Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    someone posting a potentially funny picture.............clearly something to be outraged about.........
    the whole message of the olympics is to treat everyone with the same equal respect. But what we've seen of russias current climate, that olympic ideal is a farce.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    the whole message of the olympics is to treat everyone with the same equal respect. But what we've seen of russias current climate, that olympic ideal is a farce.
    Hey at least nothing blew up on the first 2 days. So it's got that going for it so far.

that and the IOC dude using the word "tolerance" like 40 times in his speech.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

someone posting a potentially funny picture.............clearly something to be outraged about.........
    What's funny about it again?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    the whole message of the olympics is to treat everyone with the same equal respect.
    if your job was to curb-stomp racism you will have a job till the universe explodes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isuckatpvp View Post
    I giggled a little
    Either cause of the picture or it reminded me of a Dave Chapp. clip
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Lol I found that pic quite humorous. Just because a black man appears to be in the photo, doesn't automatically make it racist. If there was some white guy in the photo making the same face? Suddenly its not racist? Give me a break.

I giggled a little
    Either cause of the picture or it reminded me of a Dave Chapp. clip

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roia View Post
    Lol I found that pic quite humorous. Just because a black man appears to be in the photo, doesn't automatically make it racist. If there was some white guy in the photo making the same face? Suddenly its not racist? Give me a break.
    Pretty sure it's the banana and not the person in it.

I mean, if you can't see the obviousness of it, you're either being intentionally obtuse or you're just clueless.

The banana's presence and the fact that they are black, complete coincidence?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Clearly the photo was just using the banana for scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    That's Mrs Obama

After carefull consideration It would seem you are correct, it is Mrs Obama, But not a flattering shot of her.
    Banana for scale.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    The banana's presence and the fact that they are a famous couple, complete coincidence?

I think people forget that Humans are Ape's.

Any 'Racist' that thinks its funny to relate a Banana to black people being apes is a moron that doesn't even know what their own species is.

The banana's presence and the fact that they are a famous couple, complete coincidence?
    Famous couples have always struggled against the archaic notion that they are monkeys?

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    IDK about any one else but I'm white and that banana looks damn tasty... Id look at it the same way.
    Bananas are a miracle! Of course it looks tasty!

Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    This thread is now about banana's ?

But why a banana? If it's just for the famous couple thing then why not something else? A person would have to be stupid not to make the connection that this could/would be taken as racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    5 Seconds on Google found about 150 images of GW Bush as a monkey, about the same amount for Obama, about half that number of Bill Clinton (Probably because the internet was a lot younger/smaller then), and political cartoons of Bush I, Reagan, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Hoover, TR, Lincoln, and John Adams as monkeys. Seems pretty traditional to me, and not really racist. You can find similar results replacing monkeys with snakes, pigs, or vultures. Now I was unable to find a single cartoon published in a major newspaper depicting Obama as a monkey, because a lot of people would see it as racist, but it doesn't necessarily mean it was meant that way (Although again, it very well might have been meant to be racist, I just don't think we can assume it was)

Stop with this pc bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Stop with this pc bullshit...
    lets not turn this into a pc vs console debate sir
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Ok, perhaps my racism senses are week, but what is the racist part of this? I see the banana, and I guess the implication is that they are monkeys? It seem a lot more racist if the subject wasn't an important political figure that gets made fun of all the time, the same picture with George Bush would have been funny, with Obama it is racist? I mean granted if it was an otherwise unknown black man it would have been very racist, since the message would be "Black people are monkeys" but in this case it was "Obama is a monkey", which isn't racist per se.

Or maybe I am missing something and it was racist, I just didn't see it in the article.
    I agree. I thought the theory was that we all came from monkeys . Ooo ooooo ahhhh ahhhhh! I know I sure do.

Currently Playing: Eldevin

I don't see how thats raciest... he does look like a monkey in that picture. Within the context of just the tweet its just a joke, honestly black people don't really look like a monkey.

Im chinese and in general i see more chinese who look like monkies.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    But why a banana? If it's just for the famous couple thing then why not something else? A person would have to be stupid not to make the connection that this could/would be taken as racism.
    I was unable to find a established name for this, so I shall codify the following Phenomina as Thekri's First Law ™: As the number of years a US Presidents in office approaches 8, the number of items that have not appeared in the same image as him approaches 0.

Related is Thekri's Second Law ™: As the number of objects that have appeared in an image with the US President approaches 0, the probability that someone will not take offense to a given pairing also approaches 0.