Thread: Stop conceding!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Forcing people that have already lost to stay is bad game design, if a player has lost you want it to be over swift and get into the next game. If your loss is dragged out to much you'd want to quit the game and do something else, Blizzard should rethink every daily that encourages dragging out the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I never said you did. I'm just trying to get you to understand why 'fun' is a bad metric.
    I don't even know what you're talking about, I'm not trying to make a metric. The comment that started it was me agreeing with a guy and saying "If one stops having fun, it's pretty much irrelevant if it's a win or lose at that point". I'm not making some big arching statement, I'm saying it's possible for a game to go so poorly that even if I get extremely lucky with some draws at the end and the guy I'm facing makes some mistakes and I pull out the win I'll still be fairly unhappy from not being competitive for the majority of the game.

That is how I am, I'm not making a metric I'm speaking for how I perceived his comment to be. That is it.

Nothing is meaningless if someone is getting enjoyment out of it.
    Is it ok for a guy to bury cats up to their heads and then go over with a lawnmower if he gets enjoyment out of it? That, what you said is a bad metric. Can you not even recognize the similarity between saying fun is a bad metric but enjoyment is a fine one? They are the same damn thing.

Because I didn't queue up so that players could concede before the game even starts?
    That is why you queue up? Odd motivation, I queued up to play a game when I do so. Some guy gets a bad draw and and doesn't want to bother? Then I'll just have to sit for 20 seconds waiting for another match not a big deal.