Poll: Will you miss your flying mounts in first patch of WoD?

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    And this is why you are emotionally reasoning. You are not even objectively answering my post ; instead you are trying to condense a "No you" into a clever format.

Blizzard themselves already named time upon time upon the reasons for why they want to constrict flying - It's not a case of me versus you. I personally don't give a sh't for immersion in that respect - but it's objectively false to simply acclaim that there is "choise" ; when the leisure of flying is so much superior in such a way that it no longer reflects a fair choice. Which i have already covered.

Which is also why you are YET AGAIN, using emotional reaosning - just disregarding cold hard plain facts of math going "But you have choice" - It's not about having choice. It's about having a BALANCED choice. Big difference. As currently standing ; you are arguing semantics.

Flying over content removes the fact of that you are walking in a majorty of the environments - I.e, you are simply flying past it. There is no point of discussion there to discuss if it's opinion or not ; it's plain fact that you skip a majority of it. A lot of the scenery can simply be skipped with the flying ; there of, immersion being depleted.

So, really - Bring actual arguments instead of veiled "no u's", please.
    My simple response to this is where in the game or in life in general does it say all choices have to be equal? I hardly ever in my life get choices that are completely equal in ever regard. Maybe you do but that is unusual to me.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I still doubt flying mounts will be removed after hitting 100. If it does get removed, it will be very short lived.

I have no issues with not being able to fly for the first patch of WoD. Quest on the ground, run dungeons, and raid. None of that really needs flying. To be honest, I don't find myself flying around a ton anyways, so there is no real impact to me.

Now, if I enjoyed farming....maybe I would be a bit more bummed. But even then - it's only one patch. You blink, and it'll be over.

I guess you must be oblivious to how many are just sitting in SW doing nothing, then going "there is no content for me to do". Wouldn't have this issue if you have to travel and do stuff in the world. But hey, i suppose that's lost on you.
    The people who don't have anything to do now are that way because the stuff to do out in the world doesn't interest them. Making the stuff out in the world take longer to do won't magically make them want to do the content they already don't want to do.

So you're just making up scapegoats now ; instead of any actual data or facts. That's cool. Not that i am gonna stoop to that level.
    If you want to ignore the fact that TBC and WoTLK had the best population numbers and call it some kind of farce, go ahead. However the truth is the highest pop numbers were during those times. It wasn't until cataclysm and MoP till numbers took a nose dive.

It wasn't flying that caused that plummet in sub numbers. IT was poor development and story. WOW has many problems and flying ain't it.

But hey, if you believe TBC and Wrath was so glorious because of flying, suit yourself.
    Well, those expansions had better story, content made around flying and all in all better content. IF you don't want to believe that so be it. You'd still be wrong and population numbers pretty much proves that. 12 millions subs down to what now, 6.2 million. Hefty losses and flying wasn't the reason why.

It's not about lesser means of travel. It's about more means of immersion and less promotion of lazy.
    Yes, so lets remove the immersion of flying and ground everyone cause blizzard wants to design less area to play in. No thanks. Now I know whose being lazy and it's not gamers.

You simply believe it's bad ; doesn't make it bad. Especially since you have biased motives.
    Well lets see. In the realm of good things for the game. Flying was the single most request game mechanic addition from vanilla to TBC I have ever seen and only seconded by the ability to have a secondary spec. Flying was added and with the combination of good story and content in the next 2 expansions we say sub numbers that reached 12 million. I'd say thats a good thing and flying helped the game.

On the bad side, when story and content development too ka dive where how to development less yet make more money started and corners were cut, WOW too a dive in subs for multiple reason. Thats bad and guess what, I bet you could count on one hand how many left WOW cause people could fly.

I guess you must be oblivious to how many are just sitting in SW doing nothing, then going "there is no content for me to do".
    When you finish the leveling, finish dungeons and complete the raids - pretty much everything is rinse repeat or some grind. Removing flying sin;t going to stop that mentality. IF that was the case there would be no teleport to dungeons or raids and we would walk everywhere.

