Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    1. What the heck? Why are you being so rude to her?

2. I cannot understand how it can be done without kicking the nelfs in the teeth. I don't see how her being a naaru does anything positive.
    Because, this is the internet.

Deleted

2. I cannot understand how it can be done without kicking the nelfs in the teeth. I don't see how her being a naaru does anything positive.
    1. Emotional bi-as - it's commonplace for this forum, almost everyone does it. Is it even worth to question these days?
    Only difference between being sheer rude and what you amongst others do, is that you do it in arguments and get flushed about <SUBJECT>.

2.Gameplay > Lore.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get the positives, making azeroth "Always involved" or "always the destined planet" makes me care less rather than more because it's lazy writing.
    And i suppose you play for the writing, don't you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    1. Emotional bi-as - it's commonplace for this forum, almost everyone does it. Is it even worth to question these days?
    Only difference between being sheer rude and what you amongst others do, is that you do it in arguments and get flushed about <SUBJECT>.

2.Gameplay > Lore.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Yes, because people ought to at least try to be decent to each other. "it's the internet" is a garbage excuse for not wanting to be a decent person to another human being if you can get away with it.

2. How does Elune being a naaru benefit gameplay? you're not making sense.

3. Yeah, that's why I quit playing at the beginning of MoP
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Elunesoul View Post
    When he returns, would he be a villian, or a hero...?
    everytime metzen mentions bringing illidan back he always says he likes a good redemption story and that they didnt really treat him right in bc.

which means he should be coming back as the antihero he was in warcraft 3 instead of the "for the lulz i is crazy" villain he was in bc

- - - Updated - - -

i definitely play for the lore. mists was awesome which is why i really dislike warlords since its basically a waste of time.

but so far

vanilla - great lore
    tbc - horrible
    wrath - great lore
    cata - meh
    mists - best lore so far
    warlords - eh
    expansion 6 - ER MEH GERD AMAZIN @_@?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It wouldn't make sense for Elune to be a Naaru at all. The biggest problem with that is Cenarius, who is a demigod and the child of Elune and Malorne. We can definitely see his father's affect on his appearance, and the other half looks humanoid, not flying glyph thing.

The only "hint" that Elune might be a Naaru came from Velen, who just stated that the descriptions of other NEs about Elune seemed to coincide with that of the Naaru. Tyrande, the High Priestess of Elune and someone who by now knows what a Naaru is, outright threw that theory out. I personally think that making a deity that they have worshiped for millenium be a Naaru would just make no sense and be a huge loreLOL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i definitely play for the lore. mists was awesome which is why i really dislike warlords since its basically a waste of time.

but so far

vanilla - great lore
    tbc - horrible
    wrath - great lore
    cata - meh
    mists - best lore so far
    warlords - eh
    How is WoD a waste of time? Genuinely asking.

I don't think that Elune is a Naaru and I really hope they don't water down NElf lore and further homoginize them with the rest of the Alliance by making Elune a naaru and they're actually using the Light. The similarities are really only there because of gameplay mechanics. And if Elune was a Naaru why does she favor one race over others? Just doesn't add up while it MIGHT be able to somehow do something for draenei lore, which I don't see happening, it would be a big blow to night elves who are already neutered enough from their wc 3 selves as it is.

As for NElfs in WoD I don't expect to see much of them. From what we know, there's going to be lots of draenei, at least one human in Khadgar though this doesn't seem to mean a huge human presence in and of itself, and the dark irons having a role to play. No mention of any night elves yet, though it's possible some could arrive later on I don't see them fitting into the storyline all that much but they could.

everytime metzen mentions bringing illidan back he always says he likes a good redemption story and that they didnt really treat him right in bc.

which means he should be coming back as the antihero he was in warcraft 3 instead of the "for the lulz i is crazy" villain he was in bc

- - - Updated - - -

but so far

vanilla - great lore
    tbc - horrible
    wrath - great lore
    cata - meh
    mists - best lore so far
    warlords - eh
    seeing has illidan will have his whole soul back. he will be back to normal mind wise. but the real question is will he return to 100% night elf or remain a stupid demon?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Chessecakeman View Post
    It wouldn't make sense for Elune to be a Naaru at all. The biggest problem with that is Cenarius, who is a demigod and the child of Elune and Malorne. We can definitely see his father's affect on his appearance, and the other half looks humanoid, not flying glyph thing.

