Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    this is just not true, there is plenty of space on this planet for double or more the current population, over population is bullshit when most of the world is wilderness still.

sure there maybe plenty of assholes and idiots but the world is nowhere near its capacity not even remotely close, sure we may even consume too much to support more, but the potential is still there the human population occupy a very small amount of the total space.

according to this older (I can't post url's so link removed) the entire worlds population in one place take up the space the size of Rhode Island so over population my ass.
    Plenty of space, yes. Nowhere near enough clean water or food though, which is what people mean by overpopulation..

but is there anything stopping that from changing, no, its simply a matter of resource management and actually doing things for the sake of doing them not because it will eventually turn a profit.

desalination, under water farming, both of these say hello. insect farming is another, i don't like the idea of munching on processed insect burgers but apparently they are packed with protein and take up very small amounts of space aswell. its the future :P
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-02-08 at 01:34 PM.

EDIT: Decided to delete my post instead...is better that way.
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2014-02-08 at 01:28 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-...cess-1.1287560

I can't even find a word for what these people are thinking. Is the world gonna fall on their heads when men and women stand side by side.? Do they even have any compassion or brain?

No one should be tolerating this.
    I agree, the world needs an alternative to oil. End diplomatic relations with authoritarian regimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    but is there anything stopping that from changing, no, its simply a matter of resource management and actually doing things for the sake of doing them not because it will eventually turn a profit.

desalination, under water farming, both of these say hello. insect farming is another, i don't like the idea of munching on processed insect burgers but apparently they are packed with protein and take up very small amounts of space aswell. its the future :P
    True, in theory Not quite hopefull people in power and wealth will devote enough resources until they are personally affected. Which might end up being too late..

As if the main story wasn't bad enough, the last paragraph

In 2002, 15 schoolgirls died in a fire in Makkah after, according to reports at the time, religious police stopped them from leaving a burning building because they were not properly dressed.

Just wow. They basically just burned 15 kids alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

However, when the ambulance arrived, the medics were not allowed to enter the college for two hours.
    Quote from the article - you are telling me that in the 2 hours they sat there waiting they couldn't have done one of 2 things:

Brought the girl to the ambulance

OR

Find a female paramedic?

The related story at the bottom of the page makes me want to burn things...

In 2002, 15 schoolgirls died in a fire in Makkah after, according to reports at the time, religious police stopped them from leaving a burning building because they were not properly dressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Hello Mr. Religiues expert. Tell me another religion that seperate men and women inn such harsh ways as the muslim faith.

Good luck and have a cool day.
    That's not Islam, that's the local government using Islam as a cover for a power-grab. The Quran holds women in high regard--one's mother is to be obeyed and honored above all save God. This is like saying the IRA and Westboro are representative of Christian values as written in the New Testament.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I am suprised they even have a women wing in their universities in Saudi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    It is not only the people barring entry that is are at fault. I mean no one thought to bring the student out to the medics.
    If they tried to give her aid with breathing and thorax compressions she cant be moved by the average joe, even if they had some eqipment which I doubt since Suadi Arabia is crap on so many levels.

It is just a lol male patriach of morons that run that country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    That's not Islam, that's the local government using Islam as a cover for a power-grab. The Quran holds women in high regard--one's mother is to be obeyed and honored above all save God. This is like saying the IRA and Westboro are representative of Christian values as written in the New Testament.
    Refusing to see the red thread of islam in effect having a profoundly negative impact on womans rights worldwide, or the catholic church's role in making child molesting utopia, or the billions of dead due to communism is just whitewash.
    One can only go so far blaming individuals and not see the inherent abuse the system give birth to before looking like a douche.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The related story at the bottom of the page makes me want to burn things...
    Like a building full of 15 schoolchildren right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Refusing to see the red thread of islam in effect having a profoundly negative impact on womans rights worldwide, or the catholic church's role in making child molesting utopia, or the billions of dead due to communism is just whitewash.
    One can only go so far blaming individuals and not see the inherent abuse the system give birth to before looking like a douche.
    Like there aren't fucked up problems with capitalism and secularism, either, right? Blaming the ideology doesn't do anything and is incorrect. The people who use the ideology to get others to do their dirty work is what's to blame. Blaming the ideology doesn't do a fucking thing, it just reinforces their beliefs by making them believe they're being persecuted.

Well there goes another educated woman in a country that needs them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Like there aren't fucked up problems with capitalism and secularism, either, right? Blaming the ideology doesn't do anything and is incorrect. The people who use the ideology to get others to do their dirty work is what's to blame. Blaming the ideology doesn't do a fucking thing, it just reinforces their beliefs by making them believe they're being persecuted.
    Of cos their are problem with those two but it is a rather weak defense to dig the heals down and say "it has nothing to do with religion, just individuals abusing it".
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when you allow religion to rule a nation. It doesn't matter what religion, it doesn't matter what nation, it doesn't matter when or where, the outcome is universally the same.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    As if the main story wasn't bad enough, the last paragraph

Just wow. They basically just burned 15 kids alive.
    Yep, and no one cares. And we just keep on hugging them and "respect their different culture". Fucking rubbish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    This is what happens when you allow religion to rule a nation. It doesn't matter what religion, it doesn't matter what nation, it doesn't matter when or where, the outcome is universally the same.
    Yes - this, precisely. Although incoming lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Blaming the system is the poor man's excuse for saying people are infallible. There is no perfect system and there are no perfect people. Expecting unrealistic outcomes is a sure-fire way to get poor results.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Not suprised.
    Arabia after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Quote from the article - you are telling me that in the 2 hours they sat there waiting they couldn't have done one of 2 things:

Brought the girl to the ambulance

OR

Find a female paramedic?
    If they could have they would have, let's not make silly assumptions. Weither it was 2 or 10 hours, the girl was dead long before.

Last time I checked you don't survive for 2 hours after a heart attack...carrying the person out was probably out of the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    If they could have they would have, let's not make silly assumptions. Weither it was 2 or 10 hours, the girl was dead long before.

Last time I checked you don't survive for 2 hours after a heart attack...carrying the person out was probably out of the question.
    It depends on the type of heart attack. And with the exception of the type that basically make your heart explode, you can survive them if you get medical help quickly.

I think it's silly because they would have had to undress her(at least to some degree) to attempt to resuscitate her.

Just, be kind.