Getting a ps vita just for emulator? (n64, gameboy, etc)

I currently have a 3ds xl that I traded an old xbox for. I was thinking of trading it for a ps vita based on all the emulators they have for it.

Has anyone used these emulators/would this even be worth it?

The same emulators available on the vita are available on the psp.

Not sure why you would buy a vita only to hack it, make it no able to patch modern games in today's era. Just buy a psp and if that's what you want it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The same emulators available on the vita are available on the psp.

Not sure why you would buy a vita only to hack it, make it no able to patch modern games in today's era. Just buy a psp and if that's what you want it for.
    I just want to add to your reply.

Vita isn't hacked. The PSP portion of the Vita is hacked yes, and hacking that portion will make you unable to update your device, well not exactly unable to update but if you do update it you will lose the hack.

With that said, there is really no point in hacking the Vita since it will only hack the PSP side and it's way cheaper to just buy a PSP for like 20 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    I just want to add to your reply.

Vita isn't hacked. The PSP portion of the Vita is hacked yes, and hacking that portion will make you unable to update your device, well not exactly unable to update but if you do update it you will lose the hack.

With that said, there is really no point in hacking the Vita since it will only hack the PSP side and it's way cheaper to just buy a PSP for like 20 bucks.
    How difficult is it to hack the psp

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    How difficult is it to hack the psp
    I have a PSP Phat, like the first version or something like that and I think all Phats are the same, and basically all you need to do is go to a PSP hacking forum download the hack and press a button.

In general I think all PSPs are easy to hack but PSP Phat is the easiest one I think. PSP Slim might be easy as well but haven't tried, so I can't comment on that.

Don't buy a new PSP, buy an old one. That is the case with most consoles when talking about hacks.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-hacki...t-here.268289/

Get a PSP with firmware 6.60 or less and you should be set.

I recommend getting a Phat, PSP 1000 series, these are the best for hacking.
    Last edited by adamzz; 2014-02-09 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    I have a PSP Phat, like the first version or something like that and I think all Phats are the same, and basically all you need to do is go to a PSP hacking forum download the hack and press a button.

In general I think all PSPs are easy to hack but PSP Phat is the easiest one I think. PSP Slim might be easy as well but haven't tried, so I can't comment on that.

Don't buy a new PSP, buy an old one. That is the case with most consoles when talking about hacks.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-hacki...t-here.268289/

Get a PSP with firmware 6.60 or less and you should be set.

I recommend getting a Phat, PSP 1000 series, these are the best for hacking.
    Awesome Ill look into that. Thank you.