10+ Year Old Account

Why do we have such differnt views on spending money?

I think I'm not alone with this. I asking that myself for a while now.
    For example, when I'm out and hungry, I just buy something to eat without thinking about the price. Or when iam buying groceries. (thinks you dont really need, like chocolate) Let it be only 5€ but this sums up. Or when I go to the cinema with friends. etc. daily things where you don't really think about.

On the other hand, when it comes to games, I really think about it, sometimes for a few hours, watch reviews etc. Even if it is on sale in steam for 2€-15€

I mean, I played games that I bought on steam for less than 5€ for hours and a meal is gone in a few mins.

So, why do we think so much about it?

For me, I would like to think more about spending money for unnecessary food.

This were just two examples, this also count for many other things (at least in my life)

I'm curious about your opinions.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

I'm cheap all the time. I do watch what I buy when I get groceries. When I'm hungry at school though sometimes I'll splurge and buy something just cause. And that's pretty rare.

Video games, I don't do the same way as 75% of this forum. I buy the big name games and pay whatever for my console. I rarely have time to play anything else, and I don't use steam or whatever so I'm not into deals or trading.

So...

Hunger is a higher order need. So you spend less time thinking about satisfying it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow'...archy_of_needs

Deleted
    I torrent everything i'm afraid, although with the monetary situation improving i'm able to buy it legitimately.

But i prefer to torrent it, test it, see if i like it and whatnot then proceed to buy it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    People think about it because it is in short supply for some imo.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Some people just live in cultures where money is a huge thing, and they start to get brainwashed from a child into thinking that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feluna View Post
    Well it depends what you value most and what you feel you "need" urgently.
    I for example am the exact oposite of you. Even if maybe I do pay a lot for my food, I tend to stay a long time checking the quality of what I'm buying. I'm pretty much notorious because of my food-shoping and my gf hates getting groceries with me as much as I hate going clothes shoping with her.
    On the other hand, I'm pretty reluctant when buying something online, specially if it's a game.

This is because I value sports and a healthy lifestyle more than I value a videogame, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    Hunger is a higher order need. So you spend less time thinking about satisfying it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow'...archy_of_needs
    I'd wager it has something to do with that.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I would say time, interest and goals. I think the waste majority of people lack long and short term goals with their private finances. I dont consider myself cheap and I dont really lack for anything, but I spend a decent amount of efforts planing my private finances and I have time specific goals with my private finances, both long and short term goals. I save about as much in 1.5 months as the average working Swede does in a year. And no, Im not a top 10% earner, I got a pretty normal salary compared to others in my line of work, Im still a newbie.

People in general are more like King Robert and less like Little finger, they dont find "counting coppers" interesting or fun.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-02-08 at 07:20 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I am pretty cheap, including food, but not when it comes to my mineral collection. I'll easily drop hundreds of dollars on a rare mineral the size of my thumb if I don't exert some willpower.