Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Why are Koch bros vilified but George Soros is seldom mentioned?

    George Soros and his organization Open Society Institute directly and indirectly financially support many liberal organizations, some of which championed communist causes.

    This man has quite a history, his betrayal of his fellow Jews to the Nazis being a start. He was involved in financing revolutions in the middle east and Serbia. He made efforts at ruining financial systems through malicious currency speculation, to the extent that even Paul Krugman criticized his ass for it. He was convicted of insider trading in France. Moveon.org, Thinkprogress, Southern Poverty Law Center, Air America, Aspen Institute, Brookings Institute, Center for American Progress, Media Matters are but a few of the organizations he and OSI have financed. This is publicly sourced information, not conspiracy theory.

    Why do liberals relentlessly bash the Koch bros and portray their finances as shadowy when Soros invented the idea of a shadow party through his nebulous networks of PACs, organizations, and funding entities? Wouldn't they be at least slightly unnerved when an economic hitman, a convicted criminal, has his tentacles rooted so deeply in the left, not only in America but across the world?

  2. #2
    Liberals bash Koch.
    Conservatives bash Soros.

    /thread

  3. #3

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,694
    I couldn't give less of a crap about Soros because he's not actively trying to sodomize global climate for personal gain. If Koch brothers didn't do this I wouldn't care about them either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Mobius strip still has 2 sides. you can pinch 2 fingers on both sides of the ribbon at the same spot
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  5. #5
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,721
    Because nobody brings him up..until now at least.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Why do liberals relentlessly bash the Koch bros
    Why don't conservatives?

  7. #7
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,721
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why don't conservatives?
    Because the Koch Brothers are the conservitives' ally
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why don't conservatives?
    They still think the Tea Party is a grass roots movement. They don't even know what the Koch brothers do.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because the Koch Brothers are the conservitives' ally
    Not according to Vyxn. I still remember the thread where he/she/it was bashing the Koch Brothers yet praised the Tea party/conservatives and refused to believe the Koch Brothers are conservatives/founders and funders of the Tea Party.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  10. #10
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,721
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Not according to Vyxn. I still remember the thread where he/she/it was bashing the Koch Brothers yet praised the Tea party/conservatives and refused to believe the Koch Brothers are conservatives/founders and funders of the Tea Party.

    I have him on ignore. /shrug
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because the Koch Brothers are the conservitives' ally
    It was a rhetorical question. Because it sounds to me the OP is saying liberals should hate on everyone equally but conservatives can just keep on hating only the liberals.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I couldn't give less of a crap about Soros because he's not actively trying to sodomize global climate for personal gain. If Koch brothers didn't do this I wouldn't care about them either.
    The Koch brothers aren't convicted criminals and don't have blood on their hands from fostering uprisings, though. AFAIK they didn't try to destabilize financial systems through currency speculation either. All they appear to be guilty of is financing and supporting republicans, yet you find that to be a horrific crime in contrast to Soros' deeds.

    Just like an animal doesn't realize it's naked, you don't appear capable of realizing why one financier might be worse than the other.
    Last edited by Incredibale; 2014-02-09 at 06:34 AM.

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vacating
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    Liberals bash Koch.
    Conservatives bash Soros.

    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Because the rule of factionalism is 'It's only wrong when THEY do it!'
    This, plus the OP's right-wing confirmation bias.

  14. #14
    This man has quite a history, his betrayal of his fellow Jews to the Nazis being a start.
    this is what happens when you listen to conservative news like fox, coulter, beck, etc... soros was not a nazi sympathizer as a 14 year old boy (duh). for a short period of time his godfather brought him along as the godfather did some work rather than leaving him alone. soros and others did hide the fact he was a jew to the nazis (duh again).

    how come koch is bad if soros is bad?
    this is basically what you're getting at. it's a classic example of someone excusing something bad by trying to say something else is bad too. the koch brothers are absolutely horrible people that crap all over the lives of others beneath them. you can try to point at soros all you like, but it's not going to mean very much or excuse anything the koch brothers have done or what they also continue to do.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2014-02-09 at 06:43 AM.

  15. #15
    I suggest reading up on him:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

    Your assertions are very laughable. I particularly liked the one about him "betraying his fellow jews to the Nazis". Of course, he didn't happen exactly like you said...

    Oh, did you forget to mention that he was 13 years old when that happened and was orders from under threat?

    He was told to go to the Jewish Council. And there I was given these small slips of paper ... It said report to the rabbi seminary at 9 am ... And I was given this list of names. I took this piece of paper to my father. He instantly recognized it. This was a list of Hungarian Jewish lawyers. He said, "You deliver the slips of paper and tell the people that if they report they will be deported."[

    All the rest is not "public sourced" unless you care to link them. Yes, mine above is a wikipedia link, which has sources attached to it. What do you have.

    Edit: This is also one of my favorites. Don't know why Republicans are ignoring this one:

    He played a significant role in the peaceful transition from communism to capitalism in Hungary (1984–89)
    About the only thing that's anything remotely true is the insider trading issue of 2006.
    Last edited by mvallas; 2014-02-09 at 06:43 AM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  16. #16
    I think he gets his information from another pedia.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    this is what happens when you listen to conservative news like fox, coulter, beck, etc... soros was not a nazi sympathizer as a 14 year old boy (duh). for a short period of time his godfather brought him along as the godfather did some work rather than leaving him alone. soros and others did hide the fact he was a jew to the nazis (duh again).
    He admitted that he assisted in confiscating property from his fellow Jews and that he had no guilt in doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I think he gets his information from another pedia.
    If you're hinting at conservapedia, then no.

    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    garbage post
    Sourced from Wikipedia and discoverthenetworks.
    Last edited by Incredibale; 2014-02-09 at 06:47 AM.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    The Koch brothers aren't convicted criminals and don't have blood on their hands from fostering uprisings, though. AFAIK they didn't try to destabilize financial systems through currency speculation either. All they appear to be guilty of is financing and supporting republicans, yet you find that to be a horrific crime in contrast to Soros' deeds.

    Just like an animal doesn't realize it's naked, you don't appear capable of realizing why one financier might be worse than the other.
    Rather, you don't seem capable of realizing that other people might rank them the other way around. I find the facilitation of a problem that might take thousands of years to fix to be worse than fostering uprisings. Sue me.

    Jesus, I sound like a tree hugger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Mobius strip still has 2 sides. you can pinch 2 fingers on both sides of the ribbon at the same spot
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    He admitted that he assisted in confiscating property from his fellow Jews and that he had no guilt in doing so.
    What year was he born? What year did WW2 end? I don't know anything about what you are saying, but checking his age at the times, makes what you are saying hard to believe.
    Go Hawks!!!!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Rather, you don't seem capable of realizing that other people might rank them the other way around. I find the facilitation of a problem that might take thousands of years to fix to be worse than fostering uprisings. Sue me.
    That sort of flippant dismissal of his crimes makes you a person of low moral character. You're a dime a dozen unfortunately.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •