Thread: WoL- Hunters

WoL- Hunters

Hey guys, my guild has been raiding together for 3 weeks, and our hunters are looking for criticism.

The world of logs are below

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h1v7tylvoixqi4kw/

Thanks.

I didn't look in a ton of detail, but at a quick glance I noticed Ajacx seems to have a chunk of time where serpent string dropped off and wasn't put back up for awhile on Malkorak, which shouldn't really happen. Shuoro also barely cast glaive toss. If I have time later I'll take a closer look.

BTW, you might want to consider switching to (or also using) Warcraftlogs.com. It has a lot of really nice features and it's a lot easier to really analyze fight details in I've found. Also, if you turn on advanced combat logging (it's under network settings in the game) it will log additional data which allows you to do stuff like resource analysis (like seeing what focus levels were over the course of the fight) and even a combat replay which shows you where everyone was standing at various points in the fight (I found this very helpful when studying why we were having prison issues on heroic Sha).

I'll probably take a look tomorrow, got 4 hours of raid tonight.

Quick glance at Malorok:

Heroism on the pull...why are you using it in the middle of the fight?

The length of the fight that you are killing this in, is not really optimal for MoC. They will not be able to make much use of the 3rd cast, which drops it's value for that fight quite a bit. Would probably suggest blink strikes in it's place, unless you start either shortening the fight by around 1minute or extending it for them to make the most of 3rd MoC. Ajacx does get the 3rd cast off but only gets 17/30 of the ticks off, and its the later ones which do the big damage...

SS uptime for Ajacx and Allthearrows should be increased.
    Jimmy needs to fix his BA uptime, he's losing a lot of LnL procs by being at only 82%.
    GT usage for Shuoro and Jimmy should be higher.
    Tell Arrows to use deter for Imploding Miasma if he doesn't have a good shield up to not die, it blocks pretty much everything on this fight.
    Shuoro should have higher uptime on Rapid fire with his 2 set.

Shuoro just seems to be missing a lot of items that he needs to do decent damage. 4 set, legendary cloak, legendary meta, AoC etc.

Don't have time to start looking at their GCD usage and stuff but, DPS looks fine for all of them for their ~550 ilvl.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Spoils:

All of your hunters used Glaive Toss. With Barrage you can position yourself so you pretty much hit any random add in a wide cone in front of you. It is vastly superior.

All of you hunters also used A Murder of Crows. Generally nothing stays up long enough for that ability to be useful. Have them use Blink Strike instead.

If a lot of boxes are being opened at once, your hunters are not using Mult-Shot enough.

Only two of your hunters are using Thrill of the Hunt on an AoE-centric fight.