Hellscream Desecrate Weapon on Melee

Our 10 man raid has only a feral druid for melee. Recently Hellscream has been throwing the weapon at him instead of the ranged dps and healers. I thought he picked those targets by spec.

Is there anything that might cause him to suddenly pick the melee dps as his target.

Just to clarify, every time it happens we have had 10 people up.
    Is this where the header goes?

Deleted
    The only time we've seen this happen is when a melee is at range from Garrosh (after whirling corruption). Never happened when melee is near him.

It doesn't target based on spec. It targets based on range. His p1 hitbox is the range. You can be at the edge of his melee range in p2/3 (since his hitbox expands) and still get targeted. You need to be up in his junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    It doesn't target based on spec. It targets based on range. His p1 hitbox is the range. You can be at the edge of his melee range in p2/3 (since his hitbox expands) and still get targeted. You need to be up in his junk.

this. we had it happen in melee a few times when we first started working on him. told melee to stand on his nuts the whole time and problem disappeared

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to have at least 3 people outside of his hitbox do make it target them.

Ok, I think I know what's happening. When the druid runs out for whirling he gets tagged with it. Thanks for the info!
    Is this where the header goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    Ok, I think I know what's happening. When the druid runs out for whirling he gets tagged with it. Thanks for the info!
    Correct, as other said above, it will target anyone, regardless of spec, that is at range from him. The feral should easily be able to stay under garrosh for whirling to avoid this happening, and to do more DPS. Just have him pop a CD and it should be fine.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    The feral should easily be able to stay under garrosh for whirling to avoid this happening, and to do more DPS. Just have him pop a CD and it should be fine.
    I'm not sure how 10 mans are compared to 25 mans but in our raids the melee runs out for the empowered whirlings. If you guys do this than just make sure the melee stay where you want the weapons to drop if there is one right after a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamswow View Post
    I'm not sure how 10 mans are compared to 25 mans but in our raids the melee runs out for the empowered whirlings. If you guys do this than just make sure the melee stay where you want the weapons to drop if there is one right after a whirl.
    Either way works, whatever is easier for them. And you can have melee stay in or out regardless of raid size. This is especially true if its just one melee taking the "extra" damage from being close with strong personals up.

Anyways, whatever way works, but the feral needs to be aware of his positioning and the timer on Desecrate. There might be a slight delay between the timer and when Garrosh actually targets a player if he is doing something else. This means the feral will need to be paying attention and not start running back in until the target is confirmed.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    Either way works, whatever is easier for them. And you can have melee stay in or out regardless of raid size. This is especially true if its just one melee taking the "extra" damage from being close with strong personals up.

Anyways, whatever way works, but the feral needs to be aware of his positioning and the timer on Desecrate. There might be a slight delay between the timer and when Garrosh actually targets a player if he is doing something else. This means the feral will need to be paying attention and not start running back in until the target is confirmed.
    TBH if the druid just used feral charge to get back in then the time where he's in a problematic spot for a weapon to target him is small enough not to worry about.

Regular whirlings are pretty easy to face tank if people use personal cds/raid cds. We face tank in 10man on heroic Garrosh until it's empowered whirlwind time - then the x2melee and x2 tanks stay in - but put themselves in a square formation so their adds don't buff each other.

I mean idk what the normal numbers are off the top of my head, but I think nearly any class should be able to live through a whirlwind with a decent personal cd.. without any healing or very little. I mean you want people to have a plan for x3 of them, they are 40s apart, and you get 3minutes before the next set of 3. TBH even on heroic, with a ton of -raid- (not personal) cds up, some of those Whirlwinds just hit for around 500-600k.

EG 1.5m cd, 3m cd, 1.5m cd again. Or Cd, healthstone(plus raid cd), Cd. Nearly all classes have at least 2cds, and all raids have at least a couple mitigation cds like devotion aura/rallying cry/smoke bomb/a monk tank who can zen med/avert harm. etc.

Anyway, PS I tend to suspect healers could better organize around WW healing too in those cases. Like a Mistweaver could have x3 uplifts available on entire raid, chiburst, and a couple of spinning crane kicks and do over 3million healing in that 6seconds without using revival. Others have their tricks too.
    Last edited by Justusy; 2014-02-08 at 10:39 PM.