Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

WW monk raid utility

Any suggestions how they could give us some utility? I

My idea would be a statue of the white tiger: 45 sec cooldown, lasts 10 seconds. Increases damage done by everyone within 40 yards by 5%.

10+ Year Old Account
    5% for 10 secs on 45s cd would be a massive boost, wouldn't it?

It would also make ww required for raiding.

Deleted
    Hmm, maybe make it 2min cd?

15+ Year Old Account
    Increased damage for 10 seconds would be a bit too powerful. Providing a secondary stats for 10 seconds (similar to Crit Banner from Warriors) would be more ideal. Such as either Mastery or Multistrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Increased damage for 10 seconds would be a bit too powerful. Providing a secondary stats for 10 seconds (similar to Crit Banner from Warriors) would be more ideal. Such as either Mastery or Multistrike.
    Yeah, it definitely needs to be something that exists, but only one class has. Less balancing issues and it keeps classes from being required.

A clone of healthstone, stormlash totem, or crit banner would be nice.

Deleted
    They could just give WW Revival to keep with their "Healing" utility theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    They could just give WW Revival to keep with their "Healing" utility theme.
    honestly they should just do this. that's it. just give baseline revival to everyone, change/remove avert harm, and call it good

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we need much more utility. Being able to cheese the conveyor belts on Blackfuse or switch to BrM and kite Dark Shaman and Garrosh without any real tank gear is reasonable utility for me. We are hard as sin to kill and can redirect damage we take back at the target, as well as the most mobile toon besides FoF. I haven't found a situation where I've thought "wow, I could really use something else to do here".
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Changing specs =/= utility

WW statue could be the same as skull banner, that seems like a viable idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I don't think we need much more utility. Being able to cheese the conveyor belts on Blackfuse or switch to BrM and kite Dark Shaman and Garrosh without any real tank gear is reasonable utility for me. We are hard as sin to kill and can redirect damage we take back at the target, as well as the most mobile toon besides FoF. I haven't found a situation where I've thought "wow, I could really use something else to do here".
    Being able to kite Oozes in Shamans and Empowered Shas on Garrosh isn't windwalker utility it is Brewmaster utility. Saying that changing spec gives WINDWALKERS utility is like saying rerolling to Rogue gives Windwalkers utility. The discussion here isn't if Monks need more utility it is about Windwalkers.

That being said, you mentioned Siegecrafter belts which isn't even remotely a good topic point here since that's 1 out of 14 fights and not to mention hunters and rogues can accomplish this as well if not better due to smoke cloud reducing Overload damage. Monks may have good selfheals to prevent that but regardless Rogues have dozens of CDs.

I mean in comparison let's look at what other "hybrids" bring to the table. Every fight Paladins can Devo Aura, Hand of Sacrifice, and Bubble to ignore raid mechanics and let's not talk about the fact they can offheal better than us with LoH, Flash Heal, and have some interesting tools at their disposal (Hand of Purity, that one that stops them from being slowed that I can't remember), not to mention Rets do decent damage right now all things considered and if we really want to put single raid encounters in the mix Hand of Protection is borderline broken on fights like Thok due to Deafening Screech.

Boomkins and Ferals sit in a nice spot with Restro Druids being the best or at least second best healers in the game right now not to mention they have Stampeding Roar, Symbiosis, HotW/Natures Vigil heals, there's a few other things I'm sure but I'm too lazy to list them.

Regardless, I was fairly unconcerned with raid utility during the first months of Siege because it really didn't matter as nothing was going to change but I did make a post here and there about it but now that we are definitely nearing WoD Beta within the next 2 months it's time to once again start voicing concern to Blizzard about what's going on and what we want changed.

