Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I did really enjoy the benediction quest, i was perhaps the 7 or 9th priest in our 40 man to get the eye of divinity, went to go do the quest, would anyone in iron forge buff me? no would they hell, i had to make to with mage oil self buffs and oils of immolation, took 2 tries then i managed it. it was quite a test if i remember trying to not go oom.
    i heard the hunter one was much harder.

apart from that, well there are loads of great classic quests, its why everyone got addicted in the first place, marshal windsor? chromies quests for fr gear? most of the chain quests were pretty fun, sharpbeak !
    I've heard a saying of the hunter class quest.
    "There are hunters with raid epics, and good hunters with Rhok'Delar"

Never played a hunter back then, so I can't say how accurate that is/was.

10+ Year Old Account
    benediction questline for priest!
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior Deff Stance Quest

Warlock pet quests. And probably Warrior berserker stance Q. (ahaha).

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scepter of Shifting Sands chain
    Did this at 80, and while I'm sure it was a complete pain in the ass at level I thought it was cool how you had to go to pretty much every corner of Azeroth. I really miss the South Seas islands - the desolate atmosphere of islands out in fatigue waters was very cool. Also, am I a bad person for waiting until the Lunar Festival to complete the green flight part of the chain?

Stiches quest chain
    I really miss seeing this guy stomp around in Duskwood - really made the world feel alive

Scholomance key chain
    I really liked the concept of forging a key to enter a locked dungeon - it really made it seem like the dungeon was dangerous.
    Programming with intent (www.xtremevbtalk.com)
    Picard: "Computer, Fire at will!"
    Commander Riker is suddenly shot down by an automated defense phaser mounted on a security turret.
    Picard: "What the..."
    Computer: "Please restate your question"
    Worf: "His death was without honor"

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I've heard a saying of the hunter class quest.
    "There are hunters with raid epics, and good hunters with Rhok'Delar"

Never played a hunter back then, so I can't say how accurate that is/was.
    you can probably find the quest objectives on wow head, but, for the priest all you had to really do was find a random world drop boe that had a pretty decent chance of dropping in the old southern parts of winterspring, after which it was just a matter of getting lucky in MC (not the leaf again!), the quest itself involved healing ghost npcs walking about 40 yards while being attacked by skeletons melee and ranged, they had low hp and it worked out perfectly that oil of immolation killed them if you popped it at the right time, (holy nova was just too expensive to use) if 5 or so npcs died you failed.

for the hunter they had to kill various demons i think it was either 3 or 5 (in different zones) but each one required a specific means of killing it, either you had to use excessive traps and pet aggro or you had to literally kite it with aspect and if you got hit you died. at least thats the way i remember it all playing out for most hunters. basically it was a true test of kiting and managing your abilities like pet, traps and concussion shot etc..
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-02-10 at 02:51 PM.

Oh yeah, I always liked the attunements and key quests. Never actually managed to get my UBRS key back in the day, because I finally said "fuck it" and gave up after that one quest near the end (where you had to find the drake, beat him down, and use an item to mind control him) kept glitching on me.

I'm fine with removing attunements and key requirements once the content is no longer relevant (as in a tier out of date), but I think they could still have their place in today's game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    you can probably find the quest objectives on wow head, but, for the priest all you had to really do was find a random world drop boe that had a pretty decent chance of dropping in the old southern parts of winterspring, after which it was just a matter of getting lucky in MC, the quest itself involved healing ghost npcs walking about 40 yards while being attacked by skeletons melee and ranged, they had low hp and it worked out perfectly that oil of immolation killed them if you popped it at the right time, (holy nova was just too expensive to use) if 5 or so nps died you failed.
    Yeah, I remember when I was helping my priest friend farm his Eye of Shadow in Winterspring. We were on Vent together, and he was talking like I'd better get comfortable, this thing takes forever to drop, etc. I think it dropped on like the second thing we killed. Took a grand total of like 10 minutes.

Of course, then it was "Well, gotta go find a bigger guild to run MC, but I'll come back when I get my staff!" then we never saw him again. Being a stepping stone guild sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Yeah, I remember when I was helping my priest friend farm his Eye of Shadow in Winterspring. We were on Vent together, and he was talking like I'd better get comfortable, this thing takes forever to drop, etc. I think it dropped on like the second thing we killed. Took a grand total of like 10 minutes.

Of course, then it was "Well, gotta go find a bigger guild to run MC, but I'll come back when I get my staff!" then we never saw him again. Being a stepping stone guild sucked.
    oh thats unfortunate, it sucks when you lose online buds to situations like that, i was saving gold (and dkp for the other eye) to simply buy it out the AH, but i decided to grind the mobs with some none guildies one day with my rogue and it dropped, i was like 'hey guys! neeeeed' the 300 or so gold i saved was a small fortune back then.

Totem quests, Warlock pet quests, Duskfall quests, Ungoro, 1k needles, new quests suck
    Hi Sephurik

All quests with elites. I invented and tried some crazy tactics and it was much more interesting and challenging than invite other players.

Deleted
    Vanilla Class Quests... miss them

Druid for forms, Shaman for totems, Warlock for pets... they gave the classes more fluff and they were fun.

Deleted
    The Linken quest chain which started from Un'Goro Crater. It was pretty awesome and had unique rewards. Also it obviously being a reference to a certain awesome video game series.

Onyxia chain

Original legend of Stalvin quest line

Warrior Whirlwind weapon quest line

Essentially any long chains which required text reading, a plot and travel between zones.

Not the UBRS key, that was a total pain.
    Last edited by Trickname; 2014-02-11 at 05:12 PM.

For me, I miss this one http://www.wowhead.com/quest=3628/yo...rakhlikh-demon
    I loved this quest so much... the entire questline, traveling around the world.
    I still have the quest reward in my bank lol :P

There was a lot of good quests that weren't "go kill 10 boars/people" but this was my fave, the lore around it too
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've read up on many of the cool quest chains that span the continents, and there are many class and lore quests that I'd love to have done, but never did. But of all the ones I experienced (for the most part), nothing beats the running about of The Sceptre of the Shifting Sands quest chain. So awesome and expansive!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?