Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Account-wide Heirlooms (When?)

I feel like there was a definite response to this from a Blue, but I've been out of touch with WoW news since early SoO. Something about mailing them to your alts with server names specified?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    When? Now.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I feel like there was a definite response to this from a Blue, but I've been out of touch with WoW news since early SoO. Something about mailing them to your alts with server names specified?
    been that way for a few months now, just need name-realm and you can send heirlooms anywhere

Yes, you mail like bob-alleria as an example. You can't send gold with the items only BOA items.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yup:

<name>-<server>

So Locruid-Dragonblight for example

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool! Thanks for the replies guys
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    does this also work cross faction?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been done. I am satisfied. If they do anything to make it less annoying with the mailing, then so be it. But otherwise, I can deal with it as is. Except when my heirlooms are on a locked server with a queue, then I get kind of pissed, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    It worked across faction on the same server before this change, so it should still work across faction for different servers
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    It most certainly does.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

even works with timeless isle boa gear. got my new pala on a fresh server almost full 496 gear in a few min after he dingen 90. because i had lots of 90 alts on other servers:P

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    even works with timeless isle boa gear. got my new pala on a fresh server almost full 496 gear in a few min after he dingen 90. because i had lots of 90 alts on other servers:P
    This is also a good way to effectively send gold between servers. Farm up Timeless gear, send it over, turn it into actual armor, sell it.

... I didn't say it was a GREAT way to send gold :P
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Does anyone know whether or not you can use the same heirloom on two different characters, once they fully implement their new account-wide heirloom system? For example, I currently have two fully upgraded Arcanite Reapers, would I be able to use both of them on my Fury alt warrior, and a third (that I don't have) one on my Death Knight alt? Or would that item be locked, until you put it back into the "system"?

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Does anyone know whether or not you can use the same heirloom on two different characters, once they fully implement their new account-wide heirloom system? For example, I currently have two fully upgraded Arcanite Reapers, would I be able to use both of them on my Fury alt warrior, and a third (that I don't have) one on my Death Knight alt? Or would that item be locked, until you put it back into the "system"?
    yes you can use them with out a problem since there not uniqe

Just wanted to add that /w <playername>-<realm> also works with tells (whispers) - at least it did work after leaving a dungeon group.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    As far as I can tell, you open the heirloom UI and then create a new copy of that specific heirloom in the inventory of that character.
    Therefore those you have on another character are not affected.
    However they will be new and unmodified, so if the mailing we have at present remains in place, then that will need to be utilised to transfer pre-enchanted heirlooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    As far as I can tell, you open the heirloom UI and then create a new copy of that specific heirloom in the inventory of that character.
    Therefore those you have on another character are not affected.
    However they will be new and unmodified, so if the mailing we have at present remains in place, then that will need to be utilised to transfer pre-enchanted heirlooms.
    That's what I thought, that's pretty cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    This is also a good way to effectively send gold between servers. Farm up Timeless gear, send it over, turn it into actual armor, sell it.

... I didn't say it was a GREAT way to send gold :P
    There is a better way: buy BoA shoulder enchants from Sons of Hodir, send them to alt and then vendor them. They vendor for something like 40% of their original value.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    There is a better way: buy BoA shoulder enchants from Sons of Hodir, send them to alt and then vendor them. They vendor for something like 40% of their original value.
    Holy shit!
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Hodir enchants cost 100g and sell for 25g.

I find the Timless Isle gear is more sensible as it is effectively free from doing shizzle there.

Depends on how tight you are (I am half Scottish/half Yorkshire so yes, tight as a nun's chuff!).