Deleted

Raid Performance Question & Tips

Hi fellow MMO-ers,

Since several weeks our guild has been raiding Heroic Content (on social basis). With a lot of different raid members (14-15 at the moment and rising) I still tend to see some lack of perfomance at some points. While more raiders are getting heroic gear and higher Itemlevels I can't help myself wonder as a raid leader if everyone is on the level they should be, so here I am. So far we cleared up till Malkorok on heroic and actually brought him to 20% but in order to progress more on him, I really would like to clear the previous bosses a bit faster which is causing problems lately. So today I decided to log in order to seek advice here. What I would like to ask, can some of you MMO'ers with a little bit more depth into certain classes take a look at today logs? Basicly everytip on gear and rotations/ability usage would be welcome since positive advice will make us better player in the end. Overall I would say it wend pretty smooth untill we hitted Juggernaut/Shamans (had a stupid wipe on galakras which usually doesn't occur).

The raiders:

World of Logs from today
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/85tp3xavrftqwjzc/

Warcraftlogs
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/h1y2QbPWzvKVcCAa/

Points which have my special attention;
    1. Do some DPS needs to step it up or are they doing fine for there current Ilvl from within the logs?
    2. If some of them need to step it up, any tips & tops on what I can advice them?
    3. Are the healers doing good enough or can they improve as well? If so, what advice can I give them?
    4. What is causing the trouble on our Juggernaut/Shaman kills lately?

I (the frost mage) know my own dps can go up a lot, I know my performance was far from optimal but leading takes a big chunck of my dps sometimes by not having enough uptime and attention on Evocation, Bombs & the Snap Shotting. Overal I was more looking at how other raiders were performing tonight, the same reason what brought me here. Any answers and advice is really welcome for us since I think reaching Thok would be a nice goal before the nerf hits...

Update: Raiders analyzed Cyrodilnl, Orrelover (More info would be appreciated)
    Last edited by mmoce3b1409363; 2014-02-09 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your brewmaster should be avoiding haste like the plague, and focusing on a crit>mastery build where they find a comfort point of mastery and shoves the rest into crit, at 1.9k mastery malk heroic, thok heroic, paragons heroic and garrosh heroic are going to be uncomfortable as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Meillquei View Post
    I took a look at the armories of both warlocks and noticed something:
    They are both gemming an awful lot of expertise, yet they are reforging away from hit?
    Are they really that starved for hit that they have to gem expertise? I would think that it would be a bigger dps gain to get hit cap via reforging.
    getting hit capped through expertise gems and reforging into secondary stats is usually preferred to gemming INT in red slots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Your brewmaster should be avoiding haste like the plague, and focusing on a crit>mastery build where they find a comfort point of mastery and shoves the rest into crit, at 1.9k mastery malk heroic, thok heroic, paragons heroic and garrosh heroic are going to be uncomfortable as hell.
    Aye thanks for these headsup, will speak this through!
    Any people have more indepth information logswise for our healers & dps?

From what I can see, almost all of the raid deaths are on people not avoiding avoidable damage and dying in under a second. Ricochet, Borer Drill, Poison Tornado, etc. These are all avoidable and really hurt if you don't move. That's your main thing to improve on.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most obvious flaw is, that you lack a warrior :P

Just kidding. OT: Since the only classes I have some form of knowledge of are Warriors and, to an certain extent, elemental shamans, I can only offer some general advice.

