Issues with my Razer Mamba in Wireless Mode

Hey all,

I recently bought a Razer Mamba and it feels great to use. However I have random disconnect issues with it in wireless mode and I was wondering if any of you have the same experience or can help in giving some advice.

So basically the issue I have is the mouse will randomly die on me halfway through a game. This mostly happens with STEAM games (dota 2 / l4d2) or when Im using my wireless headset (that uses a 2.4ghz receiver as well).

I can use the mouse fine for hrs playing WoW and seldom get a hiccup, but when I play steam games or use my wireless headset (Creative WoW Soundblaster). It seems to lock up quite frequently and I have to unplug the dock and reconnect it after awhile to get the mouse working in wireless mode again.

As you can probably tell, this is annoying and causes many deaths / grief when playing games.

At first I thought it was maybe cos I plugged the dock (receiver) into a USB 3.0 port and I read that there are issues with wireless devices and USB 3.0 ports because of the noise and interference with the 2.4ghz bandwidth. My wireless headset used to die on me too when I had the receiver plugged into a USB 3.0 port but ever since I plugged the receiver into a USB 2.0 Port I have had no trouble with it.

So I tried plugging my Dock into a USB 2.0 Port as well but I am still getting lockups on wireless mode. I pretty much love everything about the Razer Mamba except for the lockups in wireless mode and I do not want to have to play with it being plugged in direct (thats the whole point of buying a Razer Mamba over a deathadder anyway! WIRELESS MODE!).

Anyone with any insights ?

anyone got a clue ?

The same thing happened to me when I plugged my mouse and keyboard into USB 3.0 but was fixed when I moved it as far away from any 3.0 slots as possible, so idk what to say about yours. If you're playing videogames, especially of the FPS genre, idk why you'd want wireless anyways, wired is more responsive and precise.

Try reducing the polling rate and/or try updating the firmware on it. I seem to recall mine was doing the same thing at one point.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Try reducing the polling rate and/or try updating the firmware on it. I seem to recall mine was doing the same thing at one point.
    ok trying the reduce polling rate method. How do I check the current firmware version on the mouse ? I just bought it about a month ago direct from the razer store, not sure if the firmware is up to date on their supplies.

- - - Updated - - -

update : Reduced polling rate from 1000 -> 500 and it seems to last longer playing DOTA 2 before locking up. Might try 125 polling rate next ?

also updated the mouse and dock firmware to the latest 1.04(?). if anyone knows of a new update please let me know
    Last edited by noobj; 2014-02-10 at 03:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noobj View Post
    also updated the mouse and dock firmware to the latest 1.04(?). if anyone knows of a new update please let me know
    Never used razer products so I don't have first-hand experience with their products, but is this the firmware you need?

http://drivers.razersupport.com/inde...loaditemid=224
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Never used razer products so I don't have first-hand experience with their products, but is this the firmware you need?

http://drivers.razersupport.com/inde...loaditemid=224
    i think thats for the old razer mamba.. mines the razer mamba 2012 4G edition. and my driver is 2.04.

still having the disconnect issues in wireless mode, although less frequent now that im at 500 polling rate instead of 1000. want to try 125 polling rate to see if it fixes it but i can feel abit of lag when i use only 125 polling

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

changing the polling rate to 125 seems to be working out fine for me so far... no hangups in wireless mode for the past 5 hrs 45 mins

sucks that I cant make use of the 500 / 1000 polling rates for faster response but thats something I can live with since I dont play FPS games that much

will update if I experience any other lockups in wireless mode on 125 polling rate

definitely working fine at 125 hz polling rate but gets disconnections abt 30-45 mins in 500hz-1000hz in wireless mode.

sent in a msg to the razer support team, waiting for their reply...

Thread almost a year old but I have same problem and this was top search on google... hoping OP will see this and comment... I play both steam games and LoL and it happens in both. I dont have any usb 3.0 ports and I also have g930 headset which is 2.4 ghz some days it will work fine all day other I have to unplug dock wait... then plug it back in to reconnect. I contacted support they told me to update firmware and gave me a dead link... so I searched for the latest one which worked with mouse but not the dock.. after explaining this to support they then told me "sorry there actually isnt any firmware for the mamba 2012 dock" and now they want me to ship it back.. so if OP found a fix please let me know thanks.

hey, i believe the issue is with the usb port drivers.. i recently changed laptops and it came with windows 8.1 which didnt need usb drivers to be installed, Ive been using my razer mamba flawlessly on wireless since then.

Are you running on win 7 or older by any chance ?
    Last edited by noobj; 2014-11-02 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Well. If support cant help you this is mean you should not buy products from them.
    First tho - always make sure that your OS is updated and you are running updated drivers/software for the product.
    Myself I`m running win7 and I use Logitech products including G700, G930, G13, and few other devices. Never had an issue.

I have windows 8 cant update to 8.1 because I dont have "a compatible cpu with integrated security features" I have the core2duo E8400. I saw someone said they reduced polling rate from 1k to 500 I tried this and its been allot better, allot less DC. but it will still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverOOM View Post
    I have windows 8 cant update to 8.1 because I dont have "a compatible cpu with integrated security features" I have the core2duo E8400. I saw someone said they reduced polling rate from 1k to 500 I tried this and its been allot better, allot less DC. but it will still do it.
    are you using it on usb 2.0 or 3.0 port ?

Try a different port from what you are using, I remember having problems on other wireless products before but switching to a different port worked out for me

2.0 dont have any 3.0 ports