Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    well while their playstyle is by far no longer unique rogues are still the only pure melee in the game so I guess I'd go with them.
    Only pure melee? What does that mean? I thought warriors and DKs are also pure melee.

Deleted
    I'd also go with the warlocks.
    They have a rather unique ressource on every spec which is then pretty different.

Demonology with Metamorphosis is also omething no other class realy has.
    Comparing every other class to each other, Warlocks deffinately got the best spot in the sun which is just natural after they received a complete overhaul. Something no other class will get again.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    well while their playstyle is by far no longer unique rogues are still the only pure melee in the game so I guess I'd go with them.
    Right, and what are Warriors? Two-hander flinging Madawc clones?

Gotta say warlocks.

From a playstyle PoV:
    They have 3 very unique specs all with unique playstyles and resources. Affliction drains enemies with dots and uses souls shards, destro uses embers and does the big boom booms, demonology focuses on the pet and metamorphosis. Very unique in playstyle. Has 2 (talented) horrify effects, only other class that has one is spriests. Only class that can sacrifice health for resources/abiltiies (correct me if im wrong, cant think of any off the top of my head).

Loreish/whatever PoV:
    Only class that deals with demons and "evil" type stuff. Death knights are undead and use diseases but thats kinda not "evil" in the sense that undead is a playable race. Mages and the other casters deal with mostly elemental type stuff like fire and frost or nature or holy like priests/pallys, non are demonic in nature.

Game-stuff PoV:
    Unique mount (although 2 other classes have unique mounts), unique quest line (green fire) which I dont think anyone else really has besides rogue legendary, summoning portals and healthstones and that type of stuff is all unique as well.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2014-02-09 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

very little makes a class unique, nothing I can think about actually, there's just no effect that another class cant replicate. A result of blizzard giving the entire cake to every class instead of a piece each requiring them to cooperate and think about how they make groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Right, and what are Warriors? Two-hander flinging Madawc clones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Only pure melee? What does that mean? I thought warriors and DKs are also pure melee.
    Pure in the sense of pure damage dealing melee class. Warriors and dks are hybrid classes since they can tank.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-02-09 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    ....What? Shamans have so much mana they spam their big heals if they need to single target heal, and neither Disc nor Holy should ever touch Greater Heal.
    "so much mana"...actually all ehalers have 300k...

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    watch out for killyox here we have to be very specific and say "effective mana" so he doesn't get confused. lets be fair guys, almost everybody understanding this isn't the same as everybody understanding this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter, the most different than any other class
    too bad that hunter "specs" are almost same..

Deleted
    What is so unique about Hunters?
    Sure they use bows... but that's it. I mean they play exactly like every other caster and their specs are totally the same:

All3 specs are about using 1 signature shot on cooldown, using arcane shot between and fill up focus with the exact same skill for all 3 specs (same cast time same behaviour).

I find Hunters the most boring spec of all which is sad because I like to be the archer in games but in WoW it is pretty meh.

Actually gnomes got expansive mind. As a priest they have 5% more mana, which gives them a total of 315k mana.

Monks with the talent Ascention gets 15% more mana, increasing it to 345k mana.

Gnome mistweaver with the talent Ascention, gets a total of 366k mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

I feel that Warlocks are the most unique purely because of how different all 3 specs are compared to other pure DPS classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    What is so unique about Hunters?
    -The only ranged class with 100% mobility.
    -The only ranged class that functions almost entirely on instant casts (similar to a melee class).
    -Focus is one of the more unique resource systems. Less unique than Lock resources, admittedly.
    -The only class with customizable pets.

Hunters really do feel like playing a Melee class from 40 yards away. It's extremely unique, gameplay-wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    -The only ranged class with 100% mobility.
    -The only ranged class that functions almost entirely on instant casts (similar to a melee class).
    -Focus is one of the more unique resource systems. Less unique than Lock resources, admittedly.
    -The only class with customizable pets.

Hunters really do feel like playing a Melee class from 40 yards away. It's extremely unique, gameplay-wise.
    Uhm ...
    Well ...

Ranged class with only instants? Not true, you have to use steady/cobra shot. Mages are also extremly close to this with their instant proc playstyle.

Every class has one unique ressource system, don't think that this is a realy great argument.

Customizable pets, well sort of, but if you reduce it to "have pets" it is not that special anymore.

By that logic I can also say that rogues are the most unique because tehy use daggers. Or Paladins because they hab devine shield etc.
    But the question was the MOST unique class and I don't see that for Hunters in any way. Focus works extremls similar to energy btw.

I feel unique as a hunter because I tame pets and my pets are my best buds, they are neither my minions nor my slaves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Druids are, they have unlike any other class 4 specs, and every spec has access to a rather nice toolkit, and all 4 specs have unique mechanics / abilities, Balance with the eclipse system, feral as melee DoT, guardian using mostly dps stats to tank, and resto with hots.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

ive got every class at 90 atm, i think mistweaver monk is the least copied / pasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    aren't Spriests the only ranged casters who can't DD on the move?
    combined with VE - a decent raid cd
    as well as life swap which "can" be a lifesaver, pop it on a slow moving healer or a tank after a huge hit...

but ehh...should the thing that makes them unique be a bad thing(swapping also hurts ya, and not being able to dps on the move bleh!)
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

This tells me not all humans use their brains, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    When did priest healing change so much? I used to spam gheal in Cata on my disc priest. There was just no other way to keep tanks up in 10m heroics.
    Since MoP, you can keep tanks up with Atonement, Spirit Shell, T90 talents and PW:S.

Occasionally, maybe a Flash Heal or Binding Heal, but never Greater Heal.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

There is no such thing as "most unique." Either something is unique or it isn't. Perhaps what you mean is most unusual?