[Demo][Aff] My damage on spoils...smh

I've gone destro in the mean time, but seriously...how tf do you do this fight as demo or aff?

I've been kicked from 2 flex groups now for doing 70k and less on SoP lol. I havent played this bad since pre-lfd, nor have a been kicked from a group for low damage since bc.

This is unacceptable and I'd like to understand what I could be doing wrong. I find that I can't get any damage going on the mobs before they die.

Anyone have some general advice on this fight with the other two specs?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Run around in circle with Immolation Aura active.

Doom is pretty much only worthwhile on the massives.
    Last edited by Zevoa; 2014-02-08 at 10:01 PM.

So basically here are what I try to do for spoils.

As demo, just open normally on the two pandas(assuming you are opening them first, you should be) but just make sure to have corr/doom on both. From there most of your time will be spreading corruption to everything, then Hand of Gul"dan on grouped targets, jumping into meta and then spending that fury usually on Immo Aura and Doom on Anima Golems and the Massive adds. Molten core charges should be spent outside of Meta (Assuming you aren't running the 14k haste build, which many are if they are playing Demo) to generate more fury for greater uptime on immolation aura. On mantid side you can spend some of your fury on ToC as well, since there are generally just less adds than on Mogu. There are also a few situations where Hellfire is the best choice on Mogu side, specifically when more than one small box is opened and you get two or more of either Urns or Quillens.

As for Affliction, it's pretty simple in theory, just hard to execute. Open as normal but throw in a soul swap to the other add. From there make sure to keep those empowered DoTs on everything for as long as possible. That being said however, don't be afraid to overwrite them with Soul Burn: Soul Swap before Soul Swapping them to a different target is they are <8 seconds or so, as unless they are fucking MONSTER DoTs, full duration of weaker DoTs > 8 seconds or less of Strong DoTs. I would reccomend getting TidyPlates, as it helps with targeting adds that you don't yet have DoTs up on.
    Last edited by Haegr; 2014-02-08 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haegr View Post
    So basically here are what I try to do for spoils.

As demo, just open normally on the two pandas(assuming you are opening them first, you should be) but just make sure to have corr/doom on both. From there most of your time will be spreading corruption to everything, then Hand of Gul"dan on grouped targets, jumping into meta and then spending that fury usually on Immo Aura and Doom on Anima Golems and the Massive adds. Molten core charges should be spent outside of Meta (Assuming you aren't running the 14k haste build, which many are if they are playing Demo) to generate more fury for greater uptime on immolation aura. On mantid side you can spend some of your fury on ToC as well, since there are generally just less adds than on Mogu. There are also a few situations where Hellfire is the best choice on Mogu side, specifically when more than one small box is opened and you get two or more of either Urns or Quillens.

As for Affliction, it's pretty simple in theory, just hard to execute. Open as normal but throw in a soul swap to the other add. From there make sure to keep those empowered DoTs on everything for as long as possible. That being said however, don't be afraid to overwrite them with Soul Burn: Soul Swap before Soul Swapping them to a different target is they are <8 seconds or so, as unless they are fucking MONSTER DoTs, full duration of weaker DoTs > 8 seconds or less of Strong DoTs. I would reccomend getting TidyPlates, as it helps with targeting adds that you don't yet have DoTs up on.
    Yeah I run tidyplates and aff dots so no problems there.

I was on mandid first both times I was kicked and there either werent enough adds to get some good aoe/cleave working, or they died faster than my dots could tick for either spec.

Guess I'll just try again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    I've gone destro in the mean time, but seriously...how tf do you do this fight as demo or aff?

Anyone have some general advice on this fight with the other two specs?
    TBH the way you do the fight as demo/aff is respect to destro lol. Aff basically soulswaps everything which you can run IF things are taking long enough to die you get most of the ticks before the mob dies. Demo you just use the tool most appropriate to the lifespan of the targets and pray for ToC chaoswave procs. Don't forget to use carrion swarm on mobs for the aoe burst and interrupt. Corruption is probably a loss unless it will live for most of the duration. Don't be afraid to FF quite a bit and just lifetap it back on this fight. Its DF generation, mobility with an AD build, and time to target:engage is lower which will make you more progress most of the time than going for longer casts...especially as a 8097 haste setup. Doom only the biggest of mobs and go for IA when you can *safely* use it.

spoils isnt the fight where u put dots up.. period. well maybe in heroics and 25mans it might be, but the general idea is to burn the adds down asap. affliction doesnt work well here, especially if u arent at the normal gear/ heroic gear lvl. even as destro on the fight i rarely use immolate because the mobs arent going to last 18 seconds. most dont even last up to 6. id only immolate the boss- adds and the 2 pandas. for the rest its shadowburn / incinerate spam.

for demo cash in on the mobs by dropping hand of guldan and your aoe moves, chaos wave i think its called? felstorm with the demon and whatever else u can do.

Well all your advice helped guys. Didnt get kicked out my last spoils fight. It also helped to equip my weapon >.<

I soloed TK and forgot to put my wep back on after Kael. Ran around all day pissed at my damage and had no wep.

Still, that fight, particularly the mantid side, sucks as demo and aff. The rng with the damn bombs has kept me off mobs and in corners for up to 28 or 30 power (the room reset count?)

As affliction you soulswap dots onto everything if they're snapshotted correctly it will do tons of dmg. As destro you want to make sure you're cleaving shadowburns onto other targets with havoc. Spending all the embers generated with chaos bolt so you don't cap. Most of the time you'll be trying to shadowburn everything. Without watching you play it'll be difficult to help.

nothing is going to live long enough in a flex spoils for you to do any damage as aff. Aff is probably the worst dps spec ever made for that fight. You pretty much have to play destro, or could demo and tbh mostly just run around with imm aura up and dropping HoG, and ToC, you'll have unlimited fury from imm aura sniping all the kills. but yeah, destro is the way to go on spoils.

as demo corruption and doom targets that will live long enough, otherwise Hellfire when low on fury/no trinket procs/only ~4 mobs up/ use double Hog into meta and spam voidray/carrion swarm on cd with Immo aura up when you have high fury/trinket procs/5+ mobs up.

As affliction get strong dots at the start and make sure you can contiously soulswap them to new targets.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

I'd say stay away from affliction and demo for spoils on anything lower than normal, because you usually get tanks who don't open multiple boxes at the same time/or are very slow at doing it (hence you can't really soul swap your strong opener dots properly). Usually you end up losing them too, due to them taking days to open the next set of boxes.

As for demo, you really won't be able to see big numbers unless you have loads of targets that you can HoG and immolation aura, and the mobs generally die too quickly for you to be able to get anything out of doom.

On anything other than heroic stuff just dies too fast for Demo/Affy, Destro is so much more bursty and reliable

EDIT: I mean I'm sure it's humanly possibly to get decent numbers with Demo or Affy but… you'd have to be 100% perfect and have insanely good RNG and … just why do that when you can go Beastmode with Destro
    Last edited by Xandy; 2014-02-23 at 09:10 PM.