Need help choosing a new computer...

So basically I just want to be able to run wow in ultra. Even during 25 man raiding and WOD. The cheaper the price the better. I don't care really were I get it, but I would prefer to buy it in person.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need a budget, and if you have peripherals/monitor/an OS.

Between 1000 and 1500 would be ideal. I have everything but a monitor, and a sound peripheral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if you filled out this sticky so we can get all the details.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-PLUS ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($147.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($87.99 @ Microcenter)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($154.95 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.66 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($222.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($107.33 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Asus VE248H 24.0" Monitor ($169.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1423.84
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-06 14:11 EST-0500)

Should run WoW on ultra easily, and any other game for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Would be nice if you filled out this sticky so we can get all the details.
    Ok sorry I'm new at this.

-budget is 1000$-1500$ could be willing to pay more.

- I'm not too sure on the resolution but nothing below 1800x1200

-primarily for wow:WOD, but some other next gen games would be nice. Nothing that could fry the computer.

-no

-United States

-not sure what this means but sure.

-yes

-I would need a monitor and speakers I have everything else.

Also I would like this to come packaged, because I have zero experience putting a computer together.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Ok sorry I'm new at this.

-budget is 1000$-1500$ could be willing to pay more.

- I'm not too sure on the resolution but nothing below 1800x1200

-primarily for wow:WOD, but some other next gen games would be nice. Nothing that could fry the computer.

-no

-United States

-not sure what this means but sure.

-yes

-I would need a monitor and speakers I have everything else.

Also I would like this to come packaged, because I have zero experience putting a computer together.

Everyone is going to tell you to build your own because it's much cheaper and is typically a hell of a lot better then some stock computer someone made.

they are 100% right, but if you are dead set on buying one pre built and will positively not build your own ( which is very easy you could even take it to a shop and it'd probably still be cheaper with bought parts)

www.Ibuypower.com is one of the best computer websites in the states, my girlfriend has bought 2 on there and I have been very very impressed, they build them very well, and have a huge range of computers on there, where you can interchange with the newest parts (most are on sale half the time ).

If you have questions about what parts are good from there PM me. OR message me back on here.

Like I said she bought a top of the line computer with professional overclocking and cable management for 1-1.2 grand, they have all the parts / cases people will suggest on PC picker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Building a computer really isn't that hard, there's a first time for everything. I encourage everyone who wants a gaming PC, to build it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Building a computer really isn't that hard, there's a first time for everything. I encourage everyone who wants a gaming PC, to build it themselves.
    I understand, but i don't have the knowledge, time, or space to do this ATM. Is there a median? Like people who build and sell?

This ipad spell corrector kills me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I understand, but i don't have the knowledge, time, or space to do this ATM. Is there a median? Like people who build and sell?

This ipad spell corrector kills me sometimes.
    Did you see my post? Thats the best median in the states. I can help pick parts if needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly... if you don't have the time or space to build a computer, you don't have the time to play games, or space to have a computer. Building a computer for a novice takes a few hours, at most. The space needed is pretty much the size of the case laid down.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Did you see my post? Thats the best median in the states. I can help pick parts if needed.
    Ok I will check it out Ty.

Honestly... if you don't have the time or space to build a computer, you don't have the time to play games, or space to have a computer. Building a computer for a novice takes a few hours, at most. The space needed is pretty much the size of the case laid down.
    I don't think everyone HAS to build a computer to game a lot, regardless of people on a forum telling him it's easy we have no idea what could be hard or easy for someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I don't think everyone HAS to build a computer to game a lot, regardless of people on a forum telling him it's easy we have no idea what could be hard or easy for someone.
    Nobody -has- to, but those common excuses are just that, excuses. Howevere people usually want to save money... Which is sort of the point of building it. And we do have an idea what could be hard or easy.... There are literally thousands of people who have gone "I've never built a computer before. I can't do it" and after they do it, they state it was easy. That's a pretty good indicator.

Nobody -has- to, but those common excuses are just that, excuses. Howevere people usually want to save money... Which is sort of the point of building it. And we do have an idea what could be hard or easy.... There are literally thousands of people who have gone "I've never built a computer before. I can't do it" and after they do it, they state it was easy. That's a pretty good indicator.
    Agreed I never wanted to build mine until people on here helped me.

I saw this posted here in this forum.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gamer-xtreme-desktop-8gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive/9244118.p?id=1219007770672&skuId=9244118&st=pcmcat143400050013_categoryid$abcat0501000&cp= 1&lp=15#tab=reviews

Would this be good? And do you think it would perform well in WOD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you read the rest of the thread where you pulled that from? The general consensus is that it's a poor purchase.