Deleted

Anyone else who was excited for art updates but got disappointed by slow releases?

I mean come on, they announce that after newyear new char model previews will happen in a row. we get human female, later than i thought we would. they announced that it's going to be a series of character reveals, now after x weeks of nothing we hear we're getting garrison art. All recycled buildings that are already in the game with some high res textures?

I mean come on there is still so many classes to go, is this how they tend to enlengthen the boring gap that currently exists in wow where no content is being presented and only shop items to keep us busy?

i'm just saying that i think this expansion is further away than most of you think

10+ Year Old Account
    No-win situation. The longer they wait to announce it, the less hype-hooking effect it has in terms of build-up / anticipation / word-of-mouth.

The earlier they announce it, the less they have done / ready to share and the more likely people will lose interest again.

Hey don't be that way, they still managed to announce the WoD Collectors Edition and the Iron Skyreaver being in the store

There's nothing to be disappointed at if you don't set your expectations to unreasonable levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    There's nothing to be disappointed at if you don't set your expectations to unreasonable levels.
    I think this quote right here, needs to be mounted on a plaque or written on the MMO-Champion threads page, just in the corner. Because that quote needs to be seen by everyone who hypes shit up and then throws their toys out the pram when they don't get their ideal situation.

Blizzard? Slow with updates? No no no no that's impossible.

I was disappointed for about 5 minutes, then noticed something shiny and lost myself into that. Just get something to keep you busy and the updates will turn into a delightful bonus rather than something you wait for like Christmas.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    i'm just saying that i think this expansion is further away than most of you think
    I'm pretty sure it's right where I thought it was. I have said August launch since Blizzcon. The silly people who were dumb enough to believe an April release would happen deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a Catch 22 scenario.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Not disappointed at all. Don't rush it, release it when it's ready and not a day before that.

not at all surprised or disappointed. . . .more skeptical about this garrison art to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If only people knew how to think that way.

I always go in expecting little, so I can come out feeling happier.

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    If only people knew how to think that way.

I always go in expecting little, so I can come out feeling happier.
    Heh, I do that with absolutely everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    The only artcraft stuff I'm interested in are race models. But when you say "big reveal" I tend to read it as "a few completed races with animations" not a preview of a single race/gender without animations. The artcraft for garrisons is "meh".
    Careful with those words. Apparently having that kind of mentality and rationality will dub thee a "crybaby whiner" on these forums, even though Chris promised us fireworks and handed us a sparkler.

I'm not surprised, typical xpac art stuff (which in itself is loads of work) + garrisons + new models = art department being more swamped than usual prior to an expansion release.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Hey don't be that way, they still managed to announce the WoD Collectors Edition and the Iron Skyreaver being in the store
    I laughed

Id love to see the run animations for the human female, but I fear its going to be exactly the same. Some poor woman with a rod in her back.

Deleted
    Disappointed? By what?

You want to rush towards the goal in hype, only for it to lose it's luster within seconds after you having become burned out of what you were expecting?

Savor your time. It's far more valueable then "expectations".