In the evolution of travel, it;s a rather moronic development move to remove it and then just hand it back making any reason you removed it to start with pointless. Removing flying for one patch is a poor excuse blizzard handed out so they could design less play area for you and charge you the same amount.

Wouldn't have this issue if you have to travel and do stuff in the world. But hey, i suppose that's lost on you.
    Yes you would. Gamers will still complete leveling content as fast as possible to reach max level and get to end game where blizzard wants people to be and they still be in SW with whatever, waiting for their queue to pop and removing flying for a limited time in no way solves that mentality.

The only thing lost to me is how so few people could possibly want to run on the ground especially if they were ever in vanilla.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-02-12 at 04:41 AM.

Meh, it's not going to be a game breaker for me. It's a nice change anyway for us to use more ground mounts and enjoy the new areas.

Yes but I have many amazing mounts which count as a flying and a ground mount.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'll miss them, but it's nothing to worry about. At least I'll have more time to explore nooks and crannies of Alternate Draenor. The new screenshots look great, so I can't wait to go to those zones!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Nope won't be missing them for 1 patch. I like the idea of questing/exploring around on my ground mount.

The maps are just way too big for the Speed of ground Mounts.
    If those were faster i had no Problem, but going from Speed 310 to 100 is hilarious for the distances you have to travel.

Finally got my Frostwyrm mount from ICC (shame it took so long. I had that meta achieve nearly complete DURING ICC but got lazy aftwarwards XD). I'll miss it but I will also enjoy giving my 4 (and in some cases 2...or wheeled) legged friends some attention again.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I'm wondering, since inevitably there will be a raiding meta achievement for the first raid tier, will the flying mount it rewards be even worth it, seeing as how you may not be able to ride it for several months (if they don't make it a scaling ground/flying mount)?

Anyways, I'll miss riding mine. I sunk a lot of hours into farming for all of them (I have 134 mounts), and I'll be sad that I'm unable to use my favorite ones (Corrupted Firehawk, Cloud Serpents, Netherdrakes, etc.). I guess I'll end up just using my new Dread Raven for some time. What will piss me off the most though is the inevitable "Ordos Charger"-type mobs they'll scatter around for the sheer purpose of being extremely obnoxious. That and the increased daze chance they ninja-placed in Mists will be the bane of my love for exploration.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Deleted
    No, actually I'm happy to use my ground mounts more often! I really like them and get to use them rarely (besides on the isle or while leveling). I can't decide which one to use, though
    It's good to leave the winged ones at my very own new stable and put the saddle back on my beloved hawkstriders.

i'll definitely miss flying. Being able to skip a large area of mobs to get that node? huge plus when your trying to lvl up a profession and are already crunched for time

Deleted
    I doubt it. I'll be taking my time with my main char then start working on the twinks. I'm pretty sure, by the time I got 2 or 3 up to 100 (i like taking my time) the patch will be out anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chishikaru View Post
    Nope won't be missing them for 1 patch. I like the idea of questing/exploring around on my ground mount.
    Since you could never really fly till max level, you were already on the ground for questing and exploring as you wanted.

Now your going to be grounded for an additional 3-4 months past max level for no better reason that cause blizzard wanted to make smaller regions so that you got the illusion of a large area when riding on the ground.

Makes me miss flying even more now that I think about it.

we will have a chance to flaunt our ground mounts for a while like on timless isle or on isle of thunder.. so i think its not a biggie

Not really, I'll get used to it quickly.

I've spent most of my time recently inside instances, on the timeless isle or on alts anyway, so I'm used to no flying.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

will be sad to see all my chars riding the water skimmer for a full 2-3months hopefully 6.1 will come a month in or so.
    tho gameplay wise it's not a big bother for me, they just need to make all mounts have water walking

I'm going to enjoy experiencing the first three months of WoD without flight mounts.