Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The fuck??? Did you learn nothing about WW2? Christ, Germany thought they had to rid the world of Jews. By your logic they acted responsibly and had a right to do what they did. For heavens' sake, if you open that box of pandora, you throw 2k years of civilisation out the window. THINK before you post.
    Jesus Christ, how can you not see the irony in this post? I say how it's justified to bring down regimes that are hurting people and breaking rights, and you come up with the best possible example of a regime for which it was more than justified to bring it down. Thank you.

And ask yourself one simple question: Who is to decide what rights people deserve? You? Me? The incompetent blabfest that is the United Nations? The... omg, I have to laugh so hard now, Americans with their twisted culture? Have fun being invaded because you made a politically incorrect remark about a chick you like in the office.
    Yes, I do. You do too. We all do collectively. There's a certain standard we'll all agree to. And moral relativism can go screw itself. Just because we might not recognize the best possible action (best in a sense what is the most healthy for society and what causes the least amount of total harm) doesn't mean there isn't one.

NO, you cannot invade any country just because they're "doing it wrong". That is basically a carte blanche for waging wars. People have to figure out their leadership on their own. They have to make their own mistakes, they have to learn their own lessons and they have to come up with their own solutions.
    I'm not necessarily talking about invasions. An invasion of Ukraine wouldn't really accomplish anything right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I'm not necessarily talking about invasions. An invasion of Ukraine wouldn't really accomplish anything right now.
    Gas shortage in western europe, the militarisation of germany (to british and french levels), russian bancrupcy or chinese dependancy and a new cold war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    They have every right in the world to do as they wish with their money anywhere in the world. If that means they stop supporting the Ukraine, then so be it. When you're reliant on other people, you have to consider what would please them.
    This is complete bullshit. They DO as they please. That doesnt mean they have the right to meddle with issues that don't concern them.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my shocked face when the US got caught pulling the puppet strings of this "Revolution of the people" -------> 0_0

They've been sowing the seeds of Nationalism throughout Eastern Europe for the past 30 years.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    I bet politicians keep saying it behind closed doors all the time but untill the public hears it it's all trees in the woods. As with most of these things, the issue is elsewhere but everybody is hung up on fuck the EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If anyone here has done any "slaughtering" it's Skroesec.
    I suggest actually READING what he writes.
    You're welcome to take some of his points:

Problem in Syria is lack of intervention
    - shocking point made by someone who KNOWS and stated many times how beneficial the current situation is for his country.
    Problem in Syria is the shocking amount of intervention through logistic and intelligence support the rebels got from a bunch of countries. Without external support AND troops, the civil war wouldn't have lasted 3 years with shocking human loss.

Force in Iraq worked.
    -saying that something "worked" in Iraq is an insult to common sense and intelligence. BUT BUT THE TIRANNY OF A DICTATOR!!! compared to what's there now? Now there is zero. Only death and a 3 way civil war. The place is unstable and a training ground for extremists warriors of all sort. This isn't a solution, this is killing the patient. 20 times over.

Looking at unemployment and growth to judge economical stability
    -this is simply, I'm guessing, lack of basic knowledge on the matter. There are ways to raise both growth and employment while making your country unstable. The USA are economically unstable, as shown by what happened just a few months ago, or even back in 2008 (was it 2008?). With the collapsing of the economy, lead by a system of easy money and zero trust easily accessible 100% mortgages that wherever it was adopted, lead to a catastrophe. Ireland and Spain just to mention.

Terrorism is justified when it suits our needs
    -do I even need to comment on that? This is something the most extremist heads of al Qaeda would say.

So yes, if you think any of the statement above are correct, feel free to pick it up from him. He left anyway, after his little burst of Internet-warrior bullying.
    In the meantime i'd suggest reading posts without looking at the poster. It makes for a better analisys.
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2014-02-07 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    How about you actually read up a bit before spouting nonsense? NATO had nothing to do with my country. That is the EXACT problem here. No one helped my country.
    But NATO turned a blind eye to Croatia ethnically cleansing the krajina Serbs during Operation Storm as well. And Croatia to this day is dragging to's feet allowing the hundreds of thousands of Serbs driven out return to their homes. So NATO's non-intervention served Croat purposes in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm sure many Europeans would agree with the sentiment!
    Hell yeah.

Well in the U.S's defense the EU is crazy. In EU defense the U.S is crazy. Thats why they are friends, everyone knows best friends are crazy friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    But NATO turned a blind eye to Croatia ethnically cleansing the krajina Serbs during Operation Storm as well. And Croatia to this day is dragging to's feet allowing the hundreds of thousands of Serbs driven out return to their homes.
    It wasn't ethnic cleansing. I'm not saying atrocities didn't happen, they happen in any war, but the the majority of the local Serb population rebelled and took the area for themselves. Of course they're going to leave prior to the operation which reintegrated those areas. And of course they're going to be reluctant to come back.

And your comment that Croatia isn't allowing Serbs to return is simply absurd. 300 000 of them left during the War, of which about 200 000 left immediately prior to Operation Storm. Of the 300 000, 120 000 have returned. There's no cherry picking as to who's allowed to return and who isn't. Those who wanted to return have returned and those that didn't want to haven't. That's all there is to it.

