Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    eh I'm at the point where this doesn't even faze me /shrug.

Since Cataclysm Blizzard has been doing a lot of things I don't like and to me the quality of everything has dropped drastically. I don't want to call them lazy because the art team in Blizz has been doing a hell of a lot of work getting new character models, new art for dungeons, raids and areas as well as garrisons. So I don't blame them. I blame the incredibly inept people holding lead positions in the game. Those are the guys we should be getting mad at, they have been doing a piss poor job for a while now.
    I still don't get what's so bad that they have been doing. Please don't say it's LFR.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good decision by Blizzard not to add race specific Garrisons.

I'd rather they put that energy into real content I'll be playing for months.

Deleted
    I understand their reasoning, but I'm worried everyone's Garrisons will look the same, apart from slightly different building placements, I'd love to feel like my own race instead of borrowing everything. And if they were to design new things for all the other races as well, they could update all the old ones around the world, as well as use them for everything new, and be well worth the work, so I'd really love that. But yeah, I get that they have limited resources and need to prioritize. That said, it sends the wrong message that they pump store mounts out more and more frequently, and then coming with this (otherwise perfectly reasonable) explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I still don't get what's so bad that they have been doing. Please don't say it's LFR.
    It's a mixture of things, the raids are a lot more linear, hardly any dungeons at level cap, scenarios in my opinion are a complete waste of resources, pet battles eh, and yes the focus on LFR as a 'catch-up' mechanic. Even if they say it isn't, for a casual player that can't meet raid times its the only progression left to get into flex. Which leads me to the best thing that has come out since Wotlk which is Flex. Other than that and maybe transmogs, I don't really care much for what they have done in either MoP or Cataclysm. I've also been playing the game since classic release so age has a lot to do with it.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzada View Post
    I understand their reasoning, but I'm worried everyone's Garrisons will look the same, apart from slightly different building placements, I'd love to feel like my own race instead of borrowing everything. And if they were to design new things for all the other races as well, they could update all the old ones around the world, as well as use them for everything new, and be well worth the work, so I'd really love that. But yeah, I get that they have limited resources and need to prioritize. That said, it sends the wrong message that they pump store mounts out more and more frequently, and then coming with this (otherwise perfectly reasonable) explanation.
    Why would they bother pouring decent amounts of effort into the crowning(and only new) feature of their latest expansion? You expect effort? Time? Money? Hah!

They have a well-trained group of players that'll eat up whatever crap is given to them and smile while they eat up that crap. So, why should they put in anything more than the base requirement? It's not like Garrisons is anything more than the MoP Farmville v2.0
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Why would they bother pouring decent amounts of effort into the crowning(and only new) feature of their latest expansion? You expect effort? Time? Money? Hah!

They have a well-trained group of players that'll eat up whatever crap is given to them and smile while they eat up that crap. So, why should they put in anything more than the base requirement? It's not like Garrisons is anything more than the MoP Farmville v2.0
    Well, yes I do expect them to put in some effort, and I'm quite convinced they will. Now in regards to Garrisons, I'm sad that they wont cater to other races than humans and orcs, but that's just my opinion, and it certainly doesn't mean they won't be putting effort into it.

And yes, I'm aware they have many players who mindlessly back up everything they do, but they also have a ton of players who mindlessly bash everything they do, so I guess that evens it out. I don't really see a reason to do either tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzada View Post
    Well, yes I do expect them to put in some effort, and I'm quite convinced they will. Now in regards to Garrisons, I'm sad that they wont cater to other races than humans and orcs, but that's just my opinion, and it certainly doesn't mean they won't be putting effort into it.

And yes, I'm aware they have many players who mindlessly back up everything they do, but they also have a ton of players who mindlessly bash everything they do, so I guess that evens it out. I don't really see a reason to do either tbh.
    Cata made me loss any faith in "Wait and see" For blizzard. For a ton of reasons, I don't feel the need to give them a hint of slack after that piss poor expack. Have they done good things since? Yes. I like parts of MoP, I think it did more things right then it did wrong.

But, Garrisons are being touted as this thing we're supposed to use from 90 to 100. It's our own personal hub, our tract of land we're going to use more then the farm in MoP. And it's sounding like it's just going to be this slapdash, cubical farm.

Maybe all my time looking at Wildstar's housing is tainting me, but honestly? I expect that something they intend for us to use for the entire expack not be some half finished shit buildings like every "new" Alliance settlement since Vanilla.

IF "We don't have the manpower" is a good enough excuse for you, then fine. Personally? Every time more comes out about the garrisons, I get a little less excited for them, and that sucks.

I *Want* To be excited about it, but they keep adding these "Yeah but-"s to it and now it's just "Karasong and your farm had a drunken one night stand, and we're calling it new."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    It's a mixture of things, the raids are a lot more linear, hardly any dungeons at level cap, scenarios in my opinion are a complete waste of resources, pet battles eh, and yes the focus on LFR as a 'catch-up' mechanic. Even if they say it isn't, for a casual player that can't meet raid times its the only progression left to get into flex. Which leads me to the best thing that has come out since Wotlk which is Flex. Other than that and maybe transmogs, I don't really care much for what they have done in either MoP or Cataclysm. I've also been playing the game since classic release so age has a lot to do with it.
    Ok I got an answer that I can somewhat relate.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    They'd need to design 975 completely new, unique models to put in a full suite of buildings/upgrades for every race.

That's more buildings than BC, Cataclysm, and WotLK added combined.

So I guess they should have just hired about 40 new developers, moved them to Irvine, trained them, paid them, integrated them into their team, just to make three expansions worth of buildings and then told them to get lost, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They'd need to design 975 completely new, unique models to put in a full suite of buildings/upgrades for every race.

That's more buildings than BC, Cataclysm, and WotLK added combined.

So I guess they should have just hired about 40 new developers, moved them to Irvine, trained them, paid them, integrated them into their team, just to make three expansions worth of buildings and then told them to get lost, right?
    Yes, I'm sure that's the ONLY POSSIBLE solution to the problem. Better to just do two sets of gear and ignore the variant possibilities that could be done for each race. I mean, why not just go all out and rename the game Orcs vs Humans again?
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Yes, I'm sure that's the ONLY POSSIBLE solution to the problem. Better to just do two sets of gear and ignore the variant possibilities that could be done for each race. I mean, why not just go all out and rename the game Orcs vs Humans again?
    That's a rather absurd comparison. Having only two sets of gear makes no sense because your gear is based on your class and armor type, not your race or faction. Garrisons are obviously more inclined to be based off of your faction / race. It just happens that it takes an insane amount of resources to do every race justice.

And adding an armor set would take far less time, manpower, and money to create considering that its really just the shoulder and helm that require new models as opposed to just textures.

Deleted
    Well, all Blizzard does is smile back at you and call you compassionate.

So much for constructive critique when you don't grasp how resource management works.