The only "hint" that Elune might be a Naaru came from Velen, who just stated that the descriptions of other NEs about Elune seemed to coincide with that of the Naaru. Tyrande, the High Priestess of Elune and someone who by now knows what a Naaru is, outright threw that theory out. I personally think that making a deity that they have worshiped for millenium be a Naaru would just make no sense and be a huge loreLOL.
    which supports my theory that elune is just a dark troll who through the powers of the well of eternity ascended to become a loa and overtime the myth of her became this huge deity that the night elves think created them just like how the ancients are basically just loa that the night elves call a different name

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    How is WoD a waste of time? Genuinely asking.
    because its an alternate timeline filled with fake people who arent really the people we care about.

that isnt thralls dad, thralls dad is dead, that isnt garroshs father, garroshs father is dead, that isnt velen, velen is in the exodar chillin, that isnt the ogre empire, the ogre empire has fallen, that isnt draenor, draenor is gone.

its a bizaro doppleganger created from a failed timeline. none of the people we meet matter, they arent real. none of the people my character saves matters, those people already died or are still around somewhere else.

its a bunch of find yourself daddy issue nonsense that didnt need to be created in the first place
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Hopefully an antihero like he always has been.
    Not quite. When they brought him to Burning Crusade they made him into an Anti-Villain. You can't really be an Anti-Hero and be the leader of an army of slavers and torturers killing innocents across the wastelands.

The Anti-Villain is a villain with heroic goals, personality traits, and/or virtues. Their desired ends are mostly good, but their means of getting there are evil.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    because its an alternate timeline filled with fake people who arent really the people we care about.

that isnt thralls dad, thralls dad is dead, that isnt garroshs father, garroshs father is dead, that isnt velen, velen is in the exodar chillin, that isnt the ogre empire, the ogre empire has fallen, that isnt draenor, draenor is gone.

its a bizaro doppleganger created from a failed timeline. none of the people we meet matter, they arent real. none of the people my character saves matters, those people already died or are still around somewhere else.

its a bunch of find yourself daddy issue nonsense that didnt need to be created in the first place
    I just don't see that. These people are just as real as they would be in our timeline. And what if they come to our timeline permanently? Would they still not count as real?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    seeing has illidan will have his whole soul back. he will be back to normal mind wise. but the real question is will he return to 100% night elf or remain a stupid demon?
    depends. theres lots of different ways they can bring illidan back.

Deleted
    1. Yes, because people ought to at least try to be decent to each other. "it's the internet" is a garbage excuse for not wanting to be a decent person to another human being if you can get away with it.

2. How does Elune being a naaru benefit gameplay? you're not making sense.

3. Yeah, that's why I quit playing at the beginning of MoP
    1. And pointing out others doing X, while doing it yourself.. While actually trying to saying "Oh, the humanity".. Is not justifyable either way. Not even an excuse. Just plain, y'know - hypocrisy in a nutshell.

2. Storylines can be adapted to it and allow for cool gameplay mechanics there of with a known protagonist (The Naaru) instead of creating 295802958 new assets and stuff. So, gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account

Did you not read what she said....sorry I don't like ignorance...
    "I have no interest for warlords" based of this thread that is purely speculation and none concrete evidence! Sorry, but I have a problem with that. But I didn't mean to come off as rude

- - - Updated - - -

Because, this is the internet.
    No because you're ignorant...But alas, I'm sorry if I came off rude, that was not my purpose
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I just don't see that. These people are just as real as they would be in our timeline. And what if they come to our timeline permanently? Would they still not count as real?
    maybe characters like yrel which blizzard made up just for warlords but if thralls father came back? gul'dan? grom? a 2nd velen?

no i would not consider them real. they are echoes, doppelgangers, imposters.

they are not our friends, they are not the characters we loved. they are fakes and nothing else.

depends. theres lots of different ways they can bring illidan back.
    i dont want WoD treatment. i want our illidan revived.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

it would be like if i went to an alternate reality and killed universe b's version of me. i didnt kill me, i just killed someone whos similar to me. he isnt real. im the real me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i dont want WoD treatment. i want our illidan revived.
    i wasnt suggesting time travel shenanigans.

theres just lots of ways they can bring him back. illidan couldve had a plan in place ala voldemort, he couldve faked his death somehow, he could come back like a nathrezim since hes half demon, he could be revived somehow, maybe kil'jaedan is messing with illidans soul in someway like he did with ner'zhul

I have actually replied, nothing seems interesting for me in wod, not only nelves could be not there..just i dont like time travel or orcs or draenor...except the models, and apology accepted, cuz i am ignorant.
    Last edited by Moonbow; 2014-02-09 at 06:57 PM.

Deleted
    I have actually replied, nothing seems interesting for me in wod, not only nelves could be not there..just i dont like time travel or orcs or draenor...except the models, and apology accepted, cuz i am ignorant.
    It's not time travel.

It's not time travel.
    YES it is.

just because its not our universe doesnt mean it isnt 30 years behind ours.

we arent going to draenor had it not exploded and aged 30 years. were going to draenor 30 years ago if some orc had spent 2 years over there giving them secrets.

its still time travel