Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy View Post
    Dire Beast will give you 5-600k damage on a belt, with TotH my AS does 1.4m with an average hit of about 180k. So all I need is 4 extra AS from TotH and I'm doing more damage.
    Not that simple. If you're not casting those Arcane shots, you're not just doing nothing. You're either still casting them or using cobra shot, which doesn't do 0 damage. Dire beast is 1 GCD and does it's damage automatically, in addition to feeding you a small amount of focus over time.

Most here would agree without question that in standard single target, DB > TOTH. The only question is how many, if any, attacks the beast loses due to movement on the belt. My experience with DB on the belt is it doing a pretty standard amount of damage.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    2) The gap progresses from right to left and loops back. If the gap was last on the far left, it will appear again on the far right.
    There is also a predictable pattern that the gaps will follow between sets of fire lines, it's tricky to explain so I'll try be as clear as I can with my terms.

There are 5 fire beams in each set.
    There are 3 sets of fire beams that you have to navigate, by going through the gaps.
    In each set the gap moves from right to left and then cycles back.
    Here is a crude diagram:
    Code:
    END
    5 4 3 2 1
    5 4 3 2 1
    5 4 3 2 1
    START
    So in each set of lines the gap will go from 1-5 then back to 1 and repeat.
    At any point in time, the gaps are positioned 2 spaces to the left (facing from START) of the previous one.
    If the gap in the first set is at 1, the second gap will be at 3, and the third gap will be at 5.
    When you move through a gap, by the time you reach the next one it will cycle. So if you intend to run straight through you should aim for 3 spaces left.
    Here are some example paths you can take if you want to run straight through (especially helpful for melee to keep pace with the weapon):
    1, 4, 2 (first gap, second gap, third gap)
    2, 5, 3
    3, 1, 4
    etc. hopefully you get the idea.

edit: here's an image I made to help explain it more visually for my guild forums http://i.imgur.com/f9CxJX6.jpg
    if you watch a video of a melee doing the belt the pattern should become very apparent.
    Last edited by mediic; 2014-02-10 at 01:11 PM.

Quick question for BMs, I pretty much played SV 100% of the time, especially after I got the 4 pc.

For H Blackfuse 25M though, we send up 4 hunters every belt and I found that BM is doing better damage, so I switched just for this fight. Anyways, do BMs macro in Rabid to BW for example or leave it on auto-cast? On SV I just left it on auto-cast but I've heard it's better to manually cast Rabid to line up with BW/procs?

Quote Originally Posted by Strifey View Post
    Quick question for BMs, I pretty much played SV 100% of the time, especially after I got the 4 pc.

For H Blackfuse 25M though, we send up 4 hunters every belt and I found that BM is doing better damage, so I switched just for this fight. Anyways, do BMs macro in Rabid to BW for example or leave it on auto-cast? On SV I just left it on auto-cast but I've heard it's better to manually cast Rabid to line up with BW/procs?
    I always left mine on autocast mainly because when we had the right people belts weren't an issue. However with 4 hunters you may be able to make better use of them if you all weren't using it at the same time.