1) There is always a reason to respecc or re-glyph. Even if it´s just a minor impreovement, the sum of everybody doing slightly better is a great increase. There is not a single boss in SoO I don´t touch my talents or glyphs for. Far too often I witness people staying with their default build simply because they are lazy. Or even worse: I encounter people who didn´t even know, that they could do certain things because they didn´t know about certain glyphs. Did you know non-resto-shamans can dispell themselves with the shamanistic rage glyph? Or that Fury/Arms warriors can apply sunder armor debuffs without wasting rage on the actual sunder armor ability?
    2) Big food and pots are mandatory. Get Stasi-addons, that track if people are to greedy to throw pots. "But it´s a farm boss" is no excuse. One should always try to excel himself. If people refuse using the best available buffs and you wipe, they are a big part of the problem.
    3) Get to know bosses specified on your class. All classes have the one or the other way to exploit mechanics. While it is hard to keep track, who tries to inform himself about possible boss shenanigans without extensive research for each single class, it adds a great deal of efficiency if people do so. Did you know you can massspellreflect the fire arrows of the tower archers at galakras´? That warlocks and mages can soak bombs at Juggernaut without taking any damage? That warriors and droods with symbiosis on warriors can intervene the tank at Nazgrim to get a sunder armor stack and thus are able to nuke during deff stance without adding rage?
    4) Try to step your game up. At Shamans we went from three-tank+draw ajar to three-tank+stack them to two-tanks+stack them. As a tank, I went from Stamina flask+ Shockwave + Stamina trinkets at Galakras to Strength Flask + Cleave trinket + Bladestorm at Galakras. We went from opening specific boxes at spoils to open-them-faster-tank-gogo^^ I just try to say, that things become possible with better gear, which were discarded when they were tried initially because they would fail. Never stop to improve little things.
    5) Now this last point is specific for your group. I just overflew the logs, especially the deaths and it seems like your team has a thing for dying is stuff they shouldn´t be standing in. Everytime someone decides to eat a second tick of something just to bring his cast through it will draw the healer´s attention away from people who are encountering unavoidable damage or from tanks getting their face punched.

My two cents. I hope it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I'll focus on the resto druid here, since that is what I main as:

Immerseus:
    • Harmory uptime is a bit low (87.5%). It should be 95%+ almost always.
    • Lifebloom uptime is very low (69%). It should be 90%+ almost always.
    • Wild Mushroom: Bloom should be used more often here. It only healed for ~1.5mil on the logs you linked, where it can easily be in your top three healing on this fight. Try to position the mushroom so it hits as many healing blobs as possible during the split phase, make sure it is fully grown, and stand next to the blobs when you bloom it. This will instantly heal almost all the blobs in the mushroom, do ridiculous healing, and give the druid an extremely strong healing buff for a few seconds (where they should throws HoTs on the raid ASAP).
    • A minor improvement to the mushroom suggestion above is also symbiosising a priest for Life Grip. This way you can grip one far away blob into your mushroom bloom.
    • Tranquility was never used, very strange. Tranquility is good at both healing when the adds spawn in the "boss" phase, and when the adds start reaching the middle in the split phase.
    • Talent choices can be changed, but I'll talk more about that below.

Fallen Protectors
    • Harmony uptime is extremely low (80.4%). It should be 95%+ almost always.
    • Lifebloom uptime is very low (75.4%). It should be 90%+ almost always.
    • Mushroom blooms were very good here.
    • Stood in poison on the ground a few times (5 ticks).
    • Tranquility healed for less than lifebloom here, very strange. It should be used more often / at better times. Typically using it during a desperate measures will yield the best results.
    • Again, talent choices can be changed a bit.

Sha of Pride
    • Harmony uptime is pretty good (96.4%).
    • Lifebloom uptime is better, still room for improvement (87.5%).
    • ZERO healing from mushroom bloom here. Very surprising, since it is very strong on this fight. It should be getting bloomed on the largest stack of people (typically melee) immediately following every Swelling Pride. It does A LOT of healing.
    • Tranquility healing is very low, but this could be how you guys are handling raid CDs.
    • Wild Growth was not used off CD, which it should be considering the druid is NOT taking Soul of the Forest. Without SotF, Wild Growth should have anywhere from a 80%-87% uptime, it was only 58.2% here. (Just for reference, WITH Soul of the Forest, Wild Growth uptime should be around 40%-46%.)

Galakras
    • Harmony uptime was ok, but should be higher (93.5%).
    • Lifebloom uptime is better, still room for improvement (86.8%).
    • Had a very good bloom in the middle of the fight, which did a ton of healing. However, didn't really bloom again after that, which is sad. You can see how that ONE bloom did 11% of the druids healing, imagine if they did that more often. This is especially druid during the "boss" phase. Bloom should be used very often during the final phase, when there is large raid damage, but it wasn't used at all.
    • Tranquility is very low again. It was not used at all until the final phase of the fight. It can be used twice during the "add" phase pretty effectively . (Getting three tranquilities in this fight is standard.)
    • Wild Growth uptime was very low (51.5%), should be closer to 80% without Soul of the Forest.

