Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Why are Koch bros vilified but George Soros is seldom mentioned?

George Soros and his organization Open Society Institute directly and indirectly financially support many liberal organizations, some of which championed communist causes.

This man has quite a history, his betrayal of his fellow Jews to the Nazis being a start. He was involved in financing revolutions in the middle east and Serbia. He made efforts at ruining financial systems through malicious currency speculation, to the extent that even Paul Krugman criticized his ass for it. He was convicted of insider trading in France. Moveon.org, Thinkprogress, Southern Poverty Law Center, Air America, Aspen Institute, Brookings Institute, Center for American Progress, Media Matters are but a few of the organizations he and OSI have financed. This is publicly sourced information, not conspiracy theory.

Why do liberals relentlessly bash the Koch bros and portray their finances as shadowy when Soros invented the idea of a shadow party through his nebulous networks of PACs, organizations, and funding entities? Wouldn't they be at least slightly unnerved when an economic hitman, a convicted criminal, has his tentacles rooted so deeply in the left, not only in America but across the world?

Liberals bash Koch.
    Conservatives bash Soros.

/thread

I couldn't give less of a crap about Soros because he's not actively trying to sodomize global climate for personal gain. If Koch brothers didn't do this I wouldn't care about them either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because nobody brings him up..until now at least.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Why do liberals relentlessly bash the Koch bros
    Why don't conservatives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why don't conservatives?
    Because the Koch Brothers are the conservitives' ally
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Why don't conservatives?
    They still think the Tea Party is a grass roots movement. They don't even know what the Koch brothers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not according to Vyxn. I still remember the thread where he/she/it was bashing the Koch Brothers yet praised the Tea party/conservatives and refused to believe the Koch Brothers are conservatives/founders and funders of the Tea Party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Not according to Vyxn. I still remember the thread where he/she/it was bashing the Koch Brothers yet praised the Tea party/conservatives and refused to believe the Koch Brothers are conservatives/founders and funders of the Tea Party.

I have him on ignore. /shrug

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It was a rhetorical question. Because it sounds to me the OP is saying liberals should hate on everyone equally but conservatives can just keep on hating only the liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I couldn't give less of a crap about Soros because he's not actively trying to sodomize global climate for personal gain. If Koch brothers didn't do this I wouldn't care about them either.
    The Koch brothers aren't convicted criminals and don't have blood on their hands from fostering uprisings, though. AFAIK they didn't try to destabilize financial systems through currency speculation either. All they appear to be guilty of is financing and supporting republicans, yet you find that to be a horrific crime in contrast to Soros' deeds.

Just like an animal doesn't realize it's naked, you don't appear capable of realizing why one financier might be worse than the other.
    Last edited by Incredibale; 2014-02-09 at 06:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    Liberals bash Koch.
    Conservatives bash Soros.

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Because the rule of factionalism is 'It's only wrong when THEY do it!'
    This, plus the OP's right-wing confirmation bias.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

This man has quite a history, his betrayal of his fellow Jews to the Nazis being a start.
    this is what happens when you listen to conservative news like fox, coulter, beck, etc... soros was not a nazi sympathizer as a 14 year old boy (duh). for a short period of time his godfather brought him along as the godfather did some work rather than leaving him alone. soros and others did hide the fact he was a jew to the nazis (duh again).

how come koch is bad if soros is bad?
    this is basically what you're getting at. it's a classic example of someone excusing something bad by trying to say something else is bad too. the koch brothers are absolutely horrible people that crap all over the lives of others beneath them. you can try to point at soros all you like, but it's not going to mean very much or excuse anything the koch brothers have done or what they also continue to do.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2014-02-09 at 06:43 AM.

I suggest reading up on him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

Your assertions are very laughable. I particularly liked the one about him "betraying his fellow jews to the Nazis". Of course, he didn't happen exactly like you said...

Oh, did you forget to mention that he was 13 years old when that happened and was orders from under threat?

He was told to go to the Jewish Council. And there I was given these small slips of paper ... It said report to the rabbi seminary at 9 am ... And I was given this list of names. I took this piece of paper to my father. He instantly recognized it. This was a list of Hungarian Jewish lawyers. He said, "You deliver the slips of paper and tell the people that if they report they will be deported."[

All the rest is not "public sourced" unless you care to link them. Yes, mine above is a wikipedia link, which has sources attached to it. What do you have.

Edit: This is also one of my favorites. Don't know why Republicans are ignoring this one:

He played a significant role in the peaceful transition from communism to capitalism in Hungary (1984–89)
    About the only thing that's anything remotely true is the insider trading issue of 2006.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2014-02-09 at 06:43 AM.

I think he gets his information from another pedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    this is what happens when you listen to conservative news like fox, coulter, beck, etc... soros was not a nazi sympathizer as a 14 year old boy (duh). for a short period of time his godfather brought him along as the godfather did some work rather than leaving him alone. soros and others did hide the fact he was a jew to the nazis (duh again).
    He admitted that he assisted in confiscating property from his fellow Jews and that he had no guilt in doing so.

I think he gets his information from another pedia.
    If you're hinting at conservapedia, then no.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    garbage post
    Sourced from Wikipedia and discoverthenetworks.
    Last edited by Incredibale; 2014-02-09 at 06:47 AM.

The Koch brothers aren't convicted criminals and don't have blood on their hands from fostering uprisings, though. AFAIK they didn't try to destabilize financial systems through currency speculation either. All they appear to be guilty of is financing and supporting republicans, yet you find that to be a horrific crime in contrast to Soros' deeds.

Just like an animal doesn't realize it's naked, you don't appear capable of realizing why one financier might be worse than the other.
    Rather, you don't seem capable of realizing that other people might rank them the other way around. I find the facilitation of a problem that might take thousands of years to fix to be worse than fostering uprisings. Sue me.

Jesus, I sound like a tree hugger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    He admitted that he assisted in confiscating property from his fellow Jews and that he had no guilt in doing so.
    What year was he born? What year did WW2 end? I don't know anything about what you are saying, but checking his age at the times, makes what you are saying hard to believe.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Rather, you don't seem capable of realizing that other people might rank them the other way around. I find the facilitation of a problem that might take thousands of years to fix to be worse than fostering uprisings. Sue me.
    That sort of flippant dismissal of his crimes makes you a person of low moral character. You're a dime a dozen unfortunately.