View Poll Results: Would you pay $10 for a boosted profession?

Voters
291. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

112 38.49%
  • No

179 61.51%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    If they're going to have boosted 90's, then might as well be able to buy professions a'la carte.

Whenever I level a toon I don't start leveling a profession till I'm at max level. I'm sure alot of others are like that too. Would you pay say... $10 per boosted profession? To be honest, I can't see Blizz NOT implementing this soon.
    This would be pretty close to pay to win in my books and I would hate blizzard for it

Quote Originally Posted by Musty View Post
    This would be pretty close to pay to win in my books and I would hate blizzard for it
    How is this pay to win? If you're 90 most professions take maybe 10K gold and less than a day to level. If some sucker wants to shell out money for a profession boost let them.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Now that we know that it will cost $60 to buy a level 90, I would say the price should actually be increased to $15 to level a profession instead of the original $10 when I started this thread.

I would absolutely not buy it. I make profession alts for a reason (because I don't want to spend in game or real money on it when I don't have to!)

<3 Kuragalolz for the signature and avatar

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    No, not even for $5.

For one, I have all the professions at max.

For two, leveling a profession takes a lot less time than leveling a fresh character. It does require some gold investment, but I would rather part with my gold than my time.

The only advantage like this would be if somehow I ended up in a raid without a sharder, and I could just pay someone $10 to swap professions as a solution.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Yeah, you know what I would do? I would get the extra slots from PRE-Ordering Diablo 3 expansion.

After that I would follow these steps.
    . Step 1 - Buy 13? level 90s. Take my money Blizzard.
    . Step 2 - Buy 2x Proffesions for every 13 character - Each with Alchemy and a other proffesion with a craftable daily. So that's 26 Proffesion buys.
    . Step 3 - All dat gold at first day of a expansion.
    . Step 4 - Buy transmog all the companions and transmogs.
    . Goal - Watch all them tears from people crying how buying 90s and boosted proffesion is "cheating/pay2win".

Ahh dat face I would make..

I SUPPORT YOU BLIZZARD, TAKE MY CREDIT CARD IT'S YOURS
    Step 5 - You get bored of the expansion and quit within 2 months..

Damn that face I would make.
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R - PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 - CPU: i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz - CPU Cooler: Zulaman CNPS10X Performa with 2 coolers -Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H - Memory: 2x Corsair 4 GB DDR3 - GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X - Monitor 1: Asus VE247H- Monitor 2: Acer X243W
    PlayStation 4 Username: Blattardos - games: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

I'd pay $20 for one and $40 for both provided even if I switch professions, the next profession is instantly boosted to 600, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I am the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    Only one faction receiving something completely new? Absolutely not going to happen, the QQ is so massive it will break the QQ Pillar in the Elemental Plane of QQ and unleash Kiukiuwing, the Aspect of QQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Nah, I usually spend 10k to buy the "profession kit 1-600" and level it in 2 hours (all thoose crafts are the only thing that takes time).
    Gold sellers are selling 10k gold for $20 (or whatever the current rate is).
    Blizzard can charge $40 because gold sellers are "illegal".

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no

too expensive.

professions are too easy, and differently from levels, they don't create entry barriers. you can be level 0 at engineering, and you'll still be able to play with your max level friends if your toon is max level too.
    Yeah $10 is a lot when thats all mom gives you for allowance

Now this crosses the line since you can make gear from these things

Free levels is one thing

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    If they're going to have boosted 90's, then might as well be able to buy professions a'la carte.

Whenever I level a toon I don't start leveling a profession till I'm at max level. I'm sure alot of others are like that too. Would you pay say... $10 per boosted profession? To be honest, I can't see Blizz NOT implementing this soon.
    Why? Honestly why would you need to have that?
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.