Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    You are one of the most frequent posters on this forum, but also one of the people with the least experience this tier ( out of the "veteran" posters ).
    Please don't get upset when i , and i'm sure others think so too, just can't take some of your posts about what top players do and how top plays look like seriously.
    You have killed 10 Bosses so far, your logs aren't public anymore so you have 0 Ranks. As i recall you didn't have any before switching to private
    There can be a lot of reasons for not ranking/killing bosses, as stated previously in this thread.. Maybe the guy is a casual player? Maybe his guild just isn't very good? Etcetc.. That doesn't necessarily mean he don't know his shit.

This thread has gone off track :3
    Last edited by mmoc771d918182; 2014-02-13 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    Blah blah blah ad hominem
    It is absolutely none of your business and has absolutely nothing to do with my comment, but we're currently not doing progression because our hpally is unable to play atm. I've never been or claimed to be a hardcore player, we're an extremely casual team of baddies and I'm quite satisfied with our 10/14H without having to raid 15+ hrs, switch specs, jump guilds, etc.

Nevertheless, I lurk a lot, for the fun of it and for the lazyness of knowing beforehand what good players are doing right. You can read interviews with the actual hardcore players, check their logs, watch their streams, see their roster comps, etc. Not once have I seen them "adjusting strategy" to rank during MoP, sorry. Maybe there are good players around with the need to overcompensate for their shortcomings and rank, but I'm fairly certain they're not the standard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    if anyone is intentionally performing in raids just to throw off the world of logs ranking, that is the absolutely most ridicioulous waste of time/epeen inflating/forever alone/pathetic trash I have ever heard of.
    Pretty much this, particularly for a spec and an expansion where RNG and douchebaggery weigh more than good gameplay when ranking.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-02-13 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    Oh and sorry about the ragey remark about disc and holy not be supportive, it's not fair to those who are interested in balancing the class as a whole. I just tend to hear a lot more from the "screw the dps class, we're all about heals" group, which is unfortunately supported by the decline in Shadow Priests as a presence in PvE. Paradoxically LFR tends to have a LOT of Spriests in it... and they often do very, very well comparatively.
    Thanks Shadowy. I see some Spriests in LFR, but they are usually doing quite well. I also see that almost every other Heal Priest besides myself is Disc.

If Blizzard didn't want to buff Spriest damage to put it in line with other "pure" dps classes, then I think the right approach would be to make them the defacto utility dps again. Maybe not mana battery (OR MANA BATTERY FOR MEEEE), but even just providing a party wide haste/crit/mastery/some other really cool buff. Unfortunately, I just don't think it's going to happen in their current mindset. They have neutered so many of the hybrid buff providers in the name of homogenization. Our only hope is 20man Mythic balancing, allowing Spriest, Enh Shaman, Boomkins to provide very specific buffs to their party/group.

Or they could just fix Spriest rng/damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Not really. When progression is over most raid groups start gearing their alts or actually stop raiding until the next tier. Ranking is hardly an incentive except for people with the need to compensate for their little... dps. Serious raiders are in it for progression and for the lootz, not for ranking, because they know better than anyone that ranking involves a fair amount of RNG and douchebaggery and is actually meaningless.
    Is that your own assumption? Because the last sentence makes no sense. They know that they are better and that's why they go for ranks to show it - both kill and WoL ranks. If doesn't matter if you or I think ranks are irrelevant, different people are driven by different things.
    I've heard myself guilds talking about doing it on streams and been in guilds that had the same approach.
    So I don't know much about the guilds you've been in, but the reality is that there are a lot that are doing it like the example Surarn mentioned. Maybe you've just not encountered the ones that are partaking in such activities.

And I never said that ranking was the #1 incentive for them to raid, but since they are clearing the whole tier in 2-3 hours they might as well do it when they're at it.
    Last edited by kardacz; 2014-02-13 at 06:46 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Anyone who thinks Spriests are viable in PvE or PvP is either trolling or oblivious.
    You ruined my day, now I'm not subbing. You're breaking my heart on Valentines Day.

Shadowpriest is unplayable in high rated 3v3 arenas without druid due to worst survivability of any spec ingame.

#1 Priority for a buff for me at least.
    <inactive>

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Shadowpriest is unplayable in high rated 3v3 arenas without druid due to worst survivability of any spec ingame.

#1 Priority for a buff for me at least.
    Agreed Theed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndria View Post
    yea they are
    That 1 year necro post

Deleted
    We are dead to blizz and we will always be, its all becouse numbers ppl dont play shadow and that is all there is to it. Good Game much love No More Such disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Lolagi View Post
    We are dead to blizz and we will always be, its all becouse numbers ppl dont play shadow and that is all there is to it. Good Game much love No More Such disappointed
    People play shadow. Lots of people. That may be one of the problems. It has one of the best communities with information/support available which skews the data blizzard uses for tuning. If we could all just suck for a few months, and complain a lot, we'd be the new mage. pew pew win.