1. #1
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573

    How to fixed the "forced" problem

    In the next expansion, players will still kill Mogu.

    But, that's pretty much all they will do, except for raiding.

    The task of Mogu killing will require that you kill Mogu one after the other with no more than 5 seconds out of combat at any time. A timer will start when you begin killing Mogu, and if you leave combat for 5 seconds, it will reset completely for the day, and the credit you receive for killing Mogu for that day has been determined.

    Each day, you have one chance to kill Mogu and earn MKs (Mogu Kills). An accumulation of MKs is required in order to enter the New Raid Content.

    MKs are acquired in a casual-friendly manner that allows for "serious" players to accumulate them more quickly. The number of actual Kills is not counted, only the time spent continuously killing Mogu.

    Here is the mapping of continuous kill time (per 24 hours) to MKs:

    <10 min = 1 MK
    10 min - <1 hr = 1.25 MK
    1 hr - <2 hr = 1.5 MK
    2 hr - <4 hr = 1.75 MK
    4 hr - <8 hr = 2 MK
    8 hr - <16 hr = 2.25 MK
    16 hr - <23 hr = 3 MK
    23 hr - <23.5 hr = 5 MK
    >23.5 hr = 10 MK

    Raid content is accessible based upon the MEDIAN MK earnings of all members of the raid group. In order to access New Raid Content, the raid group's members must have an average of MKs (earned daily, accumulated indefinitely) above the Weekly Threshold for that week. Here is the schedule:

    In order to access New Raid Content the first week: 70 MK / raid member (7 days per week of >23.5 hours per day continuously killing mogu)
    Second week: 70 MK / raid member
    Third week: 50 MK / raid member
    Fourth week: 30 MK / raid member
    Fifth week: 10 MK / raid member
    Sixth week: No requirement

  2. #2
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    In the next expansion, players will still kill Mogu.

    But, that's pretty much all they will do, except for raiding.

    The task of Mogu killing will require that you kill Mogu one after the other with no more than 5 seconds out of combat at any time. A timer will start when you begin killing Mogu, and if you leave combat for 5 seconds, it will reset completely for the day, and the credit you receive for killing Mogu for that day has been determined.

    Each day, you have one chance to kill Mogu and earn MKs (Mogu Kills). An accumulation of MKs is required in order to enter the New Raid Content.

    MKs are acquired in a casual-friendly manner that allows for "serious" players to accumulate them more quickly. The number of actual Kills is not counted, only the time spent continuously killing Mogu.

    Here is the mapping of continuous kill time (per 24 hours) to MKs:

    <10 min = 1 MK
    10 min - <1 hr = 1.25 MK
    1 hr - <2 hr = 1.5 MK
    2 hr - <4 hr = 1.75 MK
    4 hr - <8 hr = 2 MK
    8 hr - <16 hr = 2.25 MK
    16 hr - <23 hr = 3 MK
    23 hr - <23.5 hr = 5 MK
    >23.5 hr = 10 MK

    Raid content is accessible based upon the MEDIAN MK earnings of all members of the raid group. In order to access New Raid Content, the raid group's members must have an average of MKs (earned daily, accumulated indefinitely) above the Weekly Threshold for that week. Here is the schedule:

    In order to access New Raid Content the first week: 70 MK / raid member (7 days per week of >23.5 hours per day continuously killing mogu)
    Second week: 70 MK / raid member
    Third week: 50 MK / raid member
    Fourth week: 30 MK / raid member
    Fifth week: 10 MK / raid member
    Sixth week: No requirement
    I sense a certain blue-skinned, Jaimacan-accented creature here.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  3. #3
    It's almost as if I can't tell if this is serious or the best thing I've ever read.

  4. #4
    I don't like the sound of it at all. Why would someone go to pandaria to kill things when the new raid is in a completely different continent? Not only that, you're now forcing people to go back to old content in order to get to new content. More like "How to make the "forced" problem worse" IMO.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
    It's almost as if I can't tell if this is serious or the best thing I've ever read.
    Probably, option B?

  6. #6
    It's so late I didn't even stop to consider this might be satire. Oh, you.

  7. #7
    The Patient Miloscub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    205
    Killing mogu in the next expansion? why? and what "problem" does this solve?

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Exystredofar View Post
    It's so late I didn't even stop to consider this might be satire. Oh, you.
    Would you like a glass of wine?

  9. #9
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Exystredofar View Post
    I don't like the sound of it at all. Why would someone go to pandaria to kill things when the new raid is in a completely different continent? Not only that, you're now forcing people to go back to old content in order to get to new content. More like "How to make the "forced" problem worse" IMO.
    It's best to not feed the blue-skinned, Jaimacan accented creatures.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  10. #10
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    10,611
    I don't really see any constructive discussion that can be had here.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •