Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizz kinda shady ticket response

This tells me that, they don't really investigate thoroughly enough to even respond.

So, Tue when everything reset.. Maybe about 10 mins after the raid lockouts reset. I went and tried to do a raid (ToC). Said I completed it, said the lock resets in 6 days 48hr... thats not even enough time to do that raid! no I didnt accept a old lock out, no I didnt reactivate the old lock out. So I put in a ticket to blizz telling them that I didnt do that raid, I didnt even have time to do the raid I told them to look at the lock out time. Heres the response.

Hello! This is Game Master (not showing it) and I'll be assisting you today! I understand you're having an issue with a raid lockout.

After checking everything out, it does appear that this raid lockout is working as intended. I'm not showing anything on my end that would confirm that this lockout is out of the ordinary. I do apologize for the inconvenience my friend I know how it is wanting to go through these old raids for transmog gear, but please understand that we are bound to the game mechanics and are unable to bypass them.

So, are they calling me a lair? ....Or are they calling me a lair?

Just saying.. I guess you have to wait hours after the reset or it might mess up your lockout.. idk? Not really mad, just seems stupid that they cant see it was a mess up on their end.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're looking into the response just a liiiittle bit too much, they're not calling you a liar, stop it. If it shows that you're locked to them, then there's not much else they can do as any further action would go against their policy. Just wait next week, there's only 4-5 more days until reset anyways, won't kill you.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2014-02-06 at 03:24 PM.

At a guess, you entered the raid too early and it carried over a previous lockout.

From their information all they would likely see is that your lockout has been carried over, and given that is the case, there is no way for them to know that you weren't intentionally in there at that time. It's not that they think you're lying, it's that they have to believe their reported information over your story, because if they believed you over what their system says, everyone could say the same thing whenever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    At a guess, you entered the raid too early and it carried over a previous lockout.

From their information all they would likely see is that your lockout has been carried over, and given that is the case, there is no way for them to know that you weren't intentionally in there at that time.
    I mean I get it, its cool. For a game to have as much income/player base.. You think they would have better support. All Im saying, Try to stop being bias and put yourself in my shoes. IF you raid, how would you feel if a group started SoO right after reset, it says ur locked for 6 days.. yeah.. not so fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always wait 30 minutes after reset before swimming in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Always wait 30 minutes after reset before swimming in a raid.
    Guess so lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The response isn't shady. Maybe uninformed at worst. Did you provide them with exact times for the situation? When the servers came back up, when you logged in and when you entered the instance? GMs need those time stamps to see what you see.

Anyway, it just seems like a glitch. Wait until next week and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Anyway, it just seems like a glitch. Wait until next week and try again.
    Easy for you to say, you aren't locked from farming for a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    Easy for you to say, you aren't locked from farming for a week.
    Well you can get disgruntled about it, or you can go do something else and forget about it. Complaining about it isn't going to help.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    call blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Well you can get disgruntled about it, or you can go do something else and forget about it. Complaining about it isn't going to help.
    Throw a stone at all mighty blizzard and the wolfs come out, well you all can tell me not to be upset all you want, one day something stupid like this will happen to you, Ill be here to tell you to stop crying and wait 7 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    call blizzard.
    Didnt they end that support? Cause they make so much money they cant afford phone techs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    You're looking into the response just a liiiittle bit too much, they're not calling you a liar, stop it. If it shows that you're locked to them, then there's not much else they can do, just wait next week, there's only 4-5 more days until reset anyways, won't kill you.
    Thats a kind of ridiculous response. If it were a current raid would you say the same thing to the OP? I'd personally reopen the ticket because that clearly is a glitch and it should be looked into not glossed over like they did. That glitch could present itself in a current raid if its showing up in older ones like TOC.

If I had that error and it was a current raid, when it should have reset for me, I couldn't be depended on that week for my guild. I and my GM would be a bit pissed. Just saying... It looks like they really didn't pay attention to what the issue was. If its happening in one raid whats not to say it isn't in another one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't always believe the first response you get from Blizzard, reopen the ticket and explain it in more detail. Most of the time on the first ticket they might just give a generic response to speed up the ticket line and only those who reopen the ticket gets a real response.

I mean I get it, its cool. For a game to have as much income/player base.. You think they would have better support. All Im saying, Try to stop being bias and put yourself in my shoes. IF you raid, how would you feel if a group started SoO right after reset, it says ur locked for 6 days.. yeah.. not so fun.
    And what should they have done to have a good support in your eyes ? just do what ever you want ? sorry to say but the hole thing with customer is always right isnt really true.

Better support isnt always giving in to everything they have to have some rules and stick to them, let one get special treatment and next everyone will demand it, and don´t see how SoO lockout being messed up and Toc lockout would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    If I had that error and it was a current raid, when it should have reset for me, I couldn't be depended on that week for my guild. I and my GM would be a bit pissed. Just saying... It looks like they really didn't pay attention to what the issue was. If its happening in one raid whats not to say it isn't in another one?
    Thank you for understanding, its easy to take blizzards side and be little servants but one day this will happen to the people telling me to wait 7 days for a reset. We will see their tone change. I have reopened the ticket, with time stamps and demand they actually check to see if I downed a boss/was able to roll on any gear/got any gear.. because I did not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    And what should they have done to have a good support in your eyes ? just do what ever you want ? sorry to say but the hole thing with customer is always right isnt really true.
    No.. better support is being fair, actually looking into it. Not giving me a automated response. Hard for you to understand when kissing ass /shrug
    Last edited by IllidariCouncil; 2014-02-06 at 03:37 PM.

yeah we hear ya bro it sucks. . . but crying about it does not a damn thing for ya. its happened to me many times trying to farm MC, TK, ULD, ICC, etc . . .it happens from time to time and there's nothing a GM can do about it without breaking policy.

Thank you for understanding, its easy to take blizzards side and be little servants but one day this will happen to the people telling me to wait 7 days for a reset. We will see their tone change. I have reopened the ticket, with time stamps and demand they actually check to see if I downed a boss/was able to roll on any gear/got any gear.. because I did not.

- - - Updated - - -

No.. better support is being fair, actually looking into it. Not giving me a automated response. Hard for you to understand when kissing ass /shrug
    I can tell you feel very strongly about this point, but you really need to chill on the petulant quips to people that are telling you things you don't want to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess so lol
    Yeah, I've ported to Dalaran right after a realm came up, and mid-loading screen, the world server went down. Had to log into an alt for 3 hours til the toon came UNSTUCK and ended up back in Stormwind. So immediately following a realm coming on line, I just fish or work on my farm

15+ Year Old Account
    Didnt they end that support? Cause they make so much money they cant afford phone techs?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    I can tell you feel very strongly about this point, but you really need to chill on the petulant quips to people that are telling you things you don't want to hear.
    Exactly this, you're really not helping your cause OP.