Iron Juggernaut
    • Harmony uptime was low, should be higher (90.6%).
    • Lifebloom uptime was low, should be higher (67.3%).
    • Tranquility did very low healing here, probably used at a sub-optimal time / not as many times as it should be. Tranquility is usually in the top three heals on this fight because it does almost no overhealing when used during Siege phase.
    • Mushroom bloom was pretty low here. It has some good uses during assualt phase when the melee take a spike of damage, also can be very good for siege phase depending on your strategy.
    • Again, Wild Growth uptime was a low (54.8%).

Armory / General Suggestions
    • Gemming is a bit weird in some places. The druid is going for the 13,163 haste breakpoint, but giving up a few intellect socket bonuses to do so (Loss of 240 intellect). Meanwhile, the druid still has a pure +160 int red gem in the cloak. All-in-all, the 13k BP is very good if you can reach it without losing socket bonuses and/or too much other stats. The druid is mostly there, and I wouldn't recommend turning back now, but they should try to get those intellect bonuses back ASAP.
    • Cloak not enchanted.
    • Glyph of Healing Touch isn't that great. I'd recommend picking up the Glyph of Regrowth.
    • The druid uses Incarnation on every fight, which (in terms of throughput), is lower than other choices. Most druids go with Incarnation as the "default" talent choice for that tier, because websites like Noxxic and Icy Veins have made it seem like it is the strongest choice. It almost never is. Especially at the 13k BP, Soul of the Forest is extremely strong and provides a lot more healing (even burst healing) than Incarnation. At the 13k BP, I would run SotF on pretty much every single encounter.
    • Can probably afford to re-do some of the reforging. 17k spirit is quite a lot for 10m resto druid. So, the druid can stop reforging out of mastery on a few pieces, and reforge out of spirit instead.

After browsing your logs a bit, the druid is definitely not one of your "problem" people, but I figured I'd still throw down some analysis and advice for improvement. Hopefully this helps!
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Having a look at your disc priest.

Power Infusion is generally a horrid talent. Twist of Fate can be abused on both healing AND damage to help contribute way more than PI does.

He has no tailoring enchant on his cloak even though he is a tailor.

Glyph of Renew is horrid, should not even be casting it as Disc, as is Glyph of Holy Fire. Weakened Soul Glyph and Inner Sanctum/ Glyph of Fade are far better choices.

Missing a belt buckle in his belt. Easy 320 crit hes missing out on.

Minor Glyph of Sha fiend actually takes Mindbender/Shadowfiend off the GCD, so this is a slight increase to efficiency, he should be using this.

Multistrike trinket is horrid for disc priest. A ToT Horridon's Last Grasp far outweighs it, or he can go double Amp by stealing one of the Amp trinkets from Immerseus

Looking at H Protectors, He used Power Word Shield 2 times. 2? He should be casting it 40 times at least that fight. 8 minute encounter, shield every 12 seconds for rapture. If he does not have something to track his rapture, tell him to get one, so much free output being lost.
    That is the bare minimum amount he should be shielding. Could easily be 90+ times to mitigate Garrote Damage or Dots that are not dispelled fast enough.

Only used spirit shell once throughout the whole fight. 8 minute fight, 1 minute cooldown. Should be used at least 6 times.

He only used innerfocus 4 times the entire fight. 45 second cooldown. 8 minute fight. Should be used at LEAST 9 times for free crit healing and more mana reduction on Prayer of Healing.

If he were to fix these basic things as a disc priest he could be easily maintaining 180k HPS and have 0 mana issues on a fight like protectors.

I'm sure there is more issues on more fights but he really needs to go back to the drawing board in regards to understanding how the disc kit works.
    Last edited by Housem; 2014-02-09 at 08:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    I'll focus on the resto druid here, since that is what I main as:

Immerseus:
    • Harmory uptime is a bit low (87.5%). It should be 95%+ almost always.
    • Lifebloom uptime is very low (69%). It should be 90%+ almost always.
    • Wild Mushroom: Bloom should be used more often here. It only healed for ~1.5mil on the logs you linked, where it can easily be in your top three healing on this fight. Try to position the mushroom so it hits as many healing blobs as possible during the split phase, make sure it is fully grown, and stand next to the blobs when you bloom it. This will instantly heal almost all the blobs in the mushroom, do ridiculous healing, and give the druid an extremely strong healing buff for a few seconds (where they should throws HoTs on the raid ASAP).
    • A minor improvement to the mushroom suggestion above is also symbiosising a priest for Life Grip. This way you can grip one far away blob into your mushroom bloom.
    • Tranquility was never used, very strange. Tranquility is good at both healing when the adds spawn in the "boss" phase, and when the adds start reaching the middle in the split phase.
    • Talent choices can be changed, but I'll talk more about that below.

