Poll: Will you miss your flying mounts in first patch of WoD?

Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you going to miss your flying mounts for 1 patch?

So though all of leveling though WoD, we won't get to use our flying mounts for one whole patch, needing to wait next patch to be able to use them.

I don't have a big issue with this, but one thing I realized is how all the work I put into getting some flying mounts, many of them I won't get to use on draenor for several months. Sure I could just go back to azeroth and fly around with them there, but who really wants to spend time in old content when theres new content to do?

Are some so attached to there mounts that being prevented from using them in new content a big deal to them?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Au contraire,
    I have plenty of fancy ground mounts I rarely get to use.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Au contraire,
    I have plenty of fancy ground mounts I rarely get to use.
    Same here. I particularly liked the Isle of Thunder for the dailies and the ground only mounts.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll decide how much I miss them when I see how many mountains the new area has.

Doesn't really bother me... I think when they introduced flying mounts it was a huge mistake and removed a level of immersion from the game. They can't backtrack and remove them from the entire game now, but not having them available in the expansion is probably a good thing from a 'get the players back in the story' type of way.

My ALTS will miss flying, for sure, though. But I guess if they have some solid flight paths and/or alternative, set ways of transportation then it will work out ok.

Ill miss mine like the desert misses the rain

Yes and no. I'll enjoy my ground mounts that i love that hardly get use now.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes plain and simple

Briefly. But it means I get to use my ground mounts more often.

Chances are my Garrison is going to be as close to the raid entrances as possible, though. So Gorgrond, I believe?

Been playing other MMOs where flying mounts do not exist, so it wont bother me

I'm in the group of people that thinks flying mounts weren't good for WoW, so no. It definitely speeds up leveling, but I don't have a problem roaming on my ground mounts!

I won't really care. Good chance to dust off the old Stormpike Battle Charger, if nothing else.

I'll be happy when I get my flight abilities back though.

Not as much as I miss my ground mounts currently.

The game was better overall without flying. I'd prefer it stay gone forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how the new WOD zones are designed, never had problems with other MMO's.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy convenience over the ability to experience things. If I see something that catches my eye, I'll swoop down from afar and look at it. While I'm questing and trying to level my toon from current to max level? I could care less about what the ground and surrounding areas look like. I'm on a mission to get my toon up, and I'm not worrying about something like scenery until my second or third time through.
    Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

--Auron, Final Fantasy X

10+ Year Old Account
    My Swift Horde Wolf and Rivendare's Deathcharger will finally see some love. I'm cool with this.

I don't think I will miss them very much. I like the approach they are taking with no flying - it makes the whole world a lot more interesting

Kinda miss all the the fun trying to jump up onto high places you werent supposed to get too, that was ruined when flying mounts were designed.
    I say get rid of um. Bring back the fun, puzzle jumping madness back!

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP in peace mimirons head. I will miss you. But my rbg wolf and frost wolf will keep me company
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done