Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it would be nice to run it by me first, especially since i just denied some1 else a type change.

Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post
    Thought Nelavar was thinking of choosing Electric type if he was ever defeated as Champion? o.o
    There isn't really a spot left though in the ranks of GLs, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Well it would be nice to run it by me first, especially since i just denied some1 else a type change.
    That's why I said to voice your argument if you have one. What would the problem be?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    O.o? Who else asked? :S

I fear I might've started something now. :'(

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh, the only reason i allowed the switch for KinKarasu is because half, and im not kidding , half of challengers teams usually consist of Dragon counters. All the matches have been roflstomps (no disrespect for the leader). Dragon is such a powerful type people bring a lot of counters just to get by which results in overkill. Halyon also asked me for a type change and i denied his because he hasnt been having nearly as much bad luck in his matches. I told him to wait for the next challenger, if he gets beat bad that time i told him its ok to switch. I also denied his request to (hopefully) prevent everyone from switching after I approve 1 person.

Well, thing is that I'm kind of tired of rolling with literally 6 pokemon (the only competitive fairies). They also do not carry a punch, so yeah... I've been actually debating that with myself for more than a month now. I really think I should be changing type.

Also, while I understand how you show why you would be positive or negative to a type change for specific leaders, I can't help but notice a lack of actual justification for my potential type change.

10+ Year Old Account
    What it comes down to is 3 reason right now:

1. Halyon asked first so to be fair I would ask him what type he wants first. (situational)

2. I only allowed one switch because of hard countering all the time. This doesnt apply to E4 because you only had 1 challenger and they have to account for all 4 leaders since they have fewer teamslots

3. You made a choice to go for Fairy Type. It's not much of a commitment if people could switch at a whim. I'm also slighly reluctant because we're in the middle of challenge atm. That was a requirement i set for KinKarasu that the switch was only allowed AFTER being beaten by all current challengers.

What it really boils down to is I don't want people to switch all the time because they feel like it, since i feel it detracts from making a choice in the first place.
    So its pretty much what i want vs what you want but i hope ive made some good arguements to atleast hold off on a switch untill the current challenger is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    As to Well taking Electric type if approved I have absolutely no problem with that. I would much rather reclaim my spot as Champion than do a gym anyway. It's just that I want to try and keep this league alive even more so if we should be short on gym leaders again, I would step in there with whatever type is left open, doesnt have to be electric by any stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Halyon asked first so to be fair I would ask him what type he wants first. (situational)

2. I only allowed one switch because of hard countering all the time. This doesnt apply to E4 because you only had 1 challenger and they have to account for all 4 leaders since they have fewer teamslots

3. You made a choice to go for Fairy Type. It's not much of a commitment if people could switch at a whim. I'm also slighly reluctant because we're in the middle of challenge atm. That was a requirement i set for KinKarasu that the switch was only allowed AFTER being beaten by all current challengers.

What it really boils down to is I don't want people to switch all the time because they feel like it, since i feel it detracts from making a choice in the first place.
    So its pretty much what i want vs what you want but i hope ive made some good arguements to atleast hold off on a switch untill the current challenger is done.
    Tharne is in the closing stretch of the gym challenges now though and does not yet have an E4 team set down I imagine, so it's not like he wouldn't be able to adjust for a switch in the E4.

Let me start from the end

I will of course not be changing anything until tharne ends his challenge. That goes without saying. With that out of the picture:

1. A valid concern, but not a very important one.

2 plus 3. We've had a lot of discussion with the other E4 members (namely Derpette who is sadly rather inactive), about the Fairy choice. Me picking Fairy was over what... 8 months ago? I do not think it is valid anymore. Countering is not really a valid argument, since any challenger is supposed to do that, even though I do respect the frustration caused and understand how/why the swap happened.

4. There are no switches being made all the time (if you do not count resignments and replacements). Plus, swapping when no one is challenging at the moment has no effect on practically anything.

Lastly, I honestly can't really see a valid argument against changing types after MrTharne is done with his challenge or loses to an E4 or GL. If there is one, please do say

10+ Year Old Account
    After Tharne is done im open to any changes. Also if any1 wants Dragon Type feel free to claim it I just run it as back-up

Monotype and no switching seems to make it a bit too easy for challengers to take their opponents down. Would have gave it a shot if it was with opponents switching.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can switch for the badge battle. the first battle is for recognition (its pretty much so we dont get people who dont know EV/IV etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    Monotype and no switching seems to make it a bit too easy for challengers to take their opponents down. Would have gave it a shot if it was with opponents switching.
    Against GYM leaders you have two matched. In the first one the leader can't switch. On the second oen he can. You need to beat both to get the badge.

E4 can switch always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gym leader difficulty really depends on gym type with their available secondary typings and how many counters for that you could fit into you 18 mon team really. I remember how Halyon and the Rock gym gave me quite the trouble because of the pretty solid dual typing options for Rock.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are currently following Smogon OU, do we want to continue doing this? This in light of Aegislash ban, perhaps other upcoming bans etc

Well I'd like to keep using Aegislash and Mega Mawile. Up untill now I have agreed with Smogon but now they are starting to look like they'll ban anything they can't switch into with perfect counter 100% of the time.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2014-08-01 at 02:15 AM.

We are currently following Smogon OU, do we want to continue doing this? This in light of Aegislash ban, perhaps other upcoming bans etc
    I vote to follow the rules of Smogon at the time we created the tournament. Nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is up untill the Swag/Foul Play prankster thing?

Also MrTharne, has Kuniku said he is busy or no reply whatsoever?

Also MrTharne, has Kuniku said he is busy or no reply whatsoever?
    No PM reply, last time i asked him on the main thread he had a lot of stuff going on ( 1 - 1.5 week ago i think).

Yeah, up until the ban of swagger.

Deleted
    WTB challengers, I want to test my new secret weapons.