Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    That's not Islam, that's the local government using Islam as a cover for a power-grab. The Quran holds women in high regard--one's mother is to be obeyed and honored above all save God. This is like saying the IRA and Westboro are representative of Christian values as written in the New Testament.
    This.

The pentateuch/christen bible are very harsh towards women, we just never hear about it.

Also to the person who you responded to, tell me which books these verses are from:

"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man."

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."

"The men and women of the believers are friends of one another. They command what is right and forbid what is wrong, keep up prayer and give the alms, and obey The Lord and His Messenger."

"You have rights over your wives and they have rights over you."

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    The pentateuch/christen bible are very harsh towards women, we just never hear about it.
    Could it be because they are rarely put to practise?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Could it be because they are rarely put to practise?
    they've been restrained by modern western society

Deleted
    Don't worry, they will catch up to the rest of the world in 4-500 years.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-...cess-1.1287560

I can't even find a word for what these people are thinking. Is the world gonna fall on their heads when men and women stand side by side.? Do they even have any compassion or brain?

No one should be tolerating this.
    Wait...waitwaitwaitwaitwait.... Just... wait...

Are you telling me... that a woman died... because other women... wanted to prevent a male ambulance crew from coming to help her? So the WOMEN were the reason she died and MEN wanted to help her? In Saudi Arabia?!

I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS HERE!

the main headline isnt even the worst part of this article, anyone catch this bit at the end?

"In 2002, 15 schoolgirls died in a fire in Makkah after, according to reports at the time, religious police stopped them from leaving a burning building because they were not properly dressed"

I feel bad laughing at this but cmon how brain dead do you have to be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Wait...waitwaitwaitwaitwait.... Just... wait...

Are you telling me... that a woman died... because other women... wanted to prevent a male ambulance crew from coming to help her? So the WOMEN were the reason she died and MEN wanted to help her? In Saudi Arabia?!

I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS HERE!
    *Shakes head* Women..... they can be super awesome..other times just down right cruel.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    That's not Islam, that's the local government using Islam as a cover for a power-grab. The Quran holds women in high regard--one's mother is to be obeyed and honored above all save God. This is like saying the IRA and Westboro are representative of Christian values as written in the New Testament.
    Indeed that's not Islam.

"She was not covered so the medics where not allowed in", Well she was dying, that's an exception.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Religion of Peace™
    Don't blame the religion for what the people are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    "She was not covered so the medics where not allowed in", Well she was dying, that's an exception.
    This whole women should be covered shit ain't islam either so what you talking about exceptions?

Deleted
    Just how it goes in countries like that. Luckily I live in a civilized country and don't have to witness or tolerate this in my own back garden!

Deleted
    This whole women should be covered shit ain't islam either so what you talking about exceptions?
    In Islam a woman should be covered except for face,hands and feet(Not sure about this).

In Islam a woman should be covered except for face,hands and feet(Not sure about this).
    Nope. It ain't in scripture, the followers of the religion have just made it up. This is like christians thinking christmas is in the bible.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-...cess-1.1287560

I can't even find a word for what these people are thinking. Is the world gonna fall on their heads when men and women stand side by side.? Do they even have any compassion or brain?

No one should be tolerating this.
    Tolerate we must, as well as educate. Invading a culture and trying to tell them how to behave is not the solution, we've seen how that works in the last couple of decades... It has to be a transition over generations influenced by education, especially for women. You can't change a cultures beliefs overnight, and especially not forcefully, you have to fight that toxicity with love, compassion, light, and education, not more toxicity.

Currently Playing: Eldevin

Deleted
    Nope. It ain't in scripture, the followers of the religion have just made it up. This is like christians thinking christmas is in the bible.
    We don't take all of our ways of living/rules from the Quran only, but also from our Prophet which says:

(verified sayings of the Prophet Muhammad): First, a woman’s body should be covered such that only her face, hands, and feet are revealed. Secondly, the clothing must be loose enough so that the shape of a woman’s body is not visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Hello Mr. Religiues expert. Tell me another religion that seperate men and women inn such harsh ways as the muslim faith.

Good luck and have a cool day.
    Qur'an-based Islam doesn't tell people to do crap like this. The Saudi government did.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't take all of our ways of living/rules from the Quran only, but also from our Prophet which says:

(verified sayings of the Prophet Muhammad): First, a woman’s body should be covered such that only her face, hands, and feet are revealed. Secondly, the clothing must be loose enough so that the shape of a woman’s body is not visible.
    Hadith-based Islam is a travesty of most of the Qur'an's teachings.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Deleted
    If their books are the literal word of god I will blame religion for it because they just follow the guidebook.
    But if those are not literal or man made I could give them some leeway.

It makes no difference though if people go by the exact words of somebody who speaks for god or scriipture.

Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-02-08 at 05:56 PM.

You don't have to lecture me about islam, I know it well enough. There are rules about this stuff. If it isn't mentioned in the Quran in even the slightest then the Hadith is a fabrication.

Islam is the only religion I know of at the top of my head which allows its adherents to lie to those outside the faith.

edit: Ahem, Talmudic Judaism

No, I think I'm going to, TYVM.