Page 1 of 11
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Apparently banned, connected with maintenance?

    "Battle.net Error #202
    This account has been closed and is no longer available for use. Please go to www.wow-europe.com/en/misc/banned.html for further information."

    I just got this message when I tried to log in. I havn't done anything wrong except for calling this one guy an idiot yesterday in a random dungeon because he couln't tank, was half afk and casued me to die three times. Then I proceeded to call his friend an idiot too for not healing me and backing the other guy up. What, I had a bad day, ok?

    That can't be reason enough to get banned, right? >.>

    I cliked the link but it's not even working, it just redirects me to the WoW Game Guide.

    I did not recieve any email either, the only indication that I am banned is when logging in and in my account page on battle.net.

    Anyone else have this problem?

    EDIT: Just got an email, im perma banned for "gold buying". (which i didnt do)
    Well, the first 8 pages of discusion were....interesting :S
    Last edited by jabulaniman; 2014-02-20 at 05:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,420
    That's enough to get banned if they reported it and Blizzard got to it quickly enough.

    Why did you have to be so rude to them instead of helping them learn? You just brought it on yourself, really.



  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    4,250
    calling someone an idiot can get you banned? damn....
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week The Fappening; jennifer lawrence's private images leaked all over the internet?

  4. #4
    Haha are you serious, unless EU is way different then US, Ive seen people in trade chat spit out racial slurs all day long and not get so much as a suspension let alone a ban for saying "idiot"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's enough to get banned if they reported it and Blizzard got to it quickly enough.

    Why did you have to be so rude to them instead of helping them learn? You just brought it on yourself, really.
    Because I asked him nicely twice and he did nothing, do I look like a saint?

    Being "rude" by getting frustrated for dying becouse one person was lazy and imcompetent s nothing to be ashamed of.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    "Battle.net Error #202
    This account has been closed and is no longer available for use. Please go to www.wow-europe.com/en/misc/banned.html for further information."

    I just got this message when I tried to log in. I havn't done anything wrong except for calling this one guy an idiot yesterday in a random dungeon because he couln't tank, was half afk and casued me to die three times. Then I proceeded to call his friend an idiot too for not healing me and backing the other guy up. What, I had a bad day, ok?

    That can't be reason enough to get banned, right? >.>

    I cliked the link but it's not even working, it just redirects me to the WoW Game Guide.

    I did not recieve any email either, the only indication that I am banned is when logging in and in my account page on battle.net.

    Anyone else have this problem?
    No; if you act like a dick be ready to take a dick.

    Edit: Let me paraphrase it. Some people are sensitive. I've gotten a couple of bans for things I said ingame as well. Most people don't really care either way if someone goes into rage/swear mode, but some do. And Blizzard bans people that get reported on that topic.

    Now I also had runs where everyone was swearing and shitting all over eachother, be it friendly banter or serious nerdrage which have NOT made me get banned. But that doesn't mean it's not a bannable offense.
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2014-02-20 at 03:20 PM.

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,593
    If calling someone an idiot/cunt/fag was bannable I'd be banned 100x times over, usually not directly said to a player though
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's enough to get banned if they reported it and Blizzard got to it quickly enough.

    Why did you have to be so rude to them instead of helping them learn? You just brought it on yourself, really.
    You need to teach people not to be half afk now? :P

  9. #9
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    120
    Sounds like you got a 1 or 2 day ban. Try opening a ticket on battle.net and appeal your ban (is appeal the right word? :S)
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotoads
    also i vote that warriors have a 10% chance to trip while charging and roll until you hit a wall or fall off a cliff!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Davhorn View Post
    Sounds like you got a 1 or 2 day ban. Try opening a ticket on battle.net and appeal your ban (is appeal the right word? :S)
    Won't work.

    First time you get a 3 hour ban, second time you get a longer one 24-48.

    OP is hiding something if it was a ban that's longer than 3 hours. Either he went full nerdrage onto the poor guy or he has a track record of being a dick.

