10+ Year Old Account

Min-Maxing Protection damage

Hey guys, i am a consistent 95th percentile+ parsing protection paladin on almost all the heroics in SoO, since i'm the MT of a 10 man, i can devote a lot of survivability stats towards damage. In this case - everything i do, whether it is enchants etc, are generally towards providing the most output.

Here are my questions

1) Can someone run the stats on dancing steel vs windsong? I'd love to see a sim to see which provides the most output out of the two
    2) Can someone provide me numbers regarding the "dps values" of our glyphs. This is between Glyph of Alabaster, Glyph of Judgement, Glyph of Holy Wrath, Glyph of WoG (w 4 pc using at 3 stacks). etc?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Do we have weapon sims?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythsyn View Post
    Thank you Do we have weapon sims?
    Either in a different blog entry there, or here: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...hp?f=6&t=32805

10+ Year Old Account
    That is seriously out of date

- - - Updated - - -

Also - i can't see HA being a dps increase. with the amount of haste i'm pushing - i'm putting out way more free SoTR's therefore granting me higher "uptime" of the Glyph of Word of glory buff

You may want to be more fight specific for dps increases. There are many fights where we can use the dps cloak.

As for the enchants, if your haste is @ 50% this would make windsong pretty weak.

Find your sweet spot for mastery then throw some crit into the mix.

Im really curious if SoT is that much better than SoI

....dont think i helped much, good luck

Deleted
    I know this depends on your raid etc, but what would you say is an accepted level of Mastery, before you can go for some crit in HC progression (at blackfuse atm)
    I just got the HC Spark of Zandalar and reached haste cap, its such a huge difference, but i feel i lack some damage.
    I dont use the 4P atm.

4p is op as fuck in 10 mans. The dps you get and shield uptime is amazing. Fish for DP procs and just get so many more than you normally would. Mastery is whatever. I cleared the first 10 on heroic at 552ilvl in in T15 bis gear basically going haste > crit and have all of progression and never had issues with damage intake and we have a mistweaver/disc so our tank healing is pretty weak seeing as the mistweaver just doesn't heal tanks and the disc basically has to cover everything.

I think im at 22.22% mastery with might and a Thoks 574 atm. And I have my pure bis(except the elusive spoils ring which has never dropped in my group i have this stupid hit/mas ring is sucks)

Also, lazel I am coming for you!

passed you both in DPS but ranks not there I need my immers to not count as a wipe every week
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2014-02-12 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    @Jellospally: ok, thanks for the reply. Gonna try dropping some mastery for crit. I tank with a druid and he likes to point out his ~75% crit -_-
    Talking about the spoils ring.. if you bonus roll as ret, you have 50% chance to get the ring if you get loot (as you probably know). 4 kills in a row i have bonus rolled the helm.

Dont know if i can get to haste cap with the 4p (and get the missing pieces..), gonna be fun to play around with some gear setups.

Don't worry as much about haste cap with 4 set. On fights you can use EF at 3 bastion for DP gaming or even every 5 is like having a lot of haste you never had. Ya I have coined as ret every week since we killed it on heroic lol. Got the helm 4 times 3 H WF...vendor trash weeew.

Just because there is a cap doesn't mean you absolutely have to hit it.
    It's nice to be within 500 rating below cap but that's about it. Overall gear quality, trinkets and 4p are still more valuable.

Nillo, why no JC gems?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Ah ya that would suck. We had a perfect Thok this week. 29 stacks in P1 and 29 stacks in poison door and died before next kite.

Isn't 30 stacks perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Isn't 30 stacks perfect?
    Doesn't he one-shot the raid at the 30th stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Doesn't he one-shot the raid at the 30th stack?
    I'm pretty sure it's the one he casts when he is at 30 stacks (-> cast 31)

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's the one he casts when he is at 30 stacks (-> cast 31)
    Still, I'd rather transition a second earlier and not risk 3 people having 52% life when the check for Blood Frenzy is made.