Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

flubbidy floobidy

--------------
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-06-21 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, they seems like an awful place to be in. I wouldn't even bother trying to fix that, considering you've been trying for so long I would just transfer to a better guild instead of wasting my time and causing frustration to everyone, especially yourself. But, if you are set on staying then maybe you could have a meeting before raid starts and talk things over? Or try talking to the GM?

Deleted
    You seem to have the right mindset. I would leave the guild if I were you. It's really hard to teach logic to people and you'd be better off to find a new guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe just leave the guild?

There's not really much you can do here I think. I only see two possible options:
    -Stay with the guild and put up with all this.

-Or leave and find a better and more experienced guild. From what you said, you sound like a good player and not afraid to offer advice on how to improve, so I am sure most guilds would love to have someone like you join their team.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

--------------------
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-12-23 at 12:59 AM.

Deleted
    I will tell them: I will leave for these reasons (post this link) and because i think we can kill more bosses doing things right. If you think these things dont need to be changed sorry im not your raider.

Any guilds you apply that can hear the reasons you leave this raid will recruit you instantly. I would do

Deleted
    Having not been in your guild whatsoever but taking this part

I've always been vocal in trying to explain how to make things easier (never shouted or been condescending, just saying "hey we should do x for y reason") and while they used to listen, now I can tell they've gotten pissed off and started ignoring me (literally acting like I never said anything).... so now we're in the position where they are just making every boss harder for no reason.
    Maybe they want to tackle the bosses as hard as possible? Or they simply want to use their own tactics rather than using cookie cutter tactics that everyone's using? If they're having fun where's the harm in that? (That is, if they're having fun and not all simply complaining they can't down the boss) If that isn't your cup of tea find another guild

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    To be honest, one of the biggest reasons I haven't left yet is because I'm actually quite a casual raider, and it's hard finding a decent guild that raids on an acceptable schedule.

There are several good guilds on my server that I know would take me, but they all raid like 4 hours a day, 5 days a week and are full of elitist dickholes. That's why I'd prefer to improve this guild rather than leave.
    There's plenty of 4 hour/3 days a week guilds out there that do heroics.

You're not going to change your guild. That's just fact. As a casual raider with restricted times, you also can't be picky. If there's no one on your server that doesn't have "elitist dickholes" (which is probably more of a strawman than you will let on), then you need to look off server. If you're really that confident that guilds will "take you", then you shouldn't have a problem finding a guild if you broaden your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Some examples of the kind of thing they do all the time:

• Killing Klaxxi Paragons in the hardest possible combination (Hisek left alive so long he starts 1-shotting people for example).
    • Nobody picks up buffs from Klaxxi bosses.
    • Having half the DPS spam AOE on Garrosh P1 adds that would just die to Iron Stars (total waste of dps).
    • Pushing Garrosh phase transitions when there are loads of adds up and Ignoring Desecrated Weapons.
    • Nuking P2/P3 adds on top of eachother - and tank AOE'ng and healing himself as they spawn so all the adds agro and stack on him.
    • Nuking heroic Dark Shaman at the pull so they put Iron Totems down while the wolves are still alive (tombs everywhere, extra prisons).
    • Pushing Thok into green/poison phase when his HP was low enough to go straight to red/fire and kill it (unnecessary dots, takes longer to kill, extra chase phase).
    • Having the raid focus on extra adds when Nazgrim is under 10% HP (ends up like 3 more waves when we could just kill the boss instead).
    • Generally ignoring anything that would make our lives easier and just doing the opposite instead.
    Do you raid LFR? That's more or less exactly how it's done in LFR.

Does your raid leader know you're not raiding LFR?
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2014-02-08 at 04:20 AM.

Some people just doesn't want to listen. It's not rude to leave a guild if you're not happy with how things are going. If you play a very important role example main tank, just give them a heads up about leaving so they can start to look for a new player to fill the slot. If the raid leader is any smart he should ask you why you want to leave after coming with a statement like that.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Awareness is a curse.

You can't help but see flaws in the world around you because of your experience. You, my friend, will now and forever more be an exile wherever you go.

The raid leader seems like the biggest issue. The raid won't be going for strategies that aren't dictated by the raid leader, and if the raid leader A) doesn't understand strategies and B) totally ignores 100% sound suggestions without giving their reasoning, then things aren't going anywhere fast. He's the one who has to change.

We're only 5/12 heroic ourselves, but we only raid 2 days a week and have a great raid leader who listens to all input and says "okay, X is working, Y isn't working, and we need to change Z". It makes the experience much less frustrating.

Deleted
    ouch that sounds very wrong if you really want to stick with them you have to take it 1 boss at a time and show them how it makes it easier, but if things still go down guess no one cares

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The question is: Is it working out how they do it? If so, just keep your advice to yourself. Keep them for times of progress, when tactics are made. Don´t take it personally but I hate new members (or randoms), who think to pour their knowledge into a pool of well-adjusted teams.
    Don´t get me wrong, I don´t doubt the helpfulness of your advice. Nor do I doubt your awareness. But unless you already feel like a full member and not like a long-time trial anymore, just let guilds do it their way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    The question is: Is it working out how they do it? If so, just keep your advice to yourself. Keep them for times of progress, when tactics are made. Don´t take it personally but I hate new members (or randoms), who think to pour their knowledge into a pool of well-adjusted teams.
    Don´t get me wrong, I don´t doubt the helpfulness of your advice. Nor do I doubt your awareness. But unless you already feel like a full member and not like a long-time trial anymore, just let guilds do it their way.
    Surely 5-6 months of raiding is enough to be entitled to drop some opinions.

That's rough.. I say you should leave and go someplace where your efforts will be appreciated. Just a random question, are you ally or horde? My guild is recruiting

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Surely 5-6 months of raiding is enough to be entitled to drop some opinions.
    Well that´s maybe true. I come from a guild, in which feeling entitled to anything is not seen with gratitude. I actually like that, cause it creates a very clear line of hierarchy. But that´s my opinion and may not even be the best way.

OP, it´s like with everything in the world: If you don´t feel comfy, change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

As mentioned above, the raid is going to follow the raid lead over an officer. That's how raids work. So you have three options, try to talk to the raid lead directly to use better strategies, try to take the role yourself, or find another guild.

By the sounds of it despite being officer you aren't too tied to your guild socially. So I'd probably look elsewhere. There's lots of casual teams that would have more progression. My team only does 3h, 3x a week (new team/raiders in Nov, and 6h/week until Jan) and we're 5/14H. Surely there's many more experienced teams that are farther in, that also have light schedules.