Poll: Which MMO of 2014 will you pre-purchase?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Not gonna pre-purchase anything ever. In my opinion, people should wait for reviews until they buy anything, makes the developers less lazy (see for example Alien: Colonial Marines and X-rebirth).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Not gonna pre-purchase anything ever. In my opinion, people should wait for reviews until they buy anything, makes the developers less lazy (see for example Alien: Colonial Marines and X-rebirth).
    Well in case of MMOs you should simply try beta tests. Reviews just dont work that way , especially for MMOs.They also cannot test highlevelcontent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to get into the EQ beta before I'll consider it. With that said... nothing on the list. I'll stick with SWTOR.

EQN will be F2P.

So Wildstar. Much Aurin. Do Want.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Please don't mistake EQN and EQNL.
    EQNL is due this year and is a minecraft x MMO based of the upcoming EQN.
    EQN is a "next-gen" MMORPG due for 2016 or so.
    Both will be F2P so there is no pre-purchase anyway !

Also : EQN and EQNL are not WoW like. They are action based MMO - more like GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Press beta reviews of ESO convinced me to pre-order the game.
    Is that irony ? Almost all press review of ESO are negative.

Deleted
    I will never pre-purchase anything. And if it doesnt have open beta I will not pre-order either.

Describing Everquest Next as "WoW+Minecraft" is like super duper misinformed. Because EQN is like the exact opposite of both those games.

World of Warcraft is a 2nd era theme park [the opposite of a theme park is a sandbox], stat-based [the opposite of stat based is twitch based mechanics] MMORPG in the lineage of Everquest 1. Everquest Next is a 3rd era sandbox [the opposite of a sandbox is a theme park], twitch based [the opposite of twitch based mechanics are stat based mechanics] Action-MMO in the lineage of Guild Wars 2.

The only build aspects in EQN at this point are contained within Everquest Landmark. A separate and stand alone title using the visual style and parred down tools of Everquest Next, but having a wholly unique gameplay structure from Everquest Next.

Pretty much the exact opposite of "WoW+Minecraft" in every demonstrable and objective manner.

Also to my knowledge, all the mentioned MMOs in the poll are available as digital downloads. The need to pre-order is totally superfluous. The poll question is faulty to a degree.