If you need to see it, here you go. Does that really look like an exodus to you? Those people are as packed up as they possibly could be. They left voluntarily. That is Serbs leaving the Krajina, btw.

Compare that to this. That's called an exodus (of Croats from Vukovar).

Furthermore, one of the more significant issues last year was whether Vukovar, the city that was reduced to ashes by the YNA during the war (and later rebuilt), should have biscriptal signs on local government buildings, as is guaranteed by the Constitution. The Constitution says, however, that a second language on the signs can only happen if there's at least 1/3 of the population who use that language as the main language. And the whole issue pretty much ended with signs in both Croatian Latin and Serbian Cyrillic. Who the hell do you think this is for? If Croatia is allowing the very symbol of the war to be inhabited by 40% Serbs, who (although probably not personally) previously destroyed it, why would Croatia not allow Serbs to come back?

Of course in your view the Croats committed no ethnic cleansing, but being a Croat, I'll take your view the same way I would take a Serbian view of it; with a grain of salt. But the Western narrative pointing out the Serbs solely as the only ones slaughtering and ethnically cleansing was a little silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    But the Western narrative pointing out the Serbs solely as the only ones slaughtering and ethnically cleansing was a little silly.
    Again, I'm not saying they were the only ones who did it. I'm saying it wasn't a "joint criminal enterprise" (as Carla del Ponte nicely put it) from the Croatian side. I'm saying there wasn't a goal to ethnically cleanse Croatia of Serbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Well in the U.S's defense the EU is crazy. In EU defense the U.S is crazy. Thats why they are friends, everyone knows best friends are crazy friends.
    Are US people and EU people best friends? maybe, possible, why not?

Are US politicians and EU politicians best friends? 100%, for sure, as they are the same genre and represent the interests of lobbying groups.

Are people and politicians best friends? I think not.

Deleted
    The EU is one of the worst stuff that happened to my country, now it is just ruin, waste of space on the map, industry ruined, agriculture ruined, morale ruined, high unemployment, poverty, even under Austria-Hungary we were better.

Hope Ukraine will erase the miniscule % of trouble makers (loud minority is the right term perhaps).

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    And their incredibly stupid for thinking that and we need to protect ourselves from those kinds of people.

And those people around the world? They're wrong too. Fun fact about Iraq. It's population in 2003 was 26 million. Today that 32 million. Factor in deaths from the war and natural causes and that's millions of Iraqis in the past 11 years who have never good life without constant poverty, acts of terror and bloodshed by religious fanatics running free without strong government to keep them in check.
    I've fixed your fucking lies for you.

Compare http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ncidents,_2000 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...80%93June_2013. It's fucking Iraq every next line now. Well, why, thanks for the bright democratic future, our white mighty US masters, thank you very much.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2014-02-08 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I've fixed your fucking lies for you.

Compare http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ncidents,_2000 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...80%93June_2013. It's fucking Iraq every next line now. Well, why, thanks for the bright democratic future, our white mighty US masters, thank you very much.
    That guy Skroesec is US brainwashed fanboy, who would defend even if US commited genocide aganst whole world (Hitler style), let him just live in his dream world where US is "the paragon of the virtue, the noble defender of weak, poor, etc." like country, the awakening would be rude for him.

I take his posts as jokes and some of them gave me good laughs so far.

Infracted - please be respectful towards other posters
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-02-08 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatlatitla View Post
    That guy Skroesec is US brainwashed fanboy, who would defend even if US commited genocide aganst whole world (Hitler style), let him just live in his dream world where US is "the paragon of the virtue, the noble defender of weak, poor, etc." like country, the awakening would be rude for him.

I take his posts as jokes and some of them gave me good laughs so far.
    Skroesec has his faults, but being brainwashed is not one of them. I think his greatest fault is putting in so much effort in his posts, providing links, facts, and well thought out theories, and 90% of his audience isn't going to read it anyway, or simply respond to in an elementary fashion. Like you. and...your avatar is USSR flag. Dude that is so 1950s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Skroesec has his faults, but being brainwashed is not one of them. I think his greatest fault is putting in so much effort in his posts, providing links, facts, and well thought out theories, and 90% of his audience isn't going to read it anyway, or simply respond to in an elementary fashion. Like you. and...your avatar is USSR flag. Dude that is so 1950s.
    I read his whole posts (ye they are long), because of entertainment they provide. His opinion = mainstream BS I hear from TV, News etc. so nothing new, but the zeal he defends his country with and how much he believes in what he posts keeps me amused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatlatitla View Post
    I read his whole posts (ye they are long), because of entertainment they provide. His opinion = mainstream BS I hear from TV, News etc. so nothing new, but the zeal he defends his country with and how much he believes in what he posts keeps me amused.
    His posts aren't mainstream. If his posts were mainstream, Henry Kissinger would be the most popular political figure in the States. Because that is what Skroe is, hes Kissinger incarnate. I happen to be of the same school of thought.

Please though, don't pretend like youre amused, or say you find Skroe's posts entertaining because he is so stupid. I think most people see through that, you aren't really laughing. You are uncomfortable hearing about a strong US foreign policy. That isn't laughter from amusement, those are little giggles of nervousness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Would you be so kind to point out the links, facts, or well expressed theories provided by skroesec in this thread?