Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lol I love when threads like this pop up on these forums. Its like girls are some mystical creature that needs to be handled with care and charisma.

blizzard has this button that reverses the screen and lets them look at who's playing

in all seriousness. gender doesnt matter a damn. it is not the primary, secondary or tertiary concern for any reason or matter in gaming.

I respond based on the character's gender. I don't use WoW as a dating service and I am not creeped out by the idea of talking to a female character as a female when its player is male. If the player doesn't want to, at least at times, be referred to in female or male pronouns then the player shouldn't play a character who's gender encourages the use of female or male pronouns.

This bites both ways too. One lady in my guild was playing a male character in another guild and had a female player who was playing a female char try to start a relationship with her, who then got offended when she found out the male char was played by a woman.

If people weren't hung up on the idea that the other people in the game were sources of potential romance when they have no idea where that person lives, what they person's personality is or what they even looking like this wouldn't be an issue at all. Just let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I think it even matters...but calling them "bro" or "man" and hoping they'll tell you they're female won't always work even if they are.

Most of the time someone says something like that to me, I care so little that I just won't correct them at all. If they want to think I'm male, they can go right ahead. Often it saves me from some sort of awkwardness coming afterwards anyways.

If it's someone in my guild, they'll find out eventually anyways through voice chat.

I normally don't care. If I really wanted to know, I'd just ask straight out rather than drop hints or bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go ahead and ask, I'm going to let you guess since I'm super androgynous anyway. I'm a guy, but I can sound more girly than any woman I know, and if I put eyeliner on I usually get hit on by other dudes. It's kind of fun being androgynous.

You flirt with them. If they respond. It's a guy.

No matter what people say, World of Warcraft is a video game, so the people behind the characters don't matter. There will be some people that insist World of Warcraft is all about social interaction, but they're wrong, considering Blizzard caters to only people who play it as a video game, since we're the majority. So, to answer your question, you don't question who is behind the character, because it doesn't matter.

It's beyond me why anyone even CARES what gender a character is, and how that may or may not relate to the physical body behind the keyboard. Why? Seriously, why? WoW isn't where singles go for hookups. Some manage it, but that's not what WoW is about.

Females play WoW. Homosexuals play WoW. Trans play WoW. Old people, young people, physically disabled people, lots of different people play WoW. Whether you're interested in banging what's between their legs should not change how you're treating another player. It's really creepy that so many people are that obsessed with the sex of other players.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    It's beyond me why anyone even CARES what gender a character is, and how that may or may not relate to the physical body behind the keyboard. Why? Seriously, why? WoW isn't where singles go for hookups. Some manage it, but that's not what WoW is about.

Females play WoW. Homosexuals play WoW. Trans play WoW. Old people, young people, physically disabled people, lots of different people play WoW. Whether you're interested in banging what's between their legs should not change how you're treating another player. It's really creepy that so many people are that obsessed with the sex of other players.
    It's a very deep issue mostly males have today. Which media capitalizes on so easily. All you have to do is make believe that to be a man you must buy product x. Same with females, but it's more directed at males, and they actually buy it, because they need to be told what a "man" is. This runs deep and suddenly the great voyage for manhood casts away any feminine qualities it might see others have. When the real manly thing to do is to understand that every man has a feminine quality to himself as well. Some more than others obviously, but some men resist this as I've stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    You flirt with them. If they respond. It's a guy.
    That wouldn't produce correct results with me. I would not, and have not in the past, return the /flirt and I am a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I type something "thanks bro" or "thanks man" and hope they say "Umm i'm a girl!".
    Why do you hope that...? What on earth do you do after finding out.. nvm, don't want to know.

Deleted
    male or female I couldn't care less, why would you need to know?

And the worst thread of year award goes to.........

Why does it matter...? If people pull their weight and don't act like dickheads/try to scam something, I don't give a damn if they have a penis or vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    And the worst thread of year award goes to.........
    Yeah..

Keep it classy MMO-C.

10+ Year Old Account
    type /gender
    That usually gets it. If that doesnt work. then consider it not important enough in a video game to know the gender of people playing a character

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a female toon, and I just say "I"m gay", and make them all wonder. I mean it's true, but they don't know if I'm a lesbian or a homosexual. Hahaha.

Unless they play female character AND Druid/Priest, assume it's male.

If I ever met a female player who played warrior I think I would have a legit crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Unless they play female character AND Druid/Priest, assume it's male.

If I ever met a female player who played warrior I think I would have a legit crush.
    Once again, a failure of a method. Going by the players in my guild that would falsely ID many women as men and some men as women, including some women who play Warriors or Death Knights.

The best route is just to not worry about it and treat the person by the character's gender. If they don't like it they really shouldn't have rolled an opposite gender character.