Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhia View Post
    Just saw some great videos about eve online and how the auction house work there and such. Maybe that could be a good start to investigate? And I think the developers seem open enough to maybe share some numbers? Just an idea.
    EVE has the most complex economy I've seen in any MMO. And I do think they have one or more professional economists behind the scenes. And data about the markets isn't hard to get. There's an API to snag it from them. There are some interesting things to say about how that market is essentially emergent, as there are only a few ways that money gets into the system; the rest is finding "stuff" and seeing who will pay what for it. It has twists, like limited range in selling, so transporting goods is necessary (and often involves many people because it's not always safe...piracy, etc.) Some more interesting twists, such as how the parts to build something might often sell for more than the finished product (fungible resources, valuable to anyone who builds, finished product valuable to a more limited market).

However, I don't know how any of that translates into a masters thesis. Maybe Yvaelle does.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2014-02-08 at 07:52 PM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.