Two things clearly need to happen: Windwalkers get utility, or everyone else's gets put down into the ground. It seems odd that we're pretty much the only spec in the entire game that doesn't do anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyy View Post
    Being able to kite Oozes in Shamans and Empowered Shas on Garrosh isn't windwalker utility it is Brewmaster utility. Saying that changing spec gives WINDWALKERS utility is like saying rerolling to Rogue gives Windwalkers utility.
    No it isn't. A class that can take multiple roles has much more utility than a class than can only do one. If Rogues had a tanking spec I'd still be playing one. But yeah, WW could use something - imo Revival would be best. WW is just one spec of one class, giving them some unique must-have is completely over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavvy View Post
    No it isn't. A class that can take multiple roles has much more utility than a class than can only do one. If Rogues had a tanking spec I'd still be playing one. But yeah, WW could use something - imo Revival would be best. WW is just one spec of one class, giving them some unique must-have is completely over the top.
    You're missing my point completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavvy View Post
    No it isn't. A class that can take multiple roles has much more utility than a class than can only do one. .
    He listed off other hybrids. Rets utility isnt tied to rerolling Prot, its tied to being Ret. Their utility is Hand of Sac and Devo Aura, not being able to tank. A Enhance Shamans utility is tied to playing Enhance, not its ability to reroll Resto, or a Balance Druid to Resto.

If simply being able to go tank or healer qualified was all the raid utility a spec needed, then all of the other hybrids should be gutted in terms of raid cooldowns.

Which honestly, I would prefer. Having to make Spreadsheets for certain fights due to their abundance is ridiculous.

BrM has all of the utility WW needs locked behind a spec wall (and I'm not talking about Avert Harm).

Shield generation on random raid members for doing X DPS is like VE or AG but spread across a long time, like Ysera's Gift. A ranged spammable AoE slow would be great if Stance of the Sturdy Ox could just function like DK presences. DKs have Chillblains and Blood Presence and Warriors have Mocking Banner, this wouldn't be any different. Those two additions would be fine if World of Cooldowncraft was toned down and the massive amount of raid CDs were thinned out because not everyone would be expected to have one anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember someone mentioning an idea for WW similar to locks, instead of health stone that give you health its a brew that gives you health. Its small and minor but currently locks are the only class that has anything like that and Monks would be able to fit that nitch nicely. Id like to see WW get a CD for a Xuen statue, but I agree it has to be something that's already in game or maybe a increase speed like druids have.

Give them Revival that scales off AP. Also a +10% Mastery(additive) for 10 seconds CD wouldn't hurt.

give them smoke bomb in a revamped sen med that keeps statue play/thought in mind also give them lust/hero or healthstones

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyy View Post
    honestly they should just do this. that's it. just give baseline revival to everyone, change/remove avert harm, and call it good
    They are talking about getting rid of all healing/defensive raidcooldowns provided by DPS/Tanks for WoD; you're proposing giving us a very damn strong instant raidwide heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    They are talking about getting rid of all healing/defensive raidcooldowns provided by DPS/Tanks for WoD; you're proposing giving us a very damn strong instant raidwide heal.
    Revival is a better mass dispel than it is a healing cooldown. In fact, it's pretty much complete shit for healing.

That being said, I made the point of saying that either they give us a cooldown, or they start removing others. It makes absolutely no sense that Windwalkers are the ONLY spec in the game that lacks ANY sort of raid utility aside from Chi Wave heals and Tiger's Lust. We were shafted completely in comparison to other DPS specs who were GIVEN cooldowns this expac (rogues, smoke cloud)

ok, i read this thread last night and then Went to bed, and i came up with 2 ideas, i really havent thought alot about them but something that u might be able to work from.

Ability 1:
    Last wind: something like 1 min CD, useable on Dead players, makes them a pulsating beacon that heals all around them for xx for 10 sec
    Dono, something to use when u have used the CR or something.

Ability 2:
    Tuch of awsomness: Lower resours drain by xx% for 10 sec. ( cast it on a healer to make him able to spam big heals for 10 sec, or on a rogue/warrior for some increased burst and so on...
    Powerfull i guess, but can be adjusted by the xx%