Fallen Protectors
    • Harmony uptime is extremely low (80.4%). It should be 95%+ almost always.
    • Lifebloom uptime is very low (75.4%). It should be 90%+ almost always.
    • Mushroom blooms were very good here.
    • Stood in poison on the ground a few times (5 ticks).
    • Tranquility healed for less than lifebloom here, very strange. It should be used more often / at better times. Typically using it during a desperate measures will yield the best results.

Sha of Pride
    • Harmony uptime is pretty good (96.4%).
    • Lifebloom uptime is better, still room for improvement (87.5%).
    • ZERO healing from mushroom bloom here. Very surprising, since it is very strong on this fight. It should be getting bloomed on the largest stack of people (typically melee) immediately following every Swelling Pride. It does A LOT of healing.
    • Tranquility healing is very low, but this could be how you guys are handling raid CDs.
    • Wild Growth was not used off CD, which it should be considering the druid is NOT taking Soul of the Forest. Without SotF, Wild Growth should have anywhere from a 80%-87% uptime, it was only 58.2% here. (Just for reference, WITH Soul of the Forest, Wild Growth uptime should be around 40%-46%.)

Galakras
    • Harmony uptime was ok, but should be higher (93.5%).
    • Lifebloom uptime is better, still room for improvement (86.8%).
    • Had a very good bloom in the middle of the fight, which did a ton of healing. However, didn't really bloom again after that, which is sad. You can see how that ONE bloom did 11% of the druids healing, imagine if they did that more often. This is especially druid during the "boss" phase. Bloom should be used very often during the final phase, when there is large raid damage, but it wasn't used at all.
    • Tranquility is very low again. It was not used at all until the final phase of the fight. It can be used twice during the "add" phase pretty effectively . (Getting three tranquilities in this fight is standard.)
    • Wild Growth uptime was very low (51.5%), should be closer to 80% without Soul of the Forest.

Iron Juggernaut
    • Harmony uptime was low, should be higher (90.6%).
    • Lifebloom uptime was low, should be higher (67.3%).
    • Tranquility did very low healing here, probably used at a sub-optimal time / not as many times as it should be. Tranquility is usually in the top three heals on this fight because it does almost no overhealing when used during Siege phase.
    • Mushroom bloom was pretty low here. It has some good uses during assualt phase when the melee take a spike of damage, also can be very good for siege phase depending on your strategy.
    • Again, Wild Growth uptime was a low (54.8%).

Armory / General Suggestions
    • Gemming is a bit weird in some places. The druid is going for the 13,163 haste breakpoint, but giving up a few intellect socket bonuses to do so (Loss of 240 intellect). Meanwhile, the druid still has a pure +160 int red gem in the cloak. All-in-all, the 13k BP is very good if you can reach it without losing socket bonuses and/or too much other stats. The druid is mostly there, and I wouldn't recommend turning back now, but they should try to get those intellect bonuses back ASAP.
    • Cloak not enchanted.
    • Glyph of Healing Touch isn't that great. I'd recommend picking up the Glyph of Regrowth.
    • The druid uses Incarnation on every fight, which (in terms of throughput), is lower than other choices. Most druids go with Incarnation as the "default" talent choice for that tier, because websites like Noxxic and Icy Veins have made it seem like it is the strongest choice. It almost never is. Especially at the 13k BP, Soul of the Forest is extremely strong and provides a lot more healing (even burst healing) than Incarnation. At the 13k BP, I would run SotF on pretty much every single encounter.
    • Can probably afford to re-do some of the reforging. 17k spirit is quite a lot for 10m resto druid. So, the druid can stop reforging out of mastery on a few pieces, and reforge out of spirit instead.

