Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoD F&F Alpha confirmed?

on holinkas Twitter, don't know how to copy the tweet sorry ;(

https://twitter . com/holinka/status/431615101599113216

wellp, good to know i guess

It has probably been in F&F Alpha for months.

Not necessarily. Holinka is almost certainly referring to in-house testing, which they've been doing since before the expansion was even announced.

There are indications that the beta is imminent though.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

If they're doing internal testing it doesn't have to be a F&F alpha.

No doubt it, or some other form of internal, has if we're going into beta soon. Think Holinka's jump to conclusion link was just to confuse people.

I doubt it.

He could be talking of an internal beta.

He could even be talking of a tweaked Arena version. Not necessarily a WoD internal beta. Just a version of Arena with 6.0 changes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    I doubt it.

He could be talking of an internal beta.

He could even be talking of a tweaked Arena version. Not necessarily a WoD internal beta. Just a version of Arena with 6.0 changes in it.
    Thats not possible and not how their build system works. You can't rip one part of the game out and place it into a live environment.

He was playing an internal alpha/beta version of WoD.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    There are indications that the beta is imminent though.
    There are also indications that a global ice age is imminent.

Timescales are relevant, and we know
    Originally Posted by Blizzard
    "soon™"
    could mean anything from 1 week to 6 or 7 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    There are also indications that a global ice age is imminent.

Timescales are relevant, and we know
    Originally Posted by Blizzard
    "soon™"
    could mean anything from 1 week to 6 or 7 months.
    Actually, this popped up late yesterday evening, datamined on the b.net website.

Click on it to check the URL. Note, that it's on the official battle.net servers.

That's the background screen for the Warlords of Draenor account page. In previous betas, those have been datamined a couple days* before the announcement.

Which is to say, if the pattern holds, Beta tomorrow (MoP beta started on a Friday)

Credit to Meyple the image here.

*I may be wrong.
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2014-02-07 at 11:06 AM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they gotta do something soon. People are not going to be cool with another 3-4 months of SoO.

Waiting for my F&F alpha referral from the GM in my guild. Yes, it's an actual GM (he and his wife are) and not just saying it. Those alpha builds though... rough, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Actually, this popped up late yesterday evening, datamined on the b.net website.

Click on it to check the URL. Note, that it's on the official battle.net servers.

That's the background screen for the Warlords of Draenor account page. In previous betas, those have been datamined a couple days before the announcement.

Which is to say, if the pattern holds, Beta tomorrow (MoP beta started on a Friday)

Credit to Meyple the image here.
    If by 'a couple days before the announcement' you mean 'two weeks', then yes.

The MoP one was discovered March 7th, the beta started March 22nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    If by 'a couple days before the announcement' you mean 'two weeks', then yes.

The MoP one was discovered March 7th, the beta started March 22nd.
    Really, now? I've been wrong before. Still, in the grand scheme, I suppose a couple weeks is the same as a few days. I believe the Cataclysm one was like only two days, though.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Well they gotta do something soon. People are not going to be cool with another 3-4 months of SoO.
    Well too bad, even if the beta started today it would still be months of SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Well said. Its at least been 4 months months from beta to release for the expansions, and lately longer. And last raids have always lasted a longer time than other raids, we had ICC for exactly 1 year before cata came out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Seeing how the next PvP season havent started yet, and they usually last for around 5 months, we would have a WoD release in july-august.

Deleted
    I've moved this over to the WoD section

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish MMO Champ would ban the phrase F&F alpha. They havent had one in years. Theyve been going straight to beta yet people STILL keep talking about a F&F alpha

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Yes, they will. A surprisingly large amount of people have patience enough to cope without trouble. 3 or 4 months before WoD release = I'd be happy with!

- - - Updated - - -

As a response to someone saying F&F Alpha soon, he posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJMazopPwMI

I think people are being too eager.