Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    monk, although I will point out that this question is VERY subjective because we all hold differing opinions and have played different classes therefore we might not realize similarities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    OP is asking for the most unique class, not for the most unique spec.
    So I'd go with hunters too.
    id say dks are pretty unique considering they start at level 58 and also have their own resource system

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks, though all the Warcraft-based classes (Shaman, Druids, DKs, Warlocks) are pretty unique. Blizzard just did a really good job creating a unique Monk class. Brewmaster is a pretty amazing tank spec.

Rogue. It's so damn original.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    id say dks are pretty unique considering they start at level 58 and also have their own resource system

This is a tough question, it relies on perception of the game, question and answer of each individual. So while some us may agree, there is no right.

I'd like to say hunter. Sure pets are something a lot of classes have now but hunter pets add a whole aspect to hunter game play that can alter game play significantly in a manor that isn't as limited as a warlock. The fluidity of casting shots while running is also incomparable to any of the caster short term abilities to cast while moving because of the opportunity to not stop moving at all at max dps during whole boss fights. Hunters are also one of the only classes with target drops, multiple drops AND the only one to have a drop at range (correct me, I may be wrong on the last one). I've played every class and over time most of them have become more similar, even hunters. I just think after all this time hunters are still the outcast of the game in skill comparison. The uniqueness comes with how you'd like to play... what I mean is hunters spec's are irritatingly similar in pve rotations but you as the player choose if you want to help the raid more as an individual with your arsenal of crowd control... or where you move and wind up in raid or pvp while still managing max dps because serious players no position can make or break any players attempt at pvp or a boss attempt.

None of them play the same really. Resto druid doesn't play the same as Disc priest. For some people, being unique means a class/spec that bring something other classes can't. For me it's just how different the gameplay is.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2014-02-09 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I don't feel like there Is, especially with healers having the same kind of spells.

- Instant heal
    - Some kind of shield
    - Slow large heal
    - Slow heal (lower mana cost)
    - Fast heal (higher mana cost)
    The way Mistweaver works puts obstructions between those. They do have a shield (2m cd) so that's fair. Thing is, they don't have a slow heal and no slow large heal and no single-target instant heal that doesn't require you be channeling a different spell at the time to make it instant.

Quote Originally Posted by zexx View Post
    Dunno but monk feel similar to my ret pally on the spl usage
    Windwalker honestly feels like a Rogue decided to be a Paladin and we got his move-set.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-02-09 at 04:33 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Warriors.

- Only class who doesn't rely on magic, just pure martial/primal strength.
    - Only class who can dual-wield two-handed weapons.
    - Only class with banner-type abilities (mass taunt, mass debuff, raid-wide cool down).
    - FUS ROH DAH!
    - Can wield more legendaries than any other class.
    - Iconic tanking class for most of the game's lifetime.
    - Only class who doesn't gain any significant benefit from haste in all 3 specs.
    - Only class that gives a raid-wide temporary health buff (Rallying Cry).

I would say Monks, because I dont understand them at all or how to play them.

Hunters purely because of the damage types you can do.

Going to agree with others saying Monks and Hunters. While Hunter SPECS are samey, the CLASS feels unique. Although I haven't touched the healing monk spec, after leveling a dps/tank monk I'm getting the same feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    Going to agree with others saying Monks and Hunters. While Hunter SPECS are samey, the CLASS feels unique. Although I haven't touched the healing monk spec, after leveling a dps/tank monk I'm getting the same feeling.
    You said my opinion better than I could. Haha

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to say Druid.
    The ability to shapeshift forms and fill all roles, including melee and ranged dps specs.
    Plus, being able to borrow abilities from other classes via symbiosis.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Except they all still play differently. Holy priests almost never use Power Word: Shield while it is a staple of the Disc Priest. Shamans have no absorb shield that is cast-at-will, and neither do Druids. Shamans use their smallest heal most vs Disc/Holy that use Greater.

OT: Most of the classes share some major cooldowns but every class brings something unique to the table or, at least, something useful.
    Thank-you, captain obvious - he wasn't insinuating that every healer used the exact same rotation, and the exact same spells under every circumstance - he's suggesting that our toolkits are very, VERY similar - and he's obviously right - especially when you take into account how they used to be, depending on which expansion you look at. BC for example - Shamans were chain heal They didn't have a HoT. Druids were HoTs. Lifeblooms, Rejuvs and Swiftmend. Paladins were tank healers. No HoTs, no AoEs, no Beacons, just tank healers. Priests were the jack of all trades healers, a HoT, a shield (the only shield), a fast heal, a big heal, 2 AoE heals.

Nowadays, as the person you quoted rather clearly said, toolkits are merged, almost completely. Every spec uses a HoT. Monks Renewing Mist. Shaman Riptide. Priest Renew. Druid self-explanatory. Paladins Word of Glory. Shields are no longer a priest only thing, AoE heals are no longer a shaman/priest specialty, tank healing is certainly no longer a paladin job.

Is the game better for it? Completely subjective. I think not, others are quite sure it is. I no longer feel challenged when swapping classes anymore, since they play so similarly. It often feels like I'm playing the same class with different spell names and animations, and that saddens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    whats the most unique class now in mop ? theres been some homogenization of all the classes since few xpacs, so what makes them unique ?
    I'd say Druids, for their 4 specs. Sure you could say they're not unique because their gameplay is based off other classes, but they really aren't and their hybrid nature really sets them apart from any other class. No other class can effectively spot-heal in tank spec, or spot-tank in DPS spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    whats the most unique class now in mop ? theres been some homogenization of all the classes since few xpacs, so what makes them unique ?
    Monk. For sure. they are very enjoyable.

Will say druid mostly because they shapeshift into forms. Hunters for the only pure physical ranged class, rogue for pure melee dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    neither Disc nor Holy should ever touch Greater Heal.
    When did priest healing change so much? I used to spam gheal in Cata on my disc priest. There was just no other way to keep tanks up in 10m heroics.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Paladin! Nobody else has Hand spells like us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    When did priest healing change so much?
    Healing in general changed with Cata. It changed even more in Mists though. I was a Pally healer from Day 1 until Mists. I hated the Cata changes but stuck with it because Holy Radiance was overpowered. That was the only spell I liked after the Cata changes and Mists destroyed it. It's now just a generic, bland aoe heal that every healer gets.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

well while their playstyle is by far no longer unique rogues are still the only pure melee in the game so I guess I'd go with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Warlock. Any other class isn't evne close to them after revmap. Every spec play different.