Deleted

Thok 10m HC - Without essential classes

So, our guild just started progressing on Thok, and I'd like to say that so far it goes fairly well getting the boss to 8% in just under 2 hours of progression.
    However we do not have a paladin in our raid, nor do we have a warlock.

It feels like those two classes are the most important for a successfull kill, due to bubbles and auras from the paladin in the stack phase, and portals and healthstones in the kiting phase.

I unfortionatly don't have any logs from Thok since the guy who usually logs sat out on that boss, but I would like to hear how you deal with Thok without either a paladin or warlock, or both.

We usually managed 20-23 stacks in stack phase (mostly due to not beeing able to use tranquility and such) and about 10-12 stacks in kiting phase.
    Our healers are a r-Druid, r-Shaman and a h/d-Priest

Deleted
    If you can, try to save resto shaman CDs to 20+ stacks, them alone with druid/priest regular healing should carry you to near 30.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our warlock is too lazy to use gateways, we have not done heroic thok with a gateway during progression or farm. Boss usually ends his kite phase right when he's about to pick his 6th fixate. I have no idea what that translates to in stacks. But yeah you can do it without a warlock if you're smart.

No paladin is rough though. Resto shaman and resto druid are really strong though, even without tranquility.

If it makes you feel better, our group just killed it last week without a pally, and we didn't use gateways in our strat. SO IT IS POSSIBLE!! About 30-some attempts for us, best of luck for you guys

We always did the boss without a pally in 10 man, tbh Tranq isn't that strong in 10 man, I never missed it. Also druid + shaman + disc is the best possible healer combination for the boss, and warlocks are not really needed (Hunters are strongest dps, and shamans great for healing CDs). A warlock is good for a gateway, but you can just send your high-mobility classes to do the kiting.

You need to spread out your healing CDs better if you fail at some point. Nature's Vigil is up for almost 10 stacks, Resto Shaman HTT can "solo" heal through 5 stacks, and Resto Shaman Ascendance is really OP. Place your raid defensive and healing CDs around that, and you should be fine.

Deleted
    No one uses our warlock's gateway, nor do we have a pala. Healthstones are useful if you find yourself low HP, no CDs, and a long way for a healer however you shouldn't really be getting into those situations. We have the same healer setup and have made it to 30 stacks since the nerf, 27ish was our highest before then I think, 27is about average now. Our CD rotation goes.

5th stack is Personals > 7/8 Druid CDs w/ my demo banner > 13/14 Shaman CDs > 19/20 Priest barrier's the middle (between the groups) and we all group, I use Rallying cry to push HP into a safe spot so we don't auto transition him > Smoke bomb straight after barrier ends. We ride it out from there.

You can bait the fixates if you think you'll need to take him another fixate or two. I think in 10 man its a random between the furthest 3 people (maybe 4), it's more well documented for 25 man. Don't forget a MS debuff when he goes into eat the NPCs, it's a fair chunk of his total HP reduced.

Our raid killed Thok the first time without having a Pally and we have the exact same healer combo as you

As a resto shaman myself I have the following talent for Thok

1. Glyphed Riptide
    2. Ancestral Guidance
    3. Unleashed Fury

I normally roll riptide on every single raider and keep HR (unleashed) down as much as I could, when the stack are high it will get a bit hard to keep your HR down as you have to start casting it as soon as the AoE interrupt goes off or you won't have enough time for it

I started rolling my CDs around the 7-8th roar, healing tide then Ancestral Guidance then Ascendance + Spiritwalker's Grace. I normally lave my spiritlink for the 2nd stacking phase when bats are out.

As far as I know the druid in our raid just keep the Efflorescence under us the whole time until blood frenzy and keep rolling rejuv on raid

DPriest usually just keep PWS on people.

We typically stop all healing at 26th and stack up but the hots on us is so strong sometimes boss wont even break after the 30th stack

For kiting, we have 2 locks but no one ever use the lock portals the only thing handy was really the lock cookies when you are kiting. We usually open the gate at 4 stacks cuz we are slow runners but we compensate by having longer stack phase.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips everyone, we just spend our second night on Thok and we got it down at about 30 pulls in total. Like most of you said healing the fights without a paladin was fine but the aura mastery would have been nice. I still think it would have been easier with another tank than a DK thou

Congrats on the kill

Deleted
    Wow, kills in 30 attempts, 8% in 2 hours! Either we really dragged our feet on this boss or the 10% screech nerf helps far more than i imagined.

Screech nerf is huge here such an easy fight now, and with the lower damage from shock blast the transitions are much smoother. We got our first kills pre-nerf and post nerf we wiped to 30 stacks QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    Wow, kills in 30 attempts, 8% in 2 hours! Either we really dragged our feet on this boss or the 10% screech nerf helps far more than i imagined.
    Our alt raid took it down in about 10 attempts (no main characters boosting, pure 10 man progressed alts).

If you don't have a warlock portal, priest feathers are a fine alternative - they are by far the strongest external speed boost ingame, and they can be used "smartly" by your raiders and put down before the kiting gets rough.

Deleted
    Yeah it's quite incredible. We had 5 times as many wipes. However they also had the ABSOLUTE PERFECT healing setup for this boss, which probably allows mistakes to be made in the cooldown rotations (and getting interrupted).

Deleted
    Boss is pretty much a joke at this point. We've always 3-healed, but last week we just stacked permanently and outhealed the damage until an Acceleration count of our choice with a MW, Hpal (not SH) and a disco. EZ lyfe EZ loots.

Even bat phase is a joke now. Use hero, have an Ele sham/enh sham/Spriest/laserchicken pop their DPS-dependent healing CD, profit.

TBH if you can get boss to 8% with your current setup, you can kill him in a few more pulls.