After browsing your logs a bit, the druid is definitely not one of your "problem" people, but I figured I'd still throw down some analysis and advice for improvement. Hopefully this helps!
    Thank you a lot for this effort, analyzing this all for one person per fight is just what I was looking for and I can't thank you enough! As soon as he comes on TS today i'll speak this through with him!

Quote Originally Posted by Housem View Post
    Having a look at your disc priest:

• Power Infusion is generally a horrid talent. Twist of Fate can be abused on both healing AND damage to help contribute way more than PI does.
    • He has no tailoring enchant on his cloak even though he is a tailor.
    • Glyph of Renew is horrid, should not even be casting it as Disc, as is Glyph of Holy Fire. Weakened Soul Glyph and Inner Sanctum/ Glyph of Fade are far better choices.
    • Missing a belt buckle in his belt. Easy 320 crit hes missing out on.
    • Minor Glyph of Sha fiend actually takes Mindbender/Shadowfiend off the GCD, so this is a slight increase to efficiency, he should be using this.
    • Multistrike trinket is horrid for disc priest. A ToT Horridon's Last Grasp far outweighs it, or he can go double Amp by stealing one of the Amp trinkets from Immerseus
    • Looking at H Protectors, He used Power Word Shield 2 times. 2? He should be casting it 40 times at least that fight. 8 minute encounter, shield every 12 seconds for rapture. If he does not have something to track his rapture, tell him to get one, so much free output being lost. That is the bare minimum amount he should be shielding. Could easily be 90+ times to mitigate Garrote Damage or Dots that are not dispelled fast enough.
    • Only used spirit shell once throughout the whole fight. 8 minute fight, 1 minute cooldown. Should be used at least 6 times.
    • He only used innerfocus 4 times the entire fight. 45 second cooldown. 8 minute fight. Should be used at LEAST 9 times for free crit healing and more mana reduction on Prayer of Healing.
    • If he were to fix these basic things as a disc priest he could be easily maintaining 180k HPS and have 0 mana issues on a fight like protectors.
    • I'm sure there is more issues on more fights but he really needs to go back to the drawing board in regards to understanding how the disc kit works.
    Thank you, could you tell me some more of the basic stuff he could improve? I will speak to him and refer him to the class forums so he can get more information about the basics but any more help you could get me is appreciated. Thanks for these pointers tho, appreciated!
    Last edited by mmoce3b1409363; 2014-02-09 at 01:52 PM.

Just did a quick look over your warlocks cause that is what I main, they could probably get a little bit more up time on immolate, and should really be emphasizing chaos bolts with procs and cool downs , from the couple fights I looked at it seems incinerate was normally above chaos bolt. you may want to have them run simcraft and see if they can find a optimal point between haste and crit as they seem to just be dumping crit into haste and mastery, I tried a haste over crit build but changed to a build that has my crit above haste and have seen better results and sustained dps when making sure to use chaos bolts under procs can really make a differance. I would recommend having them run some simcraft simulations, and work on chaos bolt with procs, and immolate up times. Also if they did not know they can use havoc to cleave shadowburn damage onto targets above 20% hp. handy for fights like Norushen and Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartex View Post
    Thank you a lot for this effort, analyzing this all for one person per fight is just what I was looking for and I can't thank you enough! As soon as he comes on TS today i'll speak this through with him!

Thank you, could you tell me some more of the basic stuff he could improve? I will speak to him and refer him to the class forums so he can get more information about the basics but any more help you could get me is appreciated. Thanks for these pointers tho, appreciated!
    If he nails his rapture and shield usage he should see his numbers go up a LOT. Macroing Inner Focus to Prayer of Healing also means he will never forget it.

#Showtooltip Prayer of Healing
    /cast Inner Focus
    /cast Prayer of Healing

^ this should work just fine.

Maximising ToF uptime by hitting low HP adds/bosses so he always has 15% more healing and damage is also a straight easy boost that doesnt require too much extra play.
    Overall just press the right buttons more and he should be fine. The class forums here are a bit average for priest. I would defs recommend this guide howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?t=1837 It's very simple but very in depth at the same time. If he has any questions he could always ask you to post them here and I can respond 11/14 HM 10 Man Disc priest at your service!