Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It doesn't matter how you word it, it's still appalling.

Of course I wouldn't be happy if someone burned my house down (though they'd have to travel up 17 floors to do it). I'd be furious. I'd be angry. I'd rage at the injustice - why me? What did I do to deserve to lose the things that I put my money and my life into? But I wouldn't want him dead and I definitely wouldn't want to see him burn. The thought makes me physically sick. How could anyone enjoy that?

And I don't give a fuck what the mafia used to do. We're not the mafia. We're better than that.
    I'm not putting you on the spot, but here's a better situation:

Guy commits arson on your whole building. Your mom and/or dad are in your apartment on the 17th floor. The likelihood of them escaping is almost nothing. In fact most of the people in your building are about to die. All your stuff is up there too of course.

Arsonist accidentally set himself on fire and is escaping. He can either die to fire, or you can let him escape and probably go unpunished and may commit more arson, who the fuck knows?

You'd let him escape?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm not putting you on the spot, but here's a better situation:

Guy commits arson on your whole building. Your mom and/or dad are in your apartment on the 17th floor. The likelihood of them escaping is almost nothing. In fact most of the people in your building are about to die. All your stuff is up there too of course.

Arsonist accidentally set himself on fire and is escaping. He can either die to fire, or you can let him escape and probably go unpunished and may commit more arson, who the fuck knows?

You'd let him escape?
    There are two ways I'd approach it, thinking logically as I am since this isn't actually happening:

1 - I grab him and put out the flames, and then secure him somehow. I don't know...bang him over the head and knock him out or chain him to something until the authorities arrive

2 - I leave him and try to rescue my family.

The difference is that I'm not gleefully clapping my hands and saying "burn, criminal scum, burn".

Deleted
    First thought's.
    "Stupid fucking manc"

After seeing that he was trying to set light to a vehicle recovery truck.
    "Dumb fucking manc, A Scouser would have got the job done with no problems"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Greenbean View Post
    Hey Darsithis, this is MMO-Champion. You've somehow succeeded in attracting the worlds top 1000+ psychopaths. I'm surprised you're surprised.
    A normal person wouldn't go burn a vehicle, more so if the fire could (and did) get to a house where a family was living.
    Sorry that I don't feel sorry for his burning hand, heh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    A normal person wouldn't go burn a vehicle, more so if the fire could (and did) get to a house where a family was living.
    Hey man you're misinterpreting what I wrote. I don't ask of you or anyone else to feel SORRY about the guy.
    I'm just amazed at the fact that the lot of you want to see him burn, or at least you're glad he got hurt.
    I'm willing to bet he's got severe infections, and that he's in severe pain.

Have you considered that he might've been too excited about the entire thing that he somehow blocked out the possibility of setting flames on the adjacent apartment buildings? I know I block out a lot of bad outcomes when I make mistakes. Heat of the moment (pun intended, sorta) you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey man you're misinterpreting what I wrote. I don't ask of you or anyone else to feel SORRY about the guy.
    I'm just amazed at the fact that the lot of you want to see him burn, or at least you're glad he got hurt.
    Right? I definitely want him to be punished according to the law. I'm not sorry that he hurt himself, I'm appalled at the people who are delighting in it.

Have you considered that he might've been too excited about the entire thing that he somehow blocked out the possibility of setting flames on the adjacent apartment buildings? I know I block out a lot of bad outcomes when I make mistakes. Heat of the moment (pun intended, sorta) you know.
    For what reason do you justify what he's doing? He's not a homeless man who needs bread to live, he's setting something on fire, where there are very dire consequences besides any good logical reason for doing it. Collecting insurance money (if that's what you think was the reason for his actions) isn't a good reason.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think him setting fire to himself and dying would be well deserved considering the crime. I'd rather say: Darwin. If the stupid get themselves killed doing stupid things, let them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I get what you're saying but there's a big difference in saying someone's not normal/a moron and wishing death upon them.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only place he had left to burn

10+ Year Old Account
    For what reason do you justify what he's doing? He's not a homeless man who needs bread to live, he's setting something on fire, where there are very dire consequences besides any good logical reason for doing it. Collecting insurance money (if that's what you think was the reason for his actions) isn't a good reason.
    No one is. I don't think anyone here is saying "good for him! Burn it down!"

Instant Karma.

Currently Playing: Eldevin

10+ Year Old Account
    His arrogance was his undoing. This is not a meme btw. I'm being serious.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No one is. I don't think anyone here is saying "good for him! Burn it down!"
    No. I think Real Greenbean somehow thinks there's some reason the guy committed the arson, as he implies when he says the guy didn't consider that people might get hurt. But I personally don't see what that reason could be. In my eyes he's just some unforgivable criminal who's either very very selfish* or he's just a psychopath. Prove me wrong.

*Not selfish in the way people like to make money, selfish in the way where people try to get things for themselves at the expense of others through illegal and immoral means.

15+ Year Old Account
    do I emphasize with them? no. but I would never wish a burning death on the guy. Let justice be done on him by the system in place. besides harsher punishments tend to cause criminals to escalate to murder in order to avoid leaving witnesses.

Im going to jump on the "shame he didn't burn to death" train here. He would have deserved it. To the people saying it isn't a violent crime against people or whatever other nonsense defending this waste of oxygen, they clearly need to educate themselves on the dangers of fire spreading and causing loss of life. Fire is almost chaotic, in a non controlled environment it can and will easily spread causing serious risk to life.

Oh and before anyone else spouts about burning being a horrible experience, I reckon I know better than 99% of the people on this forum that it is, thats why I dont go round risking peoples lives by being reckless with fire.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

10+ Year Old Account

I don't want to see anyone burn. I'm just glad he got... backfired (pun intended). Maybe he really got severe infections and pain; next time he will think twice before setting things on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I get what you're saying but there's a big difference in saying someone's not normal/a moron and wishing death upon them.
    See above!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    Im going to jump on the "shame he didn't burn to death" train here. He would have deserved it. To the people saying it isn't a violent crime against people or whatever other nonsense defending this waste of oxygen, they clearly need to educate themselves on the dangers of fire spreading and causing loss of life. Fire is almost chaotic, in a non controlled environment it can and will easily spread causing serious risk to life.

Oh and before anyone else spouts about burning being a horrible experience, I reckon I know better than 99% of the people on this forum that it is, thats why I dont go round risking peoples lives by being reckless with fire.
    I love this mentality "Set a fire somewhere? YOU SHOULD BURN TO DEATH FOR IT!". Whatever happened to rehabilitation?

No. I think Real Greenbean somehow thinks there's some reason the guy committed the arson, as he implies when he says the guy didn't consider that people might get hurt. But I personally don't see what that reason could be. In my eyes he's just some unforgivable criminal who's either very very selfish* or he's just a psychopath. Prove me wrong.

*Not selfish in the way people like to make money, selfish in the way where people try to get things for themselves at the expense of others through illegal and immoral means.
    There is a reason for everything. He could be setting a fire to collect insurance. There are quite a few people do this, and some actually kill people in the process. Some people just want to destroy society. He might be crazy thinking the vehicle is a devil and he has to burn it while it sleeps. Who knows what he was thinking.

How does listing reasons why he did it mean that somehow we sympathize with the criminal?

Stop putting words in The Real Greenbean's mouth.

I love this mentality "Set a fire somewhere? YOU SHOULD BURN TO DEATH FOR IT!". Whatever happened to rehabilitation?
    Someone set a fire once, I nearly burned to death for it and I didnt even do anything wrong. I may be biased on the subject, but I still think my point is valid.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"