mod: Please feel free to move this. I did not want to drop it into the RP thread as those all appeared to be stories.

Hey, a fellow former Wyrmrest player! I've considered going back into RPing, but I haven't gotten the nerve up yet.

(and I am one of those people who believes that a certain degree of cross faction RP should be allowed--especially if the person you're playing with is on your RealID list. Hubby and I have a running joke that Rae keeps a gnome priest in her backpack for emergencies.)

<.< I'm hoping for similar information, for just about any race, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    Hey, a fellow former Wyrmrest player! I've considered going back into RPing, but I haven't gotten the nerve up yet.

(and I am one of those people who believes that a certain degree of cross faction RP should be allowed--especially if the person you're playing with is on your RealID list. Hubby and I have a running joke that Rae keeps a gnome priest in her backpack for emergencies.)

<.< I'm hoping for similar information, for just about any race, though.
    Hey there! From what I saw with my temp alt, most races seem to have established guilds around those races, and even certain worldly professions (city guard, teacher, etc). I was mostly curious because my favorite race of all time is generally mocked, when it should be revered for its intelligence and respect for all other beings (save for the Troggs). I was hoping I would cross paths with someone else from SoE who might even be a gnome themselves.

Deleted
    What's the overall state of RP over on Wyrmrest?

I've RP'd on Argent Dawn for the last 6 years. Although I pretty much gave up fulltime RPing two years ago after the summer that ruined the realm and the birth of a few terrible names that lead the realm into the trash heap. The overall quality of RP on the realm is just utterly embarrassing. I have very, very high standards that just aren't met anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    What's the overall state of RP over on Wyrmrest?

I've RP'd on Argent Dawn for the last 6 years. Although I pretty much gave up fulltime RPing two years ago after the summer that ruined the realm and the birth of a few terrible names that lead the realm into the trash heap. The overall quality of RP on the realm is just utterly embarrassing. I have very, very high standards that just aren't met anymore.
    Wyrmrest RP seemed fairly competent and engaging, but I made the mistake of trying it on a Friday evening and there was a small queue just to log in. So, I went back to Sisters of Elune to check it out and was pleased to see similar interactions without so much population. I am not a raider, nor PvPer, so realm progress is far less important than the realm pop. I don't want to sit for 15-20 minutes waiting in line just to log in.