Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    The Patient gorocz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pilsen, Czech Republic
    Posts
    237


    My warlock is prepared [for his eventual Demon Hunter spec]!

    (Don't mind the UI, I was playing in a wrong res windowed mode so the UI got a bit squished...)
    Last edited by gorocz; 2014-02-07 at 05:45 PM.

  2. #62
    Brewmaster Rhaide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    KPAX
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Contradicted in game. Guess which I'm going with?

    EJL
    Guess we'll have to disagree that it was contradicted in game, I'll use common sense, you use something else.

    You also claim that warlocks used to have sense demons in response to someone speaking about spectral sight not being exclusive to Illidan. I think you'll find that sense demons isn't the same thing as spectral sight. Spectral sight is the unique type of vision that DH's have after removing their eyes. It allows them to see everything, not simply demons as sense demons did.

    There's nothing that says this sight can't be granted to someone else for a time, as a matter of fact, sindwellers questline makes that abundantly clear. The issue still remains however, that you seem to know very little about the actual lore for someone making bold statements.
    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all."

    -God (Futurama)

  3. #63
    Always nice to see a thread like this granted their are 56853 other threads exactly like this one, you gotta give respect to the demon huntards, they are relentless in wanting them you never going to get them, but um still nice to see. Keep on reaching for that rainbow Demon huntards we luv you o/

    Infracted. Please post constructively to the dicussions at topics.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2014-02-08 at 09:11 PM.

  4. #64
    The Patient Arberian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post


    My warlock is prepared [for his eventual Demon Hunter spec]!

    (Don't mind the UI, I was playing in a wrong res windowed mode so the UI got a bit squished...)
    Are the Warlocks physically capable of doing this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB82pF_64mw ?!
    If no you are a fool , if yes proof it !

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cokecan View Post
    Always nice to see a thread like this granted their are 56853 other threads exactly like this one, you gotta give respect to the demon huntards, they are relentless in wanting them you never going to get them, but um still nice to see. Keep on reaching for that rainbow Demon huntards we luv you o/
    Read what i wrote above !!
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    "Where is the difference between Flash Heal and Flash of Light ?!Where is the difference between Conflagrate and Fire Blast ?!"

  5. #65
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    So your argument is that giving you a ranged attack and increasing your health is a new ability and not simply an extension of the metamorphosis itself? Impressive mental gymnastics there to make a failure of a point since DH's in WCIII were given no new abilities when they used it. Meta in WCIII was basically a buff, in WoW it's a class MECHANIC. One makes you more powerful while not really changing how you play the game, the other changes your entire playstyle, including SEVERAL brand new abilities like charge and taunt while active. They aren't the same.
    No, my argument is that Metamorphosis Warlock is the DH metamorphosis ability in WoW form. Again, the point of metamorphosis is demonic transformation and empowerment. The WC3 ability did that for DHs, the WoW version does that for Warlocks.

    The only mental gymnastics here is you ignoring the similarities and highlighting the minor differences. You even ignored the fact that the WoW version used to be a CD just like the WC3 version.

    Warlock death coil wasn't the same as DK death coil. Warlock Meta isn't the same as DH meta. Sorry, I have facts, you have... I don't know, I guess some very malleable opinions that stretch to try and make a point.
    So DH metamorphosis and Warlock metamorphosis both transforming the user into a demon and amplifying their abilities isn't a fact?

  6. #66
    The Patient Arberian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No, my argument is that Metamorphosis Warlock is the DH metamorphosis ability in WoW form. Again, the point of metamorphosis is demonic transformation and empowerment. The WC3 ability did that for DHs, the WoW version does that for Warlocks.

    The only mental gymnastics here is you ignoring the similarities and highlighting the minor differences. You even ignored the fact that the WoW version used to be a CD just like the WC3 version.