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,197
    You sound like a jerk. Being nice to people isn't hard.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You need to teach people not to be half afk now? :P
    Yeah, this is real life, not pony and carebear kindness-land. My reaction to him was mild compared to the things I've heard in trade and LFR. Infact, I'm usually a totally nice guy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Won't work.

    First time you get a 3 hour ban, second time you get a longer one 24-48.

    OP is hiding something if it was a ban that's longer than 3 hours. Either he went full nerdrage onto the poor guy or he has a track record of being a dick.
    Maybe it is only three hours. Like I said, I cant see any info on this ban anywhere.

  13. #13
    Over 9000! Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    9,119
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    Because I asked him nicely twice and he did nothing, do I look like a saint?

    Being "rude" by getting frustrated for dying becouse one person was lazy and imcompetent s nothing to be ashamed of.
    It's not about being a saint....it's about not being an immature dick in a GAME.

  14. #14
    As much as I'm sure we'd all like to it be sometimes, just being a jerk isn't enough to earn a ban. There may be more to the story (e.g., there's a big difference between "idiot" and "[insert favorite profanity here] idiot", or "you idiot, I'm going to come to your house and kill you"), or it could be a mistake.

    Either way, I'd suggest calling blizzard, or using the live chat on the battle.net website. Get more info, appeal the ban if relevant, and learn your lesson if it's something legit.
    Shandaren, Brewmaster/Recruitment Officer of <Might> of US-Zul'jin (14/14H, 3 days/10 hours per week).

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's enough to get banned if they reported it and Blizzard got to it quickly enough.

    Why did you have to be so rude to them instead of helping them learn? You just brought it on yourself, really.
    The problem is some idiots never actually want to learn
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    How about we wait till we're actually playing it before we go into estimating the amount of content in comparison to expansion x and how little it is and how bad it is and how feature y doesn't count because some people don't care about it and those people that like it don't count because they don't matter for some obscure reason?

  16. #16
    Over 9000! Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    9,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    As much as I'm sure we'd all like to it be sometimes, just being a jerk isn't enough to earn a ban. There may be more to the story (e.g., there's a big difference between "idiot" and "[insert favorite profanity here] idiot", or "you idiot, I'm going to come to your house and kill you"), or it could be a mistake.

    Either way, I'd suggest calling blizzard, or using the live chat on the battle.net website. Get more info, appeal the ban if relevant, and learn your lesson if it's something legit.
    I'm suspecting this is either something he has done often (and has been reported/warned before), or it was much worse than what he described here.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    You sound like a jerk. Being nice to people isn't hard.
    Hey Jesus, I want to see you having to corpse run to an instance three times in 5 minutes and paying gold for repairs because one tank did not bother to research, practice, or learn how to tank before joining an instance with other real people and wasting their time because he doesn't care, and staying polite like the queen. I would LOVE to see that. But hey, you're entitled to your opinion.

  18. #18
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    The problem is some idiots never actually want to learn
    I get that but calling them idiots isn't the answer. It aggravates the situation.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    "Battle.net Error #202
    This account has been closed and is no longer available for use. Please go to www.wow-europe.com/en/misc/banned.html for further information."

    I just got this message when I tried to log in. I havn't done anything wrong except for calling this one guy an idiot yesterday in a random dungeon because he couln't tank, was half afk and casued me to die three times. Then I proceeded to call his friend an idiot too for not healing me and backing the other guy up. What, I had a bad day, ok?

    That can't be reason enough to get banned, right? >.>

    I cliked the link but it's not even working, it just redirects me to the WoW Game Guide.

    I did not recieve any email either, the only indication that I am banned is when logging in and in my account page on battle.net.

    Anyone else have this problem?
    Did you check the spam folder i your inbox ? ...mail likely ended there.

    And it sounds like you deserved a slap ...... also if its longer then 3 hours ( the ban ) you have seen the ban hammer before ....

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,386
    That does seem abnormal for something as minor as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •