Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

US state dept top official says 'Fuck the EU' while discussing Ukraine regime change.

Last edited by Thalian; 2014-02-07 at 05:05 AM.

ofc why the filthy US goverment not to put their tentacles in Ukraine, when there is suitable case, spreading pseudo democracy
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-02-07 at 04:20 AM.

I'm sure many Europeans would agree with the sentiment!

P.S.

The male replies: "We've got to do something to make it stick together, because you can be pretty sure that if it does start to gain altitude the Russians will be working behind the scenes to try to torpedo it."
    I love mixed metaphors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Always knew there was a good reason to not be part of the EU. Was on the anti EU side in both referendum elections and quite frankly everything we said was bad and wrong with EU have proven true so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol "planning to overthrow the Ukrainian government".

More like planning to support a popular opposition party, planning to speak with its leaders and give those leaders input about their place in a new government, and planning to work through the UN and not the EU. But hey America haters carry on.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Well nothing really too unexpected was said. The rt interview was pretty funny though. Violating a private conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Lol "planning to overthrow the Ukrainian government".

More like planning to support a popular opposition party, planning to speak with its leaders and give those leaders input about their place in a new government, and planning to work through the UN and not the EU. But hey America haters carry on.
    The US shouldn't be dictating who does, and who doesn't, go into any new government in a foreign country. Neither should Russia.

But hey, insecure Americans defending the indefensible purely because their country is doing it, carry on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The US shouldn't be dictating who does, and who doesn't, go into any new government in a foreign country. Neither should Russia.

But hey, insecure Americans defending the indefensible purely because their country is doing it, carry on.
    US diplomats discussing and giving an opinion over the phone to opposition party members is now dictating to them? Where was the talk about forcing them if they dont comply? I didnt hear it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Of course we should be. When have powerful countries ever not done this?

You know why it's done by powerful countries, transcending centuries, governments, cultures, borders and peoples? Because it's smart foreign policy. "Our man in ________" is classic foreign policy.

Besides nothing we do could top Russia buying a German Chancellor early last decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    US diplomats discussing and giving an opinion over the phone to opposition party members is now dictating to them? Where was the talk about forcing them if they dont comply? I didnt hear it.
    You didn't hear them discussing Klitschko? Listen to it again then.

Your insecurity about people criticising US policy, doesn't change that meddling in the self-determination of a sovereign country isn't acceptable practice in foreign diplomacy by the US's own standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I listened to the audio, I heard nothing to be ashamed of as an American. In the context of that conversation, a good F U to the EU is prudent.

What is VERY bad for the US, is I don't know how you can conduct foreign policy in this kind of an environment. Manning, Snowden, and now this leak, it seems like the US has lost the ability to conduct secure communications.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't hear them discussing Klitschko? Listen to it again then.

Your insecurity about people criticising US policy, doesn't change that meddling in the self-determination of a sovereign country isn't acceptable practice in foreign diplomacy by the US's own standards.
    The female speaker says that Mr Klitschko, the former heavyweight boxing world champion, should not be in any new government. "I don't think it's a good idea."

She adds: "I think Yats (Arseniy Yatseniuk) is the guy who's got the economic experience."
    Yes clearly by expressing that well reasoned opinion to another US diplomat in a private phone call it means the US is dictating who would lead a new Ukrainian government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Of course we should be. When have powerful countries ever not done this?
    The argument that "Others have done it, so why shouldn't I?" isn't one that would be acceptable from a 3 year old.

What next, "They called me rude names", or "They started it"?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes clearly by expressing that well reasoned opinion to another US diplomat in a private phone call it means the US is dictating who would lead a new Ukrainian government.
    They are determining who they are going to provide support for. Did you really miss the entire point of their conversation, or are you doing it intentionally?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    The argument that "Others have done it, so why shouldn't I?" isn't one that would be acceptable from a 3 year old.

That's how humans have settled are problems sens the dawn of are spices. I do not expect anything to change...ever.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

They are determining who they are going to provide support for. Did you really miss the entire point of their conversation, or are you doing it intentionally?
    Do you really think any diplomat dealing with Europe hasn't had a conversation with other diplomats in their country about who they will support? Does that mean every country is dictating who will lead Ukraine, or only the ones you are biased against?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you really think any diplomat dealing with Europe hasn't had a conversation with other diplomats in their country about who they will support? Does that mean every country is dictating who will lead Ukraine, or only the ones you are biased against?
    What country am I biased against?

You do realise what support means in this context, don't you? From your answers, I get the feeling that you have no idea at all, but feel free to prove me wrong.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao. They basically just said they want to support the opposition, and will be doing that through some covert means. Not only would we be helping Ukrainians gain their human rights, but we'd also be helping ourselves. Win win situation in my book!

10+ Year Old Account

You do realise what support means in this context, don't you? From your answers, I get the feeling that you have no idea at all, but feel free to prove me wrong.
    Let's see your unbiased reading of this context? Clearly if a US diplomat wants to support a potential foreign leader for having economics experience over being a boxer, the context reads, the diplomat will, "..."

Deleted

Support could mean anything. I feel like you're just assuming shit at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the evil US has reservations that a man who made a living fighting in a boxing ring knows anything about economics or politics. I'm sure your government has the same reservations.

What do you want the US to say in their private diplomatic communications, "Well, we can't really tell you what we think of this guy, because we can't comment on foreign governments," give me a break man.