    So DH metamorphosis and Warlock metamorphosis both transforming the user into a demon and amplifying their abilities isn't a fact?
    Are the Warlocks physically capable of doing this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB82pF_64mw ?!
    If yes proof it !
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    "Where is the difference between Flash Heal and Flash of Light ?!Where is the difference between Conflagrate and Fire Blast ?!"

  7. #67
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    Are the Warlocks physically capable of doing this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB82pF_64mw ?!
    If yes proof it !
    Get their ass kicked by a Death Kmight?

    I would say yes.

  8. #68
    The Patient Arberian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Get their ass kicked by a Death Kmight?

    I would say yes.
    No , To Parry and dodge multiple attacks , and to use their physical power to survive ( not only Dark Powers ).

    Do The Warlocks use these spells ?!
    1- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=41142
    2- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=40585
    3- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=40832
    4- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=40647
    5- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=38010
    6-http://www.wowhead.com/spell=35871
    7- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=39135
    More proofs ?!
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    "Where is the difference between Flash Heal and Flash of Light ?!Where is the difference between Conflagrate and Fire Blast ?!"

  9. #69
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    No , To Parry and dodge multiple attacks , and to use their physical power to survive ( not only Dark Powers ).

    Do The Warlocks use these spells ?!
    1- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=41142
    2- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=40585
    3- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=40832
    4- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=40647
    5- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=38010
    6-http://www.wowhead.com/spell=35871
    7- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=39135
    More proofs ?!
    Warlocks have a more powerful version of number 5.

    As for the rest, give it time. Blizzard has to pull new Warlock abilities and talents from somewhere.

  10. #70
    The Patient Arberian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Warlocks have a more powerful version of number 5.

    As for the rest, give it time. Blizzard has to pull new Warlock abilities and talents from somewhere.
    Or Blizzard has to pull new Demon Hunter abilities and talents from somewhere !!
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    "Where is the difference between Flash Heal and Flash of Light ?!Where is the difference between Conflagrate and Fire Blast ?!"

  11. #71
    Would be weird if they just shared theme

  12. #72
    WC3 had warlocks and demon hunter so clearly they dont have the same theme. And anyone with common sense who actually know something about lore would instantly recognize that demon hunters are 100% their own identity from warlocks.

  13. #73
    wait a sec? DH use fire and arcane magic?!?! why arcane?!?! shadow as i remember.
    and also:
    archimonde, eredar = warlock (demon ally)
    illidan, elves = demon hunter (demon enemies)
    Last edited by bison91; 2014-02-08 at 11:37 AM.

  14. #74
    Here's an eye opener: If Blizzard want's to introduce a new class, and they want demon hunters to be in it because it fits the theme of an expansion, they are not going to hold back because for some reason they overlap with warlocks....... They will work around it. What you hear on these forums so much is: "can't" "can't" "can't", well this just came in: THEY CAN!

  15. #75

  16. #76
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    Here's an eye opener: If Blizzard want's to introduce a new class, and they want demon hunters to be in it because it fits the theme of an expansion, they are not going to hold back because for some reason they overlap with warlocks....... They will work around it. What you hear on these forums so much is: "can't" "can't" "can't", well this just came in: THEY CAN!
    If Blizzard wanted to introduce DHs as a class, they wouldn't have them overlapping with Warlocks and Rogues in the first place.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Blizzard wanted to introduce DHs as a class, they wouldn't have them overlapping with Warlocks and Rogues in the first place.
    Monk overlaps with rogue heavily, still they got introduced.

  18. #78
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Monk overlaps with rogue heavily, still they got introduced.
    Please tell us of the themes and abilities that Monks and Rogues share.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Please tell us of the themes and abilities that Monks and Rogues share.
    General gameplay and feel overlaps with rogue. Of course lore is different but its not related.

    Monk has similar abilities than rogue, like jab, combo points system etc
    Last edited by Cle; 2014-02-08 at 12:39 PM.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Blizzard wanted to introduce DHs as a class, they wouldn't have them overlapping with Warlocks and Rogues in the first place.
    Yeah, that's kind of my point :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •