Deleted

shadowburn issues

i got a mouse over macro for shadowburn. but if i spamm it. all sbs dont get copyed to havoc target.

It's a common problem and there's multiple posts explaining a way around it or just how to do it a different way.

Essentially you need to be targeting the mob you're Shadowburning, so add a mouse over Havoc macro in

Deleted
    any clue how to write that=)? am realy bad at that stuff >.<

As far as I remember this is an issue with Havoc and not SB itself?
    I know that if you Havoc your current target and mouseover SB it won't get copied. But outside of that it should work fine.

This is what I use:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,harm,exists]Havoc; [mod:shift, target=focus]Havoc; Havoc

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=mouseover,harm,exists] Shadowburn; Shadowburn

There is /cleartarget and /targetlasttarget macro somewhere in Destro sticky. But won't solve it completely either. The only sure way to really make it work is to actively target mob you are Shadowburning and leave mouseovers for when you don't have Havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    As far as I remember this is an issue with Havoc and not SB itself?
    I know that if you Havoc your current target and mouseover SB it won't get copied. But outside of that it should work fine.
    It's an issue with the implementation of the Havoc code. Rather than it determining if a spell should be copied by looking at whether the mob that had the spell cast on it had the Havoc debuff, it instead checks the player's target. By doing so if you're targeting a mob with your Havoc, even if you cast another spell on some other mob, as long as you're targeting the Havoc debuffed target it will fail the check and not copy.

You can (mostly) get around it with this. It clears and restores your target before casting SB if it's a mouseover. (The same would be an issue for focus, arena1, and other UnitID based targeting)

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Shadowburn
    /targetlasttarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    This macro only fails if you have a somewhat high ping and you're really spamming the bejeezus out of it, such that due to the latency your current target actually still is your current target rather than being nothing.

use a havoc mouseover macro instead. easiest solution.

Deleted
    i dont rly get this :P how can the other macro work(shadownburn mouse over macro) just couse you apply havoc with a macro instead by manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    i dont rly get this :P how can the other macro work(shadownburn mouse over macro) just couse you apply havoc with a macro instead by manual?
    It doesn't.

Even if you apply havoc using a mouseover macro it's still possible to then target it and run into the same problems.