Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Will the S15 LACK of models/rewards create problems?

    Source: Frontpage

    - No elite gear
    - No mount either, despite a prideful serpent being found

    Apart from fun, there isn't really that much point in doing it apart from getting your 550. Even then, I can see the more... "Stronger" PVP community turning to just kill lowbies and farm players on timeless isle since there really isn't any other reason for them to play.

    What do you think?
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

    - A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

  2. #2
    Just to clarify, the datamined Prideful mount IS being used for the Gladiator reward in S15. The 'no new PvP mounts' was in regards to the 40 RBG / 100 Arena wins achievement.

  3. #3
    I kinda doubt it'll matter. Certainly won't impact me at all, I don't play the game so my gear can look different every few months, and I already have more mounts than I can use anyway, so that's largely irrelevant as well.

  4. #4
    just means there's absolutely no reason to play next season....gonna cancel sub and enjoy D3 expansion until WoD releases.

  5. #5
    most pvpers don't care either way to be honest, i know gladiators who have glad mount + ogrimmar wolf + horde fly mount you get on outland and thats all.

  6. #6
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,674
    horde fly mount you get on outland
    Red Wyvern, only mount I ride. Fits in doors, works in arena, flys. These PvP mounts that dont work in arena or dont fly arent helpful to me at all. So I cant give a crap about no new ones. Nor can I really care about no new graphic. T6 warrior + Stormherald is perfection, no need to wear anything else.

    A full set of 550 gear, and the general fun created by playing, is more then enough to keep me playing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    just means there's absolutely no reason to play next season....gonna cancel sub and enjoy D3 expansion until WoD releases.
    So you only play to get items, you dont play because you like playing?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Red Wyvern, only mount I ride. Fits in doors, works in arena, flys. These PvP mounts that dont work in arena or dont fly arent helpful to me at all. So I cant give a crap about no new ones. Nor can I really care about no new graphic. T6 warrior + Stormherald is perfection, no need to wear anything else.

    A full set of 550 gear, and the general fun created by playing, is more then enough to keep me playing.

    - - - Updated - - -


    So you only play to get items, you dont play because you like playing?
    this expansion,yes. I can honestly say I haven't enjoyed this expansion once but I played it out of habit. WoW's pvp used to be fun so I was just holding out hope it'd get better. clearly it won't at least not before WoD.

  8. #8
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stormwind Trade District
    Posts
    84
    I pvp to beat the other guy. Not get pretty dresses or new ponies. That stuff is for dragonslayers.

    Edge aside. Really don't care about "PvP rewards." The competition is the reward itself. A new season is always fun as everyone starts on nearly equal footing and gear matters the least. Fun times ahead!

  9. #9
    Epic! Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,532
    While I do not PvP for items, but for my own enjoment*- I still think they are being lazy.

    *as much as panda pvp can be
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

  10. #10
    It doesn't matter because honestly? The PvP sets started looking like crap a long time ago.
    Who looks forward to them anymore? They just get worse as time goes on.

    I'd be excited for a new set and mount if I knew blizzard would have given them some creative thought at least.

  11. #11
    I'm disappointed that they didn't take the time to make new gear sets other than swapping colors on the current sets. I'm not too worried about the mount achievement though. Just play for fun imo. If you don't enjoy the game or feel that you aren't being rewarded for your time then don't do it.

  12. #12
    I actually would have liked them to do a "classic" set. Something that had already been designed but just needed a texture update.

  13. #13
    Dreadlord ipoststuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    889
    I would like if they made a new set but im not bothered. And they have a good reason. I'd rather have wod sooner than getting cosmetic stuff.

    On the other hand lack of balance will certainly create problems.

  14. #14
    We should really try and stop reading full-blown disasters into every single thing Blizzard does or decides. It's getting old at 5000 mph lately.

    Like, you know, the alternative to a this new PvP season would have been S14 lasting well until July with not the tiniest additions, no chance at getting more gear than you have now. Oh well, guess we'll soon find someone who'd have actually preferred that.
    There are too many design flaws in your game. As a result, your customers' game experience may be degraded. Fire or replace the failing developers if you don't want to see this message again.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Matt0193's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I would like if they made a new set but im not bothered. And they have a good reason. I'd rather have wod sooner than getting cosmetic stuff.

    On the other hand lack of balance will certainly create problems.
    See, that argument holds weight when it comes to actual content such as a new zone, be it an instanced zone or whatever. Changing, or at least recolouring (Other than swapping), the gear sets is something that a single art guy could do over the course of a few days/weeks. One guy isn't going to make or break the deadline for WoD.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    We should really try and stop reading full-blown disasters into every single thing Blizzard does or decides. It's getting old at 5000 mph lately.

    Like, you know, the alternative to a this new PvP season would have been S14 lasting well until July with not the tiniest additions, no chance at getting more gear than you have now. Oh well, guess we'll soon find someone who'd have actually preferred that.
    An alternative could've just been resetting ladders and keeping the current gear and bumping the iLevel up for us - instead of forcing PvPers into farming a brand new set of gear that looks identical.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Source: Frontpage

    - No elite gear
    - No mount either, despite a prideful serpent being found

    Apart from fun, there isn't really that much point in doing it apart from getting your 550. Even then, I can see the more... "Stronger" PVP community turning to just kill lowbies and farm players on timeless isle since there really isn't any other reason for them to play.

    What do you think?
    i'm sorry but if they add more mounts and elite gear, it might take away from other areas including a raid tier or something so no elite gear or mounts.

    sorry.

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    4,571
    I doubt it will create any major porblems and it almost certainly won't have any long lasting ramifications as to the health of WoW's PvP scene.

    That being said, I don't like how it shows practically zero foresight on their part to not have something up their sleeves, it just makes me think we'll all remember S15 as that half assed one at the end of MoP. I understand, and even agree that now, they shouldn't be pulling major resources away from WoD design to flesh out S15. But still, I don't think it would have killed WoD's release date to have one or two art guys whip up some new colors on a previous season's gear as a token effort. Say, re-use Tyrannical Gladiator's armor models but just give us new colors insterad of swapping faction colors.

    Again, I understand the reasoning, but I don't like the near zero effort.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-02-10 at 04:41 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I doubt it will create any major porblems and it almost certainly won't have any long lasting ramifications as to the health of WoW's PvP scene.

    That being said, I don't like how it shows practically zero foresight on their part to not have something up their sleeves, it just makes me think we'll all remember S15 as that half assed one at the end of MoP. I understand, and even agree that now, they shouldn't be pulling major resources away from WoD design to flesh out S15. But still, I don't think it would have killed WoD's release date to have one or two art guys whip up some new colors on a previous season's gear as a token effort. Say, re-use Tyrannical Gladiator's armor models but just give us new colors insterad of swapping faction colors.

    Again, I understand the reasoning, but I don't like the near zero effort.

    How does it show zero foresight? The fact that this season is even happening is because they were looking into the future.

  20. #20
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Red Wyvern, only mount I ride. Fits in doors, works in arena, flys. These PvP mounts that dont work in arena or dont fly arent helpful to me at all. So I cant give a crap about no new ones. Nor can I really care about no new graphic. T6 warrior + Stormherald is perfection, no need to wear anything else.

    A full set of 550 gear, and the general fun created by playing, is more then enough to keep me playing.

    - - - Updated - - -


    So you only play to get items, you dont play because you like playing?
    I hate this as a tauren >.<.

    For the armor and stuff? I think blizzard has already shown armor wise that they do not really gives a shit about us either way in that regard.They know that we will pvp either way, the armor could be a brown bag and blizzard would not care.
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-02-10 at 05:24 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •