Thread: Simcraft guide

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh well. It's not a user issue. Guess I just need to wait for it to stop bugging out.

Dark please add
    UNEQUIP THOK'S TAIL TIP BEFORE OPTIMIZING
    above the AMR part.

this still won't fix people unable to use the right values (yeah I'm looking at you Sar93 but as you've finally managed to do it, please unequip thoks and press optimize again. This will result in the proper results).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Dark please add
    UNEQUIP THOK'S TAIL TIP BEFORE OPTIMIZING
    above the AMR part.

this still won't fix people unable to use the right values (yeah I'm looking at you Sar93 but as you've finally managed to do it, please unequip thoks and press optimize again. This will result in the proper results).
    Actually, I only entered the data wrong once in one field because I was in a rush. The other times I had them correct. But thank you, I'll test it without the trinket.

Edit: Do you mean simulate without the trinket or simulate with the trinket and then remove the trinket from your armoury afterwards and then optimize in amr?

Edit: Well, now that it's worked, I don't see why people go through the hassle of using simcraft. All that work to get 1% mastery. It's almost exactly the same as the default amr build. Here I was expecting some good results.
    Last edited by mmoc842017c00d; 2014-02-14 at 03:50 PM.

Remove it from AMR.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    1% mastery, when enraged 95% of the time is a lot of DPS when we are doing around 400k DPS....

Not to mention the default weights in AMR are great for your iLevel, but they become worse as you gain gear.

AMR adds another 7-9% value to mastery if the trinket is equipped? lol

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    AMR adds another 7-9% value to mastery if the trinket is equipped? lol
    I'd guess it's boosting crit as well but I'm too lazy to test it. A single value is enough to justify unequipping it before pressing optimize.

@Sar93: ARM is doing a good job choosing default weights but they aren't optimal but still close enough to be used for the lazy. Of course how you play will affect your DPS more than your reforge/gem strategy but why not do it right the first time?

Alternatively just divide the value of mastery by the value of amplification.

Example:
    Simcraft gives you 1.2 with a 8% amplification trinket
    1.2 / 1.08 = 1.111~

Plug in 1.111 into AMR's mastery value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sar93 View Post
    That's because AMR is double amping w/ thoks. Take it off before you use AMR and it'll fix itself.

(Basically AMR is increasing the amount mastery is worth by thoks amp percentage, so if it too close to crit it'll falsly value it above crit. They are aware of this "feature" and won't fix it, even when I told them they should.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sar93 View Post
    Even though the OP says to add the scale factors and the OP adds the scale factors?

So is simcraft/amr broken then? No one has been able to provide an answer yet.
    Normalized and scale factor numbers are the same thing. One is normalized to the point where strength=1 for purposes of ease and napkin math, that's all. You can use either. I just personally prefer scale factor, IDK why just how I've done it lately.

As long as the ratio betweens stats is the same, you can use any number you want honestly.

And as always, if AMR is doing something really wonky DO NOT GO THROUGH WITH IT. The devs refuse to contact knowledgeable class members, and have never responded well to criticism even when glaring mistakes exist (if they respond at all ^.^). It's decent when it works. But it isn't reliable enough to take with anything less than a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2014-02-15 at 03:32 AM.

Lot of people suggest using normalized because it fits better.
    AMR will not allow you to input a number over 9.99; so if in the example listed above, Expertise is weighted at 14.15, the highest you can set it in AMR is 9.99, which is much closer to Hit, and only around 3x more than Haste instead of near 4x.

Now 99% of the time, this wont matter, because of the large values we work with when reforging or gemming; you don't get very intricate fine tuning.

However, it very well could skew your results. Normalized weights fit perfectly fine, with no drawbacks.

Can we sticky this?

So many questions could be answered by making people read this.

https://code.google.com/p/simulation...wiki/Downloads

Download link for anyone.. I pushed out a new version yesterday.

https://code.google.com/p/simulation...tes#SimC_547-1
    Release notes, lots of warrior stuff. Mostly minor fixes, added in bladestorm as the default single target talent.

Dark, I think you should add in an explanation of reforge plots. They aren't really necessary with current Fury, but they could be in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark, I think you should add in an explanation of reforge plots. They aren't really necessary with current Fury, but they could be in the future.
    I'll try sometime soon.

More movement stuff coming:

It's a bit of an excessive movement scenario, just to test the new system... every 30 seconds the target moves 45 yards away.
    Heroic_leap_immediately runs 5 yards, then leaps the remaining distance to the target
    run_15_yds_leap will run 15 yards, and then remember it has leap, and use it.

enraged speed runs the entire 45 yards without charge/leap, but the enraged speed buff falls off on the way there.
    run_only just runs there.

The bottom 2 also use heroic leap on cooldown as a dps ability, not saving it for the movement. The top 2 literally only use heroic leap for movement.

A bit more realistic, every 120 seconds.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-03-07 at 04:59 PM.

More movement stuff coming:
    very cool stuff.

now i'll be able to wave numbers in my tanks' faces when i yell at them for USING SPEED OF LIGHT WHEN THEY REPOSITION THE BOSS JESUS WHO DOES THAT?

That's what you have Nitro Boost for.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    That's what you have Nitro Boost for.
    if only it lasted the entire duration of phase 4 garrosh

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    if only it lasted the entire duration of phase 4 garrosh
    I don't understand, your tank shouldn't be moving very often. Should only be moving three times throughout the phase.

1) On start to one side of the room, I'm usually not worried about speed here, since sometimes I have a few extra seconds to wait on trinkets anyways, all else fails Heroic Leap can get you there.
    - stationary for Malice -
    2) Move to center of room during bombardment (I use rocket boots here as its the most dangerous time to get stacked up because you got slow sticky feet and spawn a second Iron Star)
    3) Move to other side of the room during bombardment, here I use Darkflight or have no speed boost if its down for some reason; even when I don't have it, Heroic Leap to where the tank is going; easier to move in front of the boss/to its side than trail behind it, even if you do risk a couple parries (should never CS during movement phases anyways).
    *Could get a fourth movement if dps is slow, but only last couple % usually.

I understand Horde doesn't have Darkflight but even without I've never had a problem with those three simple movement phases. Each one is only a few seconds and if its really hard to keep up even with Heroic Leap, you always have charge (or intervene someone closer than you!)

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I don't understand, your tank shouldn't be moving very often. Should only be moving three times throughout the phase.

1) On start to one side of the room, I'm usually not worried about speed here, since sometimes I have a few extra seconds to wait on trinkets anyways, all else fails Heroic Leap can get you there.
    2) Move to center of room during bombardment (I use rocket boots here as its the most dangerous time to get stacked up because you got slow sticky feet and spawn a second Iron Star)
    3) Move to other side of the room during bombardment, here I use Darkflight or have no speed boost if its down for some reason; even when I don't have it, Heroic Leap to where the tank is going; easier to move in front of the boss/to its side than trail behind it, even if you do risk a couple parries (should never CS during movement phases anyways).
    *Could get a fourth movement if dps is slow, but only last couple % usually.

I understand Horde doesn't have Darkflight but even without I've never had a problem with those three simple movement phases. Each one is only a few seconds and if its really hard to keep up even with Heroic Leap, you always have charge (or intervene someone closer than you!)
    i was going to post a video but then i saw myself leaving bloodthirst off cooldown for seconds at a time and completely panicking at the end of the fight so you'll just have to take my word for it that my tanks have a habit of not worrying about melee trying to dps and just move the boss wherever it needs to go in straight lines as fast as possible.