Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    there have been countless suggestions which have all been ignored by Blizzard . . . but well we'll get Ashran in WoD

Huh, and here I thought world pvp died because one side greatly outnumbered the other and the smaller side giving up and transferring off server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    they should make pvp gear and pve gear have the same item level.

heroic gear=same item level as 2200+ pvp gear.
    normal raid gear=same as current season conquest gear
    flex=previous seasons honor gear
    lfr=crafted gear
    Wasn't it like that in Cata, sort of?

I remember doing PvP because some PvP pieces were way better than PvE :|

I find it funny that people want the gear to be the same ilvl. The reason they arent is because pvpers were complainning they were getting stomped by heroic raiders. So now you want the opposite true, that pvpers can go and do heroic raids in the same gear?
    There they need to be kept seperate so it doesnt cross over to much adventagiously.
    Last edited by yajinni; 2014-02-11 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yajinni View Post
    I find it funny that people want the gear to be the same ilvl. The reason they arent is because pvpers were complainning they were getting stomped by heroic raiders. So now you want the opposite true, that pvpers can go and do heroic raids in the same gear?
    There they need to be kept seperate so it doesnt cross over to much adventurously.
    You don't need the PvP gear to be equal to PvE gear, since PvP gear has PvP Power stats. You need there to not be a 50 item level difference though.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You don't need the PvP gear to be equal to PvE gear, since PvP gear has PvP Power stats. You need there to not be a 50 item level difference though.
    This expansion they kept it around lfr/flex lvls i think? PvP gear that is. That should be good enough.
    And my comment was directed to those calling for them to be the same. It seems you dont mind there being a dif.

Quote Originally Posted by yajinni View Post
    This expansion they kept it around lfr/flex lvls i think? PvP gear that is. That should be good enough.
    Grievous was 522, LFR was 528. And with the whole Warforged/Thunderforged and Flexible tier added, the difference between LFR and say 50% warforged Heroic (with rest regular heroic) is simply staggering compared to the past.

So do the proper incentives. I agree with you sort of. No more of this bullshit "no flying" (so nobody wants to plod to enemy town) or "get people out in the world" crap when nobody actually wants that WPvP and are just crying the catchphrase "we want WPvP back!!!"

Give faction bonuses for defending and attacking cities. Make the attacks require smaller groups but a bit of planning, also make defense something people want to do instead of something people "have" to do.

I'm really tired of sheep repeating "bring world PvP back!!!" without realize that in reality, they probably don't want world PvP back or realize what world PvP actually entails.
    WPvP can be fun if done right. what people are asking would cause it to suck
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    WPvP can be fun if done right. what people are asking would cause it to suck
    Indeed.

It doesn't work if it is laid out, if its giving rewards.
    It developed on its own without those.
    Completely ignoring what made it in the first place is NOT going to give you the same again.
    You can't recreate an experience when you screw around with the incentives, because you completely change the reason why people are there.

People really need to stop this insistence that it needs rewards.
    If you can't do it without rewards, then you shouldn't be doing it.
    There is instanced PvP for that.

Outdoor PvP shouldn't be something you encourage with rewards, for it is inherently imbalanced with the open nature of it.
    If you want rewards, then it has to be closed off in some way. It has to be controlled.
    Like Tol Barad, Wintergrasp or any instanced battleground.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

They need to keep forcing it on people that don't want none.

That usually works well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dishourable kills, PvP specs, remove PvP gear, add dynamic kill orders (like with OQ) for random enemy NPC's or enemy players with certain professions/titles/mounts/etc.

They don't need to force it, they just need to encourage it by creating scenarios where it's possible to happen spontaneously.

Deleted
    I think the only problem is that even if you want prepare for World Pvp....you cant do much to have the edge on the battle. What can you do?

-Pop a flask
    -bring one potion
    -have the engineering profession

And that's it :C
    I wanted so much to be able to prepare in he city with 10 different potions/ gadgets/ trinkets/ traps and go have my fun in the world

Some people find crazy items that can give you advantage. I saw some rogue in a video with some item that transformed him in a statue immune to damage. From Timeless Isle I think. But its very rare.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-02-12 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Indeed.

It doesn't work if it is laid out, if its giving rewards.
    It developed on its own without those.
    Completely ignoring what made it in the first place is NOT going to give you the same again.
    You can't recreate an experience when you screw around with the incentives, because you completely change the reason why people are there.

People really need to stop this insistence that it needs rewards.
    If you can't do it without rewards, then you shouldn't be doing it.
    There is instanced PvP for that.

Outdoor PvP shouldn't be something you encourage with rewards, for it is inherently imbalanced with the open nature of it.
    If you want rewards, then it has to be closed off in some way. It has to be controlled.
    Like Tol Barad, Wintergrasp or any instanced battleground.
    I agree and disagree.

You're right, it shouldn't be required to go out and do it, but if you add an optional wPvP objective, you can expect at least one person to go out and do it. Regardless of how you look at it, more wPvP will happen that way, no matter how small it may seem.

And people should be doing it for fun, but what happens when that fun is no longer possible due to a shift in the average players' mindset? As someone pointed out, players seem to be more interested in rewards these days than just doing something for fun. Look at the Isle for example. The Isle was ( and still is on some realms) a major PvP hotspot especially compared to other areas. Why? Because it has rewards. Those rewards work both ways: It draws people in who would normally avoid the wPvP and it gives the people who enjoy wPvP more fun due to not only the possibility of larger scale fights, but also many more targets. The latter even gets a reward as a bonus.

If Blizzard added a daily / weekly quest that was: "Kill Faction Leader X" and made it so it gave decent honor, wPvP would be at least a tiny bit more common than it is now. Anything helps at this point.
    Last edited by Lime; 2014-02-13 at 07:04 AM. Reason: a few typos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    they should make pvp gear and pve gear have the same item level.

heroic gear=same item level as 2200+ pvp gear.
    normal raid gear=same as current season conquest gear
    flex=previous seasons honor gear
    lfr=crafted gear
    Sure, if they removed pvp power from items.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    There shouldn't be 2200 pvp gear with better stats.

ever.
    Yes there should. Ilvl suppression in competitive instanced PvP makes sure it isn't an issue where it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Blizzard needs to give players an incentive to participate in world pvp, it's as simple as that. HK's aren't enough for players to organize anything meaningful. We can all sit here and come up with ideas (some good) but in the end, if it's not as rewarding as RBGs or arenas, more than likely nothing will ever strike the required spark.

Quote Originally Posted by orioxez View Post
    They already know what to do to make world pvp happen again and theyre doing it in the first patch of WoD.
    What? a much bigger area with an "on going" battle that's a CRZ? It's essentially WG/TB, without the time constraints. Just need to take a look how our open pvp areas are now, even with the change to make them both level 90, they're empty and don't hold any interest to players anymore -- even on high populated pvp focused realms. The only thing that the new zone will have going for it is CRZ, and as time goes on, it'll slowly die out with fewer people participating. Blizzard needs to keep the zone current with every season and offer the same rewards as RBG's and arenas to hold mass interest, otherwise there will be no incentive to keep players out of instanced pvp.

People talk like "World PvP" is some sort of goal or achievement.

How many people actually want World PvP?
    I sure don't, it was annoying in Classic and in BC. Leveling up in the town that was always under attack was annoying. Plus the massive lag that came along with it. Having to run to another town that was at your level range was a pain too. I like encounters in the world where you can kill fellow players, but my goodness logging on when the quest hub you're at is under attack? Not fun.
    I didn't raid (young age, school, typical thing) so the next thing for me was to level up the characters I wanted to 60 instead.

I don't see how meaningful world PVP would be encouraged if faction leaders gave loot. All it would accomplish is faction leaders being constantly camped and farmed, similar to how world bosses are now. World PVP would remain unchanged because there would likely emerge a complacency where the defending factions never actually defends anything, just lets the enemy team in there to do their thing and leave, since it wouldn't actually negatively impact anyone or anything. Max level characters (the only ones that are actually relevant in world PvP) that are hanging out in their own cities, are usually doing so because they don't want to partake in combat content at that very moment, so I don't really believe that they would suddenly mobilize to tackle an enemy raid group that is only there for loot and isn't threatening them personally.

I look at the current state of world PVP, and how toxic it is, and how so much of it is relying on someone deriving fun by depriving someone else of theirs. Dark Portal/Outland/Hyjal are very clear examples of this. Quite frankly, World PvP thrived back then, because the game was still new. People were less bored, populations were much lower, and things like griefing, while still absolutely existing, took place to a lesser magnitude than they do today. That's not something that will be fixed by some patch notes, unless those patch notes function to actually restrict world PvP, which might actually be called for at this point. It's an aspect of the game that's very difficult to view favorably as it stands today, and the people who wish to revitalize it, are hoping to relive the game as it was 8 years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could maybe see getting conquest from killing the leaders.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose