Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Alright. Go on then. Tell me how it feels to be whipped. To be in slavery. To know that you are being undermined because of your skin colour.

Go on. Give me a detailed sit-rep about this. Explain to me, since you clearly understand.

I'll first handedly, COMMEND YOU, if you manage to do this. The disrespect on display, I can merely shake my head in disbelief.
    You're a really sensitive soul, but everyone within this thread can laugh at your display of ignorance.

According to you, i can't understand something until i've endured it.

I can't understand the process of death or cancer, i can't understand how to build a wall, i can't understand how to build a computer.

Yes, i can understand how to do all that.

I just can't experience it.

I understand black people were kept in awful conditions to be transported to brutal environments and worked to death, doesn't mean i can relate to it, relates means that i've endured something similar or comparable.

Understanding does not.

So please, stop acting so pitiful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    That's not what I said....You can understand it but you won't understand it like a former slave did.
    Are there any slaves in the same respect as in the past, living in America, today, who experience slavery?

Deleted
    Experiencing something gives a deeper understanding - One that cannot be achieved by academical knowledge. Get real.
    You're being obtuse to the point of hilarity.

I've never said i can relate to being whipped, or beaten, or treated like i slave.

I merely stated i understand what that entailed.

Learn not to be so pretentious and petty.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-02-10 at 02:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I don't disagree with what you're saying (you can't fully appreciate something without personally experiencing it) but I have no idea where you're going with it.

If not "fully understanding" the situation means you aren't eligible to comment on it, you've pretty much invalidated the whole discipline of history.
    History is a probable depiction of happenings. You would know this if you have read history AT ALL. Since it's all *LIKELYHOODS*.

Plenty of revisionings happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    You're a really sensitive soul, but everyone within this thread can laugh at your display of ignorance.

According to you, i can't understand something until i've endured it.

I can't understand the process of death or cancer, i can't understand how to build a wall, i can't understand how to build a computer.

Yes, i can understand how to do all that.

I just can't experience it.

I understand black people were kept in awful conditions to be transported to brutal environments and worked to death, doesn't mean i can relate to it, relates means that i've endured something similar or comparable.

Understanding does not.

So please, stop acting so pitiful.
    You keep throwing around personal insults like they mean something.

Yet you try to measure yourself with understanding the suffering of a people undermined of their human rights.

A true keyboard warrior.

I wonder if only slaves that commited crimes got whipped. Surely the slaves werent all law abiding people. Look at the crime now, Im guessing it was the same back then.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-02-10 at 02:56 AM.

Deleted
    History is a probable depiction of happenings. You would know this if you have read history AT ALL. Since it's all *LIKELYHOODS*.

Plenty of revisionings happen.
    I'm a historian, I know that. You're throwing out an awful lot of likelihoods by only allowing (ex-)slaves to write histories of slavery, though.

Deleted

Yet you try to measure yourself with understanding the suffering of a people undermined of their human rights.

A true keyboard warrior.
    You keep attacking people when they state they can understand history and sympathize with others struggles, that in itself is pathetic.

I've stated i understand the past, not that i've endured it.

I know full well what treatment they received, yet according to you i don't until i experience it first hand.

That's just patently absurd.

A true keyboard warrior.
    I could say the same of you, considering what else i've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Are there any slaves in the same respect as in the past, living in America, today, who experience slavery?
    Nope not currently all dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I'm a historian, I know that. You're throwing out an awful lot of likelihoods by only allowing (ex-)slaves to write histories of slavery, though.
    And as a Historian, you would also know that the only use of proof from slavers are thoose that are un-biasedly confirmable. Same goes for the slaves really.

But since the point is not probability of happening, but actual understanding of the misery, pain and suffering to be in such a situation - It matters not what likelyhoods you throw around. You would simply get the answer from someone who has been in slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    You keep attacking people when they state they can understand history and sympathize with others struggles, that in itself is pathetic.

I've stated i understand the past, not that i've endured it.

I know full well what treatment they received, yet according to you i don't until i experience it first hand.

That's just patently absurd.

I could say the same of you, considering what else i've heard.
    You are a keyboard warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, this thread's pretty thoroughly derailed already, going to lock this before it gets worse.