Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you get offended if someone not of your sexuality called you hot?

Not making this a thing focused on a persons sexuality, its more how people react to it when someone who they are not sexually attracted to (straight guys from gay guys, straight girls from gay girls, gay girls from men, gay guys from women) feels when someone who they would not sleep with or be attracted to in that way tells you your hot or advances on you, how do you take it?

I have had a couple of women in the past (in my early-mid 20s) say something like that, but I just smiled and thanked them, theres only been once where a girl has tried a little more, to which I told her I'm not of that persuasion, which settled things quite quick, I still offered her a drink though.

I don't take any offense to it, infact I take it as a compliment a girl would, kind of cheered me up back then. I don't see any wrong with it. I have myself told a few guys I know to be straight they look hot, and from that they didn't take offense, least not from what I caught from them, so didn't seem a big deal.
    #boycottchina

As long as they can take no for an answer, nope, not in the slightest.

Deleted
    I've been told i'm good looking by other guys, which makes me blush like a 10 year old school girl; But since i'm Bi, i'm cool with it.

Just, i'm very picky on whom i'd date with men.

More so than i would with wimmin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just thank em and move on, I guess. They go a bit further than that, inform em.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always found it complementary when a gay man complimented me. Why would it be offensive?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Hey. A compliment is a compliment.

Not at all, never met a straight guy to get offended by it either. They say thanks but not that way. Only think the people that actually get offended by it are highschoolers and really insecure dudes. Only because from experience growing up they thought it was calling them gay or something along those lines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Hey. A compliment is a compliment.
    Indeed it is, thank you grandma, i know i'm good looking.

hehehehhehee

Deleted
    Of course not. Why would I get offended by it?
    Getting told that you look 'hot' doesn't mean that you automatically have to enter a relationship with that person...or any other form of intercourse.

It's only annoying or rude when said gay person knows who they're hitting on is straight. Same goes for straight people doing it to gay people that they don't know.

Basically, it's awkward, and the few times it's happened to me, it was abundantly clear that I was straight. They got an appropriate "please get away from me".
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I find it a bit off putting but not upsetting.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, I'd feel better. As long as he doesn't try to rape me.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    I am always getting hit on by women, some refuse to believe I am gay and I am not always sure how to take it, the whole "you don't act gay" is like a compliment and insult rolled into one.

Deleted
    I often receive compliments from men, but it has never offended me. I'm flattered.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been told by women many times that I'm handsome, etc. Unfortunately many gay men have standards not based in reality (for the average person) so I've been pretty much single most of my life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    It's only annoying or rude when said gay person knows who they're hitting on is straight. Same goes for straight people doing it to gay people that they don't know.

Basically, it's awkward, and the few times it's happened to me, it was abundantly clear that I was straight. They got an appropriate "please get away from me".
    Saying you're hot isn't the same as hitting on you though. They can tell you you're hot without being disrespectful of your sexuality. If they then proceed to ask you out or try to make out with you or something, that's disrespectful, but a compliment never is.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Not really, I just say "thanks bro" or something like that. One of my friends is gay and he called me handsome more than once, sometimes I return the favor... As long as they know I'm not interested in them that way, no harm is done really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I am always getting hit on by women, some refuse to believe I am gay and I am not always sure how to take it, the whole "you don't act gay" is like a compliment and insult rolled into one.
    You're gay?

"Yes"

Why aren't you wearing pink lipstick and blusher?

"Motherfuc-"

Deleted
    Not at all, I'd be flattered. I had a friend who took it badly when a gay guy made a pass on him though. He became very hostile and insecure about himself. Kept asking me *Do I really look gay? Is that why that guy made a pass on me? Do I look obviously homosexual?* I had a fucking blast that evening, was hilarious. xD

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Offended no. Might take me off guard a bit, but I wouldn't be offended.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.