Thread: Simcraft guide

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't think I'll ever understand this stuff.

So I did exactly what was in the tutorial and it comes out with this:

And I lose stats. -10% crit? Why is mastery so high? It's only 6.44 where crit is 6.74. It's telling me to put x2 mastery in shoulders...

Whereas the default AMR:

Last edited by mmoc842017c00d; 2014-02-14 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    AMR doesnt accept values above 9.99 except weapons, for dps at least. I bet it should be same for prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post

The image above shows what the scale factors for Prot is in the BiS Sim-C profile. Unlike Fury or Arms, prot want's to minimize damage taken, so therefor instead of showing how much said stat would increase your damage, it instead says how much said stat will reduce damage taken.

Something to keep in mind, as we are an avoidance tank now a days, our "damage range" can be quite big, which is reflected in the stat weights. For instance, in the Sim above I DTPS swing of 15.6%.
    I can't remember the exact definition of it, but TMI is a determination of how likely a tank is to die in a 6 second period. It's ok if your damage taken average goes up on average, but the amount of spikes that send you to the floor go down, and TMI is intended to help determine what is best for that.

As mentioned in those tweets that I just read, if you're already at the point where you are able to outheal the amount of damage incoming, then TMI cannot be accurately calculated as it is determined based on survival in 6 second timeframes, and if those 6 second timeframes are unable to kill you 99% of the time, then the error for TMI weights is going to be massive.

http://www.sacredduty.net/2013/07/01...metric-part-1/
    (Explains TMI)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sar93 View Post
    I don't think I'll ever understand this stuff.

So I did exactly what was in the tutorial and it comes out with this:

And I lose stats. -10% crit? Why is mastery so high? It's only 6.44 where crit is 6.74. It's telling me to put x2 mastery in shoulders...

Whereas the default AMR:

Can you post what you put in the stat weight boxes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ronocko View Post
    One thing I'm noticing about the stat weights for prot warrior is that in mine and apparently in your example aswell it puts dodge at a higher priority than parry, but given glyph of hold the line shouldn't parry always be more important? Obviously simcraft doesnt take glyphs into consideration (afaik) but then is there a point in prot warriors simcrafting for stat weights or am I misunderstanding something?
    Simcraft does take glyphs into consideration, but increasing the amount of damage that revenge does, will not reduce the amount of incoming damage taken per second.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-02-14 at 11:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Can you post what you put in the stat weight boxes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post

Simcraft does take glyphs into consideration, but increasing the amount of damage that revenge does, will not reduce the amount of incoming damage taken per second.
    oh ofcourse, so I guess my question would be, is the amount of avoidance gained by better balancing parry and dodge DR's more beneficial than balls to the wall parry rating for higher uptime of 50% inc revenge? I'm asking in general rather than on a boss by boss case I see a lot of high end prot warriors stacking insane parry and not so much dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by ronocko View Post
    oh ofcourse, so I guess my question would be, is the amount of avoidance gained by better balancing parry and dodge DR's more beneficial than balls to the wall parry rating for higher uptime of 50% inc revenge? I'm asking in general rather than on a boss by boss case I see a lot of high end prot warriors stacking insane parry and not so much dodge.
    I'm no tank, I can only go off other tanks who I know tend to do fairly well. It seems that the balls to the wall parry rating for higher uptime wins out for them.

Our tank: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rouss/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    i think you're supposed to add the normalized numbers to Amr not the scalfactors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogai View Post
    i think you're supposed to add the normalized numbers to Amr not the scalfactors.
    Yeah, try the normalized numbers out and see what happens. I would also un-toggle "at least" mode.

Dodge reduces damage taken more than Parry dose due to DR, if you where to have a more balanced gear set where the DR's would be more even, their value would be more even. As Sim-C by default only weights damage reduction for tanks, you won't be able to see how much each stat increases your damage output, but if you manually change it to DPS you'll see that parry would be quite a lot stronger than dodge, and almost equal to crit.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Even though the OP says to add the scale factors and the OP adds the scale factors?

So is simcraft/amr broken then? No one has been able to provide an answer yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though the OP says to add the scale factors and the OP adds the scale factors?

i've always been using the normalixed numbers and so far it has worked great for me. i guess it wouldn't hurt if you tried normalized numbers once and see if it gives you a more reasonable result than scalefactors did

Try out the normalized numbers? I don't know how many more times we're gonna repeat this.

Deleted
    Haha! AMR/Simcraft is useless. Lose mastery for haste now?

Tried it once again. Why do people use this crap?

Last edited by mmoc842017c00d; 2014-02-14 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

well one thing is that you entered 0.63 for mastery when it says 1.12 in simcraft, that will mess things up pretty bad

Deleted
    well one thing is that you entered 0.63 for mastery when it says 1.12 in simcraft, that will mess things up pretty bad
    Okay, I'm going to make a quick video.

PEBCAK.

/10char

Deleted
    I'm not advertising, I never use this. Let's watch me do it then.

http://www.twitch.tv/sarithus

Deleted

So because you can't use a tool yourself, its crap?....

Deleted
    And there you go, for anyone watching the stream. I must be missing something big, because I went over the numbers twice and the results are still stupid.

What's wrong this time?

Results are the same as the scale factor try.

Last edited by mmoc842017c00d; 2014-02-14 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there you go, for anyone watching the stream. I must be missing something big, because I went over the numbers twice and the results are still stupid.
    welp i've helped you all i can. looked like you entered it correctly to amr. no idea why it tells